[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: no fitz!!!!  (Read 3415 times)

State

• Starter
no fitz!!!!
« on: December 08, 2007, 04:57:11 PM »
nm....

muhoops1

• All American
Re: no fitz!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 08:42:58 PM »
Broke his arm.  My peeps in MN know his family through other peeps.  He'll be out 4 weeks.  No surgery.  In a suit tonight.

Word

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
Whoa, whoa whoa.  So we've gone from a sprained wrist to a broken arm?  That's hard to believe.  4 weeks?  Crean's been saying day to day.

Check your peeps again.

4everwarriors

• All American
Crean Speak...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »
with forked tongue.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 11:22:36 PM »
Whoa, whoa whoa.  So we've gone from a sprained wrist to a broken arm?  That's hard to believe.  4 weeks?  Crean's been saying day to day.

Check your peeps again.
I'm not saying that what his peeps said were correct or not because I honestly do not know, but 1. why would he just say that if he didn't hear that? and 2. that wouldn't surprise me, how about Jerel's injury last year?  Crean said it wasn't anything big, and it was supposed to be day to day, and then he missed like the last month and had surgery.  It's what Crean does, keeps his injuries on the down low.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mviale

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 11:28:36 PM »
The man is clearly brilliant
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 01:12:29 AM »
Broke his arm.  My peeps in MN know his family through other peeps.  He'll be out 4 weeks.  No surgery.  In a suit tonight.

Word

[quote/]
He was not in a suit, he was wearing a marquette warm up jump-suit... unless he took it off after the pregame

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 01:28:01 AM »
nope, he kept it on all game.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 05:05:53 PM »
I was there.  Fitz was in a warmup.  HOwever, it appeared that his arm has been amputated at the middle of his upper arm.  He had the empty sleeve pinned up to the rest of the warmup arm.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 05:20:29 PM »
I was there.  Fitz was in a warmup.  HOwever, it appeared that his arm has been amputated at the middle of his upper arm.  He had the empty sleeve pinned up to the rest of the warmup arm.

Nice quiet crowd for ZiggysFryBaby, yes? 
Ludum habemus.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 06:08:06 PM »
may have been in a sling under the warmup if the broken arm thing is true.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 06:42:39 PM »
Who has a class with Fitz to verify?

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 06:56:52 PM »
Speaking of Fitz for a second...  I hate to kick a guy when he's down, but I think these last few games have shown that Fitz really isn't needed in much more than an 7th/8th man-type role.  Don't get me wrong -- I think Fitz will prove useful when teams start throwing zone against us.  But in games like last night, where it's man-to-man all night long, I don't see what Fitz does that Cubillan, Acker and to a lesser extent Hayward and Matthews don't do.  This holds doubly true on the defensive end -- for Crean to implement the defense he wants to play, I don't see where Fitz helps us.  He's not awful on that end but he's nothing spectacular and he brings down the general 'athleticism' and 'uptempo-ness' any time he's on the floor.

I guess what I'm saying is, when that arm heals up, I hope Fitz isn't getting many more minutes than guys like Cubillan and Acker are getting (Note -- I understand these guys don't play the same position, I'm just making a 'minutes' comparison).

Thoughts?

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 07:30:59 PM »
Speaking of Fitz for a second...  I hate to kick a guy when he's down, but I think these last few games have shown that Fitz really isn't needed in much more than an 7th/8th man-type role.  Don't get me wrong -- I think Fitz will prove useful when teams start throwing zone against us.  But in games like last night, where it's man-to-man all night long, I don't see what Fitz does that Cubillan, Acker and to a lesser extent Hayward and Matthews don't do.  This holds doubly true on the defensive end -- for Crean to implement the defense he wants to play, I don't see where Fitz helps us.  He's not awful on that end but he's nothing spectacular and he brings down the general 'athleticism' and 'uptempo-ness' any time he's on the floor.

I guess what I'm saying is, when that arm heals up, I hope Fitz isn't getting many more minutes than guys like Cubillan and Acker are getting (Note -- I understand these guys don't play the same position, I'm just making a 'minutes' comparison).

Thoughts?

Couldnt disagree more. I really think fitz is the 2nd most important guy off the bench for us, after ooze.  All that needs to be said about him is that hes the only consistent 3 pt threat and until someone else proves they can be, he will be more important in the rotation. Fitz is shooting 53% from 3, next closest is 38% for Mo and 36% for cubes. Are other 3 guards are just miserable from beyond the arc again, Jerel at 26% and wes at 23%, yikes. If you dont think that 85% of the teams in conference will play zone u are wrong, because their scouts know that we havent been shooting well. Also, both cubes and mo can handle the ball and beat people, but we already have that. Neither have the size that Fitz offers, and when need be height alone will get him some rebounds and cause some matchup problems.

Also, all we have in true frontcourt depth are Barro, Burke, and Hayward. Foul trouble will occur and we will need some height on the court, Fitz can fill that better than the other two.

Its pretty clear at this point of the season that what we have is a mix of 5 guards- dj, jerel, wes, cubes, mo- and 4 'bigs' - ooze, burke, lazar, fitz- that we can count on. then we have blackledge, hazel, christopherson who can play spot minutes in need