collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sorority Girls at a baseball game  (Read 5317 times)

jesmu84

• All American

Benny B

• All American
Re: Sorority Girls at a baseball game
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:31:14 PM »
This is why we DO NOT need to extend the nets in baseball stadiums.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »
This is why we DO NOT need to extend the nets in baseball stadiums.

I laughed out loud at that one

brandx

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
The only thing dumber than the girls were the announcers.

They are simultaneously asking people to tweet in their photos as they are making fun of the girls for.... taking photos.

And I guess there is nothing funnier that erectile dysfunctional 60 year old jocks making fun of teenage girls. What a hoot :-\

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 05:40:26 PM »
Not sure if they're 18 so I'll avoid the jokes about the footlong hotdog and the 2 foot churro.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 06:04:05 PM »

They are simultaneously asking people to tweet in their photos as they are making fun of the girls for.... taking photos.

And I guess there is nothing funnier that erectile dysfunctional 60 year old jocks making fun of teenage girls. What a hoot :-\

I thought it was pretty funny and respectful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 06:13:45 PM »

Who pee'd in your granola today?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »
Well since they are college students (at Arizona St. no less) gonna go with the assumption that that are 18.

They sure can handle those footlongs a'ina?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »
Well since they are college students (at Arizona St. no less) gonna go with the assumption that that are 18.

They sure can handle those footlongs a'ina?

Well, since they are ASU students, I'm pretty sure they are quite versed with handling a footlong.  After all, it is on the admission exam.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brandx

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 09:06:37 PM »
Who pee'd in your granola today?

Well, I never touch granola, but I would like someone to explain how old men publicly trying to shame young girls is a virtue.

Now if they would have volunteered to give the mike to the girls to respond, then it could have been funny. But old men publicly mocking young girls who have done nothing wrong is not my cup of tea.

But you certainly have the right to watch and laugh.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 11:51:54 PM »
You figure this was a rush event?  So some of the ladies are there only to curry favor with the standing members of the sorority?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 08:20:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure the producer of this segment is an MU grad (actually being serious, I graduated with one of the producers for FSArizona that does Dbacks games).

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 08:22:26 AM »
Well, I never touch granola, but I would like someone to explain how old men publicly trying to shame young girls is a virtue.

Now if they would have volunteered to give the mike to the girls to respond, then it could have been funny. But old men publicly mocking young girls who have done nothing wrong is not my cup of tea.

But you certainly have the right to watch and laugh.

If one of those girls was my daughter, I'd be laughing my ass off.  And so would she. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 10:29:59 AM »
You figure this was a rush event?  So some of the ladies are there only to curry favor with the standing members of the sorority?

That doesn't look like the sorority rush events I've seen in, ah, um... videos on the internet.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 10:44:34 AM »
That doesn't look like the sorority rush events I've seen in, ah, um... videos on the internet.

Those might not be real sororities.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »

Everything has to be an outrage eh?  There are real problems in the world.  Lightheartedly poking fun at people acting silly is not one of them. 

I thought the announcers were great.  Quite funny. 

brandx

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 03:01:07 PM »
Everything has to be an outrage eh?  There are real problems in the world.  Lightheartedly poking fun at people acting silly is not one of them. 

I thought the announcers were great.  Quite funny.

I'm not outraged - just don't see the purpose of publicly shaming people who do not have a television audience to answer back to.

It would, however, be a very funny scene in a movie.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2015, 03:36:10 PM »
Those might not be real sororities.

You're probably right.  I was initially skeptical about their intellectual capacity, but there was certain je ne sais quoi about those girls that made it difficult to harbor any doubts.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 10:20:48 AM »
I'm not outraged - just don't see the purpose of publicly shaming people who do not have a television audience to answer back to.

It would, however, be a very funny scene in a movie.

https://youtu.be/G7MgaRS0MIE

So this must have happened to you at some point huh?

I'm actually curious with this whole "shaming" deal.  Is anytime you poke fun at something shaming?

By the way, the Dbacks offered the sorority tickets to another game.  There seemed to be no outrage on the part of the girls, and they worked with the Dbacks to get the tickets to an organization that works with abused women.  Tip of the cap to those young ladies. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 01:21:56 PM »
Those broads are no virgins when it comes to handlin' the old foot long, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2015, 08:16:09 PM »
that's funny!  was channel surfing last night and happened upon saturday night live-probably a rerun, but they were doing a skit on "the millennials".  they could have included a scene from this video-it was spot on!  texting, selfies, selfies, texting, taking pics of each other...talking about work and wanting to know when they could get promoted, get a raise, when nap time was, if they could come in late and leave early, text text text.  i pray the maturation process kicks in any day now
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2015, 08:23:09 PM »
that's funny!  was channel surfing last night and happened upon saturday night live-probably a rerun, but they were doing a skit on "the millennials".  they could have included a scene from this video-it was spot on!  texting, selfies, selfies, texting, taking pics of each other...talking about work and wanting to know when they could get promoted, get a raise, when nap time was, if they could come in late and leave early, text text text.  i pray the maturation process kicks in any day now

I'm really tired of all these millenial stereotypes. It was Gen x and the boomers who ruined the economy and environment for us. Now we're stuck to deal woth the consequences of their actions.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »
I'm really tired of all these millenial stereotypes. It was Gen x and the boomers who ruined the economy and environment for us. Now we're stuck to deal woth the consequences of their actions.

the consequences of their(millennials) actions remains to be seen.  you have to admit though, they are a funny bunch.  just like any generation, there are going to be certain characteristics that stand out and become emblematic of them in general.  that's not saying they're ALL like that.  i'm sure(well, i know) the generation ahead of us (the baby boomers) had some less than optimistic concerns with how we were growing up.  i.e. rock music, hippies, sexual revolution, drugs etc.  which of course, caused some consternations.   each generation, and with it's successors came many upstanding people despite the stereotypes-scholars, leaders, inventors,  who have continued to move us forward...so far  :-\
don't...don't don't don't don't

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 09:37:43 AM »

Your attempt to pin blame on Gen X demonstrates the extreme shortsightedness we've come to expect from Millenials.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 09:51:42 AM »
Your attempt to pin blame on Gen X demonstrates the extreme shortsightedness we've come to expect from Millenials.

Agreed, plus a classic millenial response "it's everyone else's fault but mine"  ;)

Chitown, every emerging generation gets picked on by the previous generations that were in "power".  In the next 15 years millennials will start to come into power, the question is, how will they use that power?  It is my sincere hope they will do better than Gen Y and X and learned from their mistakes, but I fear they have not yet learned those lessons.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 12:06:44 PM »
Selfie loving Sorority Girls Ask for Donations
http://jezebel.com/selfie-loving-sorority-girls-ask-for-donations-to-domes-1734458566

"Alpha Chi Omega at Arizona State University would like to thank the Arizona Diamondbacks and Fox Sports for reaching out to the chapter after last night’s game and subsequent media frenzy. We appreciate their generous offer of tickets to tonight’s game. However, instead of chapter members attending the game, we have asked the Diamondbacks and Fox Sports to provide tickets to a future game for families at A New Leaf, a local non-profit that helps support victims of domestic violence."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 12:43:35 PM »
Very well done by that chapter.  Kudos to them.

Of course a good chunk of Jezebel commenters still found a way to hate.  That site is toxic

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 02:24:53 PM »
Very well done by that chapter.  Kudos to them.

I will personally guarantee that no one from the chapter wrote that response.  Anytime a Greek organization releases a statement of this nature, it's coming from a headquarters office/staffer. 

That said, still a nice gesture, but I'm guessing these ladies have no clue that the season is over.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 02:29:04 PM »
I will personally guarantee that no one from the chapter wrote that response.  Anytime a Greek organization releases a statement of this nature, it's coming from a headquarters office/staffer. 

That said, still a nice gesture, but I'm guessing these ladies have no clue that the season is over.

I wouldn't think it was any of the girls in the video, but in my Greek experience (former roommate was a Chapter president and another was head of communications for a chapter), there is dialogue between the chapter and nationals.  Thats the same as dismissing philanthropy or community service because its coordinated at levels above them.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 02:47:10 PM »
I wouldn't think it was any of the girls in the video, but in my Greek experience (former roommate was a Chapter president and another was head of communications for a chapter), there is dialogue between the chapter and nationals.  Thats the same as dismissing philanthropy or community service because its coordinated at levels above them.

In my experience, it's the national organization that will identify a specific philanthropy or charity, but the chapters are in charge of their own logistics to achieve that goal.  That's a far cry from the chapter president forwarding an email written by a national officer or having someone ghost-write a release for her.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »
In my experience, it's the national organization that will identify a specific philanthropy or charity, but the chapters are in charge of their own logistics to achieve that goal.  That's a far cry from the chapter president forwarding an email written by a national officer or having someone ghost-write a release for her.

Every chapter has a national philanthropy. I know sororitys stick with it for the most part but a lot of fraternities have their own individual philanthropy. My chapter's philanthropy was different than our nationals, and yes, organization of events is all on the individual chapters. Nationals do nothing in that regard.

feedback