[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by JakeBarnes
[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sorority Girls at a baseball game  (Read 5287 times)

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
Re: Sorority Girls at a baseball game
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 12:06:44 PM »
Selfie loving Sorority Girls Ask for Donations
http://jezebel.com/selfie-loving-sorority-girls-ask-for-donations-to-domes-1734458566

"Alpha Chi Omega at Arizona State University would like to thank the Arizona Diamondbacks and Fox Sports for reaching out to the chapter after last night’s game and subsequent media frenzy. We appreciate their generous offer of tickets to tonight’s game. However, instead of chapter members attending the game, we have asked the Diamondbacks and Fox Sports to provide tickets to a future game for families at A New Leaf, a local non-profit that helps support victims of domestic violence."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 12:43:35 PM »
Very well done by that chapter.  Kudos to them.

Of course a good chunk of Jezebel commenters still found a way to hate.  That site is toxic

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 02:24:53 PM »
Very well done by that chapter.  Kudos to them.

I will personally guarantee that no one from the chapter wrote that response.  Anytime a Greek organization releases a statement of this nature, it's coming from a headquarters office/staffer. 

That said, still a nice gesture, but I'm guessing these ladies have no clue that the season is over.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 02:29:04 PM »
I will personally guarantee that no one from the chapter wrote that response.  Anytime a Greek organization releases a statement of this nature, it's coming from a headquarters office/staffer. 

That said, still a nice gesture, but I'm guessing these ladies have no clue that the season is over.

I wouldn't think it was any of the girls in the video, but in my Greek experience (former roommate was a Chapter president and another was head of communications for a chapter), there is dialogue between the chapter and nationals.  Thats the same as dismissing philanthropy or community service because its coordinated at levels above them.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 02:47:10 PM »
I wouldn't think it was any of the girls in the video, but in my Greek experience (former roommate was a Chapter president and another was head of communications for a chapter), there is dialogue between the chapter and nationals.  Thats the same as dismissing philanthropy or community service because its coordinated at levels above them.

In my experience, it's the national organization that will identify a specific philanthropy or charity, but the chapters are in charge of their own logistics to achieve that goal.  That's a far cry from the chapter president forwarding an email written by a national officer or having someone ghost-write a release for her.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »
In my experience, it's the national organization that will identify a specific philanthropy or charity, but the chapters are in charge of their own logistics to achieve that goal.  That's a far cry from the chapter president forwarding an email written by a national officer or having someone ghost-write a release for her.

Every chapter has a national philanthropy. I know sororitys stick with it for the most part but a lot of fraternities have their own individual philanthropy. My chapter's philanthropy was different than our nationals, and yes, organization of events is all on the individual chapters. Nationals do nothing in that regard.

feedback