[Today at 07:05:03 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 10 fastest growing jobs for women  (Read 5803 times)

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
Re: 10 fastest growing jobs for women
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2019, 03:51:19 AM »
Given your extensive travels in Europe I'd assume its limited to generally what they taste like  ;D

In France I stick with le poulet. When I was in Kazakhstan I know they served horse meat at a dinner but I gave it a miss.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2019, 08:01:17 AM »
What I find amazing and disheartening is that we have, in 2019, a thread called "10 fastest growing jobs for women."

The only acceptable, reasonable answer to this comment should be, "anything a woman wants to be."

Look, I have a son and a daughter. I have said since my children were young that I expect my daughter to have the same opportunities in life as my son. Nobody is saying either will have it easy but I've yet to discern why having ovaries and a uterus should be a disqualifying element of a job opportunity.

Generations ago, braun mattered. With automation, hydraulics, mechanization etc., today's workforce values mental over physical. And in case you guys think I'm wrong, look at the percentage of college students today who are women. And, last I checked, there are at least as many women in engineering and business schools as there are men.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2019, 09:19:00 AM »
And, last I checked, there are at least as many women in engineering and business schools as there are men.

I’m curious when and where you last checked. Because I just checked and in 30 seconds found data suggesting that is it was about 20% in engineering. In about 2 minutes found data showing that they’ve made advances in MBA programs, but still about 45%. I suspect it might be better in undergrad business, but didn’t find that number in a quick search.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2019, 09:30:02 AM »
What I find amazing and disheartening is that we have, in 2019, a thread called "10 fastest growing jobs for women."

The only acceptable, reasonable answer to this comment should be, "anything a woman wants to be."

Look, I have a son and a daughter. I have said since my children were young that I expect my daughter to have the same opportunities in life as my son. Nobody is saying either will have it easy but I've yet to discern why having ovaries and a uterus should be a disqualifying element of a job opportunity.

Generations ago, braun mattered. With automation, hydraulics, mechanization etc., today's workforce values mental over physical. And in case you guys think I'm wrong, look at the percentage of college students today who are women. And, last I checked, there are at least as many women in engineering and business schools as there are men.

You realize it's the "10 fastest growing jobs" which is based on statistics.

It's not "10 best jobs for women".

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2019, 10:03:31 AM »
You realize it's the "10 fastest growing jobs" which is based on statistics.

It's not "10 best jobs for women".

I Googled “10 Fastest Growing Jobs for Men” and only got “Fastest Growing Jobs”. As an aside, that says something. Anyway, the women’s only list sounds more appealing generally. I’d rather be a vet than a bicycle repairer or a wind turbine blade installer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/06/here-are-the-20-fastest-growing-jobs-and-how-much-they-pay.html

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2019, 12:32:48 PM »
Ban this guy.

None of us are interested in his right wing “men are picked on” articles.

^^^ ban dis gf individual

Stop talking politics, brandi.  My post wasn't political... and the author of both articles is a girl.

#ProtectTheMan
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2019, 12:57:58 PM »
Ban this guy.

None of us are interested in his right wing “men are picked on” articles.

Who the f#ck appointed this guy the arbiter of worthiness? Probably missed his calling as a state censor for a Stalinist regime in pre-1989 Eastern Europe.

None of us are interested in his leftist pablum.

I still marvel at the Canadian flag. Why not the Venezuelan?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2019, 01:08:23 PM »
Who the f#ck appointed this guy the arbiter of worthiness? Probably missed his calling as a state censor for a Stalinist regime in pre-1989 Eastern Europe.

I still marvel at the Canadian flag. Why not the Venezuelan?

The irony.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2019, 05:22:09 PM »
In France I stick with le poulet. When I was in Kazakhstan I know they served horse meat at a dinner but I gave it a miss.

I tried it in Belgium about a year ago. My rep’s younger brother is a butcher and insisted when we had a grill out. It wasn’t bad. They don’t eat it that often at all. It reminded me more of venison than beef. Interestingly, it becomes more tender and flavorful as the animal ages unlike many animals, so it’s older animals that are targeted for consumption. Not a veal or chicken situation.

Crash, dropped you a PM BTW.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2019, 07:02:07 PM »

We all know you prefer your pablum from the right. So much so that you’ll pass it off as your own.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2019, 09:42:59 AM »
I tried it in Belgium about a year ago. My rep’s younger brother is a butcher and insisted when we had a grill out. It wasn’t bad. They don’t eat it that often at all. It reminded me more of venison than beef. Interestingly, it becomes more tender and flavorful as the animal ages unlike many animals, so it’s older animals that are targeted for consumption. Not a veal or chicken situation.

Crash, dropped you a PM BTW.

Living in Asia one encounters a wide range of animal life on the plate. And in survival training I have choked down various forms of mammal, reptile, and insect.

I have never been squeamish about eating off-grid meat but it's definitely the exception.