[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Drifting scooter?  (Read 1220 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Drifting scooter?
« on: August 04, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
Was able to try one recently....very cool.  Maybe some of you have played around with one already.  Thoughts?

http://youtu.be/9G4yiO1Cmv4

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Drifting scooter?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:02:26 PM »
Looks pretty cool. Was it as easy as the guy made it seem? Think there's a market? What uses would it fill?

Just curious your personal thoughts.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »
I've seen a bunch of them out here in the last few months.  It was a little awkward at first, but you get the hang of it.  Getting off of it is weird.

Yes, I think the market exists. 

augoman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »
seems very cool.  surprised not to see a helmet- has to be a little tough to dismount.  I'd like to get one but fear the 'new gimmick' result of one week of heavy use followed by a lifetime in the closet.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »
Think they'd need to figure out how to get them over that tiny bump before they'd ever be more than a small niche item.

If they figure that out and eventually become mainstream, the average weight in the US will go up by 20-25 lbs...

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
I'm shocked that they are that cheap.  Electric skateboards are ~$1,200 and up.  I'd argue the skateboards are much cooler but not 4X cooler.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 02:03:27 PM »
Think they'd need to figure out how to get them over that tiny bump before they'd ever be more than a small niche item.

If they figure that out and eventually become mainstream, the average weight in the US will go up by 20-25 lbs...

Apparently there is a version out there with bigger wheels (10") that makes it better for common urban obstacles like bumps.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 03:40:35 PM »
very cool, BUT, the lawyers are licking their chops. 

weight discrimination-come on!  what about those that are horizontally challenged?

wait for the first boo-boo

hate to pee on the party-they look like a blast, but whenever humans get involved...there isn't enough room on these for all the warning labels.  what will the first one need to be-do not operate while intoxicated?  for recreational purposes only. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 04:32:15 PM »
very cool, BUT, the lawyers are licking their chops. 

weight discrimination-come on!  what about those that are horizontally challenged?

wait for the first boo-boo

hate to pee on the party-they look like a blast, but whenever humans get involved...there isn't enough room on these for all the warning labels.  what will the first one need to be-do not operate while intoxicated?  for recreational purposes only.
unless the product quality is poor I don't see the judicial system getting clogged up with wrongful injury suites.  will some ambulance chaser try to push one, i have not doubt.  but i look at it as no different, and probably safer, than a skateboard and you don't hear a lot of cases against skateboard manufacturers.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »
unless the product quality is poor I don't see the judicial system getting clogged up with wrongful injury suites.  will some ambulance chaser try to push one, i have not doubt.  but i look at it as no different, and probably safer, than a skateboard and you don't hear a lot of cases against skateboard manufacturers.

agree completely, except the skateboard needs to be propelled by it's occupant, the scooter has many gray areas that can be exploited if not operated properly and believe me, as history has proven, there are some real numbskulls out there-read "jackass"  you know those famous last words before they wake up in the hospital on a respirator-"WATCH THIS"  people on the lower end of the darwinian scale if you will
don't...don't don't don't don't

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 02:25:30 PM »
Yeah, lets make America fatter.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 03:32:07 PM »
Silly me. Here I thought this was gonna be 'bout how McCray lost his way, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"