[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337396 times)

The Big East

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 10/15/20
« Reply #27750 on: October 28, 2020, 04:57:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/john14__6/status/1320375108360269824?s=21

Class of 2022, Milwaukee native
Thanks for identifying another quality local prospect.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27751 on: October 29, 2020, 04:11:59 PM »
Jake @jakeweingarten

After talking with head coach Steve Wojciechowski last week, Top-60 junior Roddy Gayle Jr. is currently speaking with Marquette’s assistant coaches virtually, a source told @stockrisers.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27752 on: October 29, 2020, 04:28:21 PM »
Jake @jakeweingarten

After talking with head coach Steve Wojciechowski last week, Top-60 junior Roddy Gayle Jr. is currently speaking with Marquette’s assistant coaches virtually, a source told @stockrisers.

I'd be a big fan of this.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27754 on: October 29, 2020, 07:54:52 PM »
What MU did with Markus Howard is really appealing.    Thanks, guru.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 08:47:55 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #27755 on: October 29, 2020, 08:01:32 PM »
Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
44s
Marquette just offered four-star senior Mustapha Amzil, his coach told @Stockrisers

Here's a story on him

https://stockrisers.com/s/168/2021s-mustapha-amzil-emerging-as-national-recruit
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 08:09:48 PM by muguru »

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #27756 on: October 29, 2020, 08:16:12 PM »
Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
44s
Marquette just offered four-star senior Mustapha Amzil, his coach told @Stockrisers

Here's a story on him

Guru- Welcome Back. How do you feel about our recruiting so far this year.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27757 on: October 29, 2020, 08:26:39 PM »
Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
44s

Here's a story on him

That's the first 2021 offer we've seen in awhile. Hopefully reaching out because he is a talent and not because we aren't feeling good about Etienne/Aidoo.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #27758 on: October 29, 2020, 08:30:18 PM »
Guru- Welcome Back. How do you feel about our recruiting so far this year.

You want the honest truth?? I'm not impressed. Now that's not to say that Stevie and Kam are terrible...on the contrary, they could well end up being very good college players. My bigger issue is their isn't a headline recruit in this class. That's worrisome to me. Now granted, it's a strange year, not being able to have in person visits etc, so I give the staff a bit of a mulligan for that. However, that hasn't stopped other programs from reeling in top recruits. For some reason, the staff seems to really struggle with this whole zoom recruiting world we are currently in. They also seemed to have lost their footing after Stan left and to be honest, seem to struggle some after that. When Jalen Warley eliminated MU early, I was concerned about not having a headliner in this class..then Kendall brown chose Baylor(I really thought MU was in a good spot with him), and that was kind of the nail in the coffin for me. Holmes going to freaking Dayton of all places really told me I was right, they have struggled. When you factor in with those 3 in particular, that they had all visited MU pre covid, and all ultimately ended up committing to schools they had never visited..That's very telling to me. You would have thought that at least with one of them, the fact that they had visited MU would be a HUGE advantage. It wasn't. Let's see if they can land Etienne(think he goes to Miami), or Aidoo or now Amzil. If they don't...EVERYONE should be concerned in my opinion.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #27759 on: October 29, 2020, 08:32:11 PM »
That's the first 2021 offer we've seen in awhile. Hopefully reaching out because he is a talent and not because we aren't feeling good about Etienne/Aidoo.
Seems like he is relatively new on the scene. I like that we are in the mix for this prospect.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27760 on: October 29, 2020, 10:48:21 PM »
If Stevie and Kam end up being our only two recruits or even our best two recruits with some other three star commitments, I will be concerned. However, those concerns could be easily alleviated during transfer season. I think we will see instant transfers become a thing and it will completely change how schools recruit. Could easily make up lost ground with a solid transfer class.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #27761 on: October 29, 2020, 11:38:17 PM »
Theo is not playing pro ball in America, so maybe he comes back and gets his masters degree, then again maybe not. 2021 is along ways away.  Wojo seems to be able to bring a kid in every year or two in spring, probably happen again this year. They really need one more big the following year, I see Dawson coming back his Sophmore season, can play 2 bigs and 3 good guards as the guards are all big, they will be fine

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #27762 on: October 29, 2020, 11:42:27 PM »
If theo develops a strong offensive game, including a elite 3 pt shot he will play Pro here so dont doubt.

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #27763 on: October 30, 2020, 12:09:43 AM »
Whatever happend to Da Ron Holmes? I thought it was down to MU and AZ.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #27764 on: October 30, 2020, 12:14:17 AM »
If theo develops a strong offensive game, including a elite 3 pt shot he will play Pro here so dont doubt.
[/quote

I see no reason to believe he will all of a sudden become an offensive weapon.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27765 on: October 30, 2020, 05:29:58 AM »
You want the honest truth?? I'm not impressed. Now that's not to say that Stevie and Kam are terrible...on the contrary, they could well end up being very good college players. My bigger issue is their isn't a headline recruit in this class. That's worrisome to me. Now granted, it's a strange year, not being able to have in person visits etc, so I give the staff a bit of a mulligan for that. However, that hasn't stopped other programs from reeling in top recruits. For some reason, the staff seems to really struggle with this whole zoom recruiting world we are currently in. They also seemed to have lost their footing after Stan left and to be honest, seem to struggle some after that. When Jalen Warley eliminated MU early, I was concerned about not having a headliner in this class..then Kendall brown chose Baylor(I really thought MU was in a good spot with him), and that was kind of the nail in the coffin for me. Holmes going to freaking Dayton of all places really told me I was right, they have struggled. When you factor in with those 3 in particular, that they had all visited MU pre covid, and all ultimately ended up committing to schools they had never visited..That's very telling to me. You would have thought that at least with one of them, the fact that they had visited MU would be a HUGE advantage. It wasn't. Let's see if they can land Etienne(think he goes to Miami), or Aidoo or now Amzil. If they don't...EVERYONE should be concerned in my opinion.

Solid Bro, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27766 on: October 30, 2020, 05:31:36 AM »

Nads has a Foxconn deal for ya, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muguru

• All American
« Reply #27767 on: October 30, 2020, 05:32:16 AM »
If Stevie and Kam end up being our only two recruits or even our best two recruits with some other three star commitments, I will be concerned. However, those concerns could be easily alleviated during transfer season. I think we will see instant transfers become a thing and it will completely change how schools recruit. Could easily make up lost ground with a solid transfer class.

Yes, I think it can be alleviated in the transfer market...BUT only if they land one of the top transfers(or more). They can't just get transfers that are just guys/role players. That's not going to do them any good.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #27768 on: October 30, 2020, 06:08:00 AM »
Yes, I think it can be alleviated in the transfer market...BUT only if they land one of the top transfers(or more). They can't just get transfers that are just guys/role players. That's not going to do them any good.

Lot of this could be alleviated if Marquette alum opened the checkbooks with shoe companies
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #27769 on: October 30, 2020, 07:40:51 AM »

He committed to Dayton. Anthony Grant is off to a good start in his first few seasons back at his alma mater. Kaleb Washington is another top 100 commit for them.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27770 on: October 30, 2020, 07:51:50 AM »

da ron ran ran. To Dayton.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #27771 on: October 30, 2020, 07:57:43 AM »
Lot of this could be alleviated if Marquette alum opened the checkbooks with shoe companies

I bought a pair of shoes last week.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27772 on: October 30, 2020, 08:46:21 AM »
Don't wear Nike, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Viper

• All American
« Reply #27773 on: October 30, 2020, 10:06:01 AM »

Solid Bro, hey?
very solid. I thought FF might have an impact more than it apparently does.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27774 on: October 30, 2020, 10:07:35 AM »

I think it'll be a better class than Cain Elliott and Theo. But agree wholeheartedly that there's no headliner.
Maigh Eo for Sam