'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337012 times)

panda

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 5/15/20
« Reply #26450 on: May 29, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »
Yes, I'm sure they will try, and you're right, IF they go that route and he is approved, then it's no so bad #'s wise, but of course, no guarantees.

Was there ever any explanation why he left Gardner Webb?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #26451 on: May 29, 2020, 01:48:55 PM »
Was there ever any explanation why he left Gardner Webb?

i am curious as well. He left mid-season for "personal reasons" i believe, but had not heard anything further

panda

• All American
« Reply #26452 on: May 29, 2020, 01:53:16 PM »
i am curious as well. He left mid-season for "personal reasons" i believe, but had not heard anything further

Maybe it’s in MU’s best interests to keep it quiet for when they apply for a waiver? That’s my only thought.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26453 on: June 01, 2020, 09:43:32 AM »
Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
49m
Four-star junior James Graham III, who’s amongst one of the breakout players this spring, will virtually meet with Marquette and Iowa at some point this week, he told @Stockrisers
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26454 on: June 01, 2020, 09:49:16 AM »
I can't remember, wasn't Warley coming out with a "top X" list soon?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26455 on: June 01, 2020, 10:12:05 AM »
I can't remember, wasn't Warley coming out with a "top X" list soon?

Correct, June 7th...would be an absolute SHOCK if MU isn't on it, regardless of how big the list is.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #26456 on: June 01, 2020, 10:25:59 AM »
apologies for dumb question, but as things currently stand how many spots are we currently looking to fill for 2021?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #26457 on: June 01, 2020, 10:42:12 AM »
apologies for dumb question, but as things currently stand how many spots are we currently looking to fill for 2021?

Well the current scholarship table shows up having 3 opening for 2020-2021, however, it has not been updated yet to include Perez, Carton, and Bailey, so we have 2 openings for 20-21.  Then add those 2 to the 3 that will be opening when Theo, Jamal, and Koby graduate and it is my understanding that we have 5 openings for 2021-2022.  That is how I believe we currently stand, however, that assumes that Carton completes his eligibility, and we don't add any more pieces this summer, whether from an additional transfer or a 2021 target reclassifying.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26458 on: June 01, 2020, 10:51:07 AM »
Well the current scholarship table shows up having 3 opening for 2020-2021, however, it has not been updated yet to include Perez, Carton, and Bailey, so we have 2 openings for 20-21.  Then add those 2 to the 3 that will be opening when Theo, Jamal, and Koby graduate and it is my understanding that we have 5 openings for 2021-2022.  That is how I believe we currently stand, however, that assumes that Carton completes his eligibility, and we don't add any more pieces this summer, whether from an additional transfer or a 2021 target reclassifying.

Yes, this is the correct answer...5 Which doesn't help the "get old and stay old" model very much.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #26459 on: June 01, 2020, 11:05:43 AM »
Thank you ItsDJover & guru!

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #26460 on: June 01, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »
Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
49m
Four-star junior James Graham III, who’s amongst one of the breakout players this spring, will virtually meet with Marquette and Iowa at some point this week, he told @Stockrisers

This doesn’t fit the narrative at all!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26461 on: June 01, 2020, 11:46:37 AM »
This doesn’t fit the narrative at all!

Sure it does, Unk.

If we aren't a finalist, Wojo will have wasted time and money on him. If we are a finalist and don't get him, it's time to celebrate the "green weinie" and to bring on the "swing and a miss" gifs. And if we do get him, it will be, "Cool, but players never develop under Wojo."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26462 on: June 01, 2020, 11:49:23 AM »
Sure it does, Unk.

If we aren't a finalist, Wojo will have wasted time and money on him. If we are a finalist and don't get him, it's time to celebrate the "green weinie" and to bring on the "swing and a miss" gifs. And if we do get him, it will be, "Cool, but players never develop under Wojo."

Are we really all that concerned about James freaking Graham?? I for one am not...much bigger fish to fry.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26463 on: June 01, 2020, 01:52:45 PM »
Are we really all that concerned about James freaking Graham?? I for one am not...much bigger fish to fry.

I don't know anything about James freaking Graham except for what I read.

I want us to sign lots of good players. Given that Graham supposedly was offered by Izzo, Turgeon, Cuonzo and Crean, among others, I'm guessing he's good.

Is that not correct?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26464 on: June 01, 2020, 02:19:45 PM »

I want us to sign lots of good players. Given that Graham supposedly was offered by Izzo, Turgeon, Cuonzo and Crean, among others, I'm guessing he's good.

Is that not correct?

Big body, talented, not outstanding compared to Jalen Johnson, decent player, must be improving or other coaches would not be offering

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26465 on: June 01, 2020, 02:23:41 PM »

Is that not correct?

Not sure those are commitable offers at this point. Those Coaches offered without seeing a minute of him in person. I'm ok with getting Graham if he's the 4-5 scholarship, if they strike out on their top targets.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26466 on: June 01, 2020, 02:26:01 PM »
Not sure those are commitable offers at this point. Those Coaches offered without seeing a minute of him in person. I'm ok with getting Graham if he's the 4-5 scholarship, if they strike out on their top targets.

guru, I haven't seen him play one second, so I'll defer to you because it sounds like you have seen him play a ton.

I don't know if he's generally regarded as a kid on the rise, a kid with a high ceiling or whatever. Lots of pretty good coaches seemingly have shown interest, though.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26467 on: June 01, 2020, 02:29:22 PM »
guru, I haven't seen him play one second, so I'll defer to you because it sounds like you have seen him play a ton.

I don't know if he's generally regarded as a kid on the rise, a kid with a high ceiling or whatever. Lots of pretty good coaches seemingly have shown interest, though.

I have seen him play, and once a good trainer gets his hands on him, he might be a nice power forward.  Since there is no AAU ball this year, hard to tell how he will
come out of the summer, he should be the star this year at Nicolet if Kobe Johnson passes him the ball.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #26468 on: June 01, 2020, 02:31:18 PM »

I think the only reason people on Scoop are angstly asking "why haven't we offered him" is because he is from Wisconsin. If this guy were in Missouri somewhere, we wouldn't think twice about the lack of an offer, especially considering we are bringing in a bunch of forward / wing types as freshmen this yeaer.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26469 on: June 01, 2020, 02:41:12 PM »

What he really is at this point is an excellent marketer. He did put up big numbers as the offensive focal point at Nicolet and was able to mostly sustain them when Jalen Johnson came back, but he was always off the radar compared to guys like Johnson & Sibley.

He put together a highlight tape that included offense, defense, practices, and provided links to full games for coaches. While other players haven't been as active, Graham did a really good job selling himself and it's paid off with offers.

I think Marquette may be hesitant because he hasn't had that level of AAU success and Nicolet is still Wisconsin D2, so how his improvement will bear out against high major players has yet to be seen. But it could be any number of reasons, from feeling confident in their front court players to simply not having had the conversation with him yet.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #26470 on: June 01, 2020, 02:51:06 PM »
What he really is at this point is an excellent marketer. He did put up big numbers as the offensive focal point at Nicolet and was able to mostly sustain them when Jalen Johnson came back, but he was always off the radar compared to guys like Johnson & Sibley.

He put together a highlight tape that included offense, defense, practices, and provided links to full games for coaches. While other players haven't been as active, Graham did a really good job selling himself and it's paid off with offers.

I think Marquette may be hesitant because he hasn't had that level of AAU success and Nicolet is still Wisconsin D2, so how his improvement will bear out against high major players has yet to be seen. But it could be any number of reasons, from feeling confident in their front court players to simply not having had the conversation with him yet.

Purple greenie, aina?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #26471 on: June 01, 2020, 03:19:01 PM »
Hadn't realized that Perez left in midseason.
Carton left his team in midseason.
Hmmm. A trend.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26472 on: June 01, 2020, 04:37:21 PM »

In addition to the above he presents himself very well. Coaches love that.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26473 on: June 01, 2020, 05:06:28 PM »
Hadn't realized that Perez left in midseason.
Carton left his team in midseason.
Hmmm. A trend.

Tampering Wojo.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26474 on: June 01, 2020, 09:20:11 PM »

I have seen him play, and once a good trainer gets his hands on him, he might be a nice power forward.  Since there is no AAU ball this year, hard to tell how he will
come out of the summer, he should be the star this year at Nicolet if Kobe Johnson passes him the ball.

Thanks for the insight, brewski and BCH.