'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8340263 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 5/15/20
« Reply #26425 on: May 27, 2020, 05:38:30 PM »
Dead period extended thru July 31st

Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
·
2m
Dead period in recruiting is extended for all sports through July 31. As expected, the July evaluation period is officially cancelled.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #26426 on: May 27, 2020, 05:51:01 PM »
They're treated more like "the help" than cattle IMHO.
Just wait till the 99% of them have to get real jobs and become ......... employees or "the help".

I guess college doesn't prepare you for real life.

I get it that some college basketball players, or more like programs, generate millions for the schools but the schools have millions in expenses. Non-revenue sports are being cut for a reason.

I'd be willing to listen to an argument to cut all non-revenue sports. Not sure it would satisfy Title IX but maybe.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26427 on: May 27, 2020, 07:50:54 PM »
Verbal Commits
@VerbalCommits
·
May 27
2021 Cedarburg (WI) F/C Logan Landers has received an offer from Kansas State.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #26428 on: May 27, 2020, 08:25:20 PM »
Xavier (and Butler) have had pretty flawless transitions between coaches, which prevented mass turnover one offseason (causing a couple of classes to balance things out).  Butler had one disastrous year with Brandon Miller, who was gone after that single year (still isn't public what happened - he quit coaching altogether).  When we went from Crean to Buzz, there was little changeover, we kept winning (and got several straight classes of quality players).  From Buzz to Wojo was a solid disaster, which caused a multiple-year rebuild (which neither program has really had to go through).  Even with Steele at Xavier, he had one 19 games his first two seasons (likely more had the BET/NCAAT/NIT played out). 

Both programs were very consistent in the 2010's.  MU was, unfortunately, just very up and down.  Hopefully, the 2020s are more consistent.

This year Xavier lost to DePaul in first round of Big East tournament.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26429 on: May 28, 2020, 12:20:09 PM »
August, September, October live periods

Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
·
7s
Hearing that the NCAA will announce next week that there will be an August, a September, and an early October live period

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #26430 on: May 28, 2020, 01:08:56 PM »
See i see it correctly that football and bball players can report to campus on June 1?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26431 on: May 28, 2020, 01:19:54 PM »
See i see it correctly that football and bball players can report to campus on June 1?

Yes, and I'm curious to know how many MU players will show up. Jamal, Theo and Koby are all on campus I think. I'm sure all the guys would like to show up and bond and play pick up games etc, but..what happens with guys like DJ and the three Freshman as far as where would they stay while they are there?? If that can be worked out, I'm willing to bet all the guys are itching to get there.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #26432 on: May 28, 2020, 01:50:30 PM »
Fairly certain Theo is back in Minn rehabbing from the surgery. Though he might head down if, which I presume this is accurate, there is better rehab equipment at the AL.

Yes, and I'm curious to know how many MU players will show up. Jamal, Theo and Koby are all on campus I think. I'm sure all the guys would like to show up and bond and play pick up games etc, but..what happens with guys like DJ and the three Freshman as far as where would they stay while they are there?? If that can be worked out, I'm willing to bet all the guys are itching to get there.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26433 on: May 28, 2020, 02:15:29 PM »
Fairly certain Theo is back in Minn rehabbing from the surgery. Though he might head down if, which I presume this is accurate, there is better rehab equipment at the AL.

That makes sense, I had forgotten about his surgery. Koby and Jamal are for sure in Milwaukee though I know that

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26434 on: May 28, 2020, 02:24:55 PM »
Sports Illustrated
@SInow
·
3m
After debating a reclassification to 2020 for the past couple of weeks, forward Michael Foster has decided to remain in the 2021 class

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26435 on: May 28, 2020, 02:53:05 PM »
Not sure what this means...is he reclassing?? Going to play HS ball somewhere else for his last year??

https://twitter.com/DaRonagon/status/1266094156813721600?s=20

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #26436 on: May 28, 2020, 02:55:34 PM »
Not sure what this means...is he reclassing?? Going to play HS ball somewhere else for his last year??

https://twitter.com/DaRonagon/status/1266094156813721600?s=20

Looks that way

https://twitter.com/DaRonagon/status/1266095525503201280

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #26437 on: May 28, 2020, 03:08:19 PM »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #26438 on: May 28, 2020, 04:06:59 PM »
The fact that Woj isn't on Graham like bees ta honey, gotta tell ya somethin', aina? Da reel question iz hoo duz it sey more 'bout, hey?

Duane Wilson, Sr.?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26439 on: May 28, 2020, 06:29:13 PM »
Midwest Hoops Spotlight
@MidwestHoopsSL
·
1m
James Graham III @JamesGrahamIII2
 ('21 Nicolet HS WI & @WisconsinPGC
) has received an offer from Georgetown.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #26440 on: May 28, 2020, 11:18:50 PM »
Midwest Hoops Spotlight
@MidwestHoopsSL
·
1m
James Graham III @JamesGrahamIII2
 ('21 Nicolet HS WI & @WisconsinPGC
) has received an offer from Georgetown.

Did we offer Kostas yet?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #26441 on: May 29, 2020, 09:07:03 AM »
When I was at MU I would have traded every second of every minute of every day to be a basketball player or treated like one. The players choose to have the "sweet life" of a DI basketball player and free tuition and stipend.

Reasonable people can disagree about NCAA rules but let's not portray these athletes as poor "cattle" used for entertainment.
I basically agree with this statement.
However, I think every MUscoop  poster should have to pay the player XXX dollars when they criticizing them for not making the right play.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #26442 on: May 29, 2020, 10:46:27 AM »
Sooooooo, we just lighting 2 scholarships on fire again? 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26443 on: May 29, 2020, 11:12:18 AM »

I think a Etienne reclass is still on the table. Not saying it will happen, but I think it is being pursued
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #26444 on: May 29, 2020, 11:36:08 AM »

I can live with the current roster if I have to. But I still don't think we are done.

Even though I put Mane coming to MU at about 10 percent. It would be nice to have one for him just in case. Etienne from what I understand is still 50/50 and obviously a lot depends on his final grades this year.

Carey from Syracuse also hasn't made up his mind. We were on his list and I haven't seen him cut it so he's still a possibility.

Unbelievably as it sounds there are still players entering the portal and maybe a couple more reclassifying kids so who knows who may still become available. Especially the reclassifying kids with the NCAA eliminating the standardize test rule.

I also see a roster of 10 or 11 scholarship players moving forward once the NCAA allows for immediate transfers. It is impossible to keep 12 or 13 active players happy.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26445 on: May 29, 2020, 12:36:15 PM »
I can live with the current roster if I have to. But I still don't think we are done.

Even though I put Mane coming to MU at about 10 percent. It would be nice to have one for him just in case. Etienne from what I understand is still 50/50 and obviously a lot depends on his final grades this year.

Carey from Syracuse also hasn't made up his mind. We were on his list and I haven't seen him cut it so he's still a possibility.

Unbelievably as it sounds there are still players entering the portal and maybe a couple more reclassifying kids so who knows who may still become available. Especially the reclassifying kids with the NCAA eliminating the standardize test rule.

I also see a roster of 10 or 11 scholarship players moving forward once the NCAA allows for immediate transfers. It is impossible to keep 12 or 13 active players happy.

I think what MU MAY be waiting on, is guys to withdraw from the NBA draft and transfer..although, what that's going to look like at this point who knows?? The NCAA hasn't even set a withdrawal date yet, and by the time that is set, then the combine, THEN guys decide if they want to withdraw, then portal etc, it could be September by the time that is all settled, and I'd imagine 99% of Coaches want their roster set by that late in the game.

I also think the Etienne reclass isn't going to happen..he did a video interview not long ago, where without coming right out and saying it, he pretty much said he's not reclassing. I also don't think Carey is a possibility even remotely. Not that it means anything, but their might be grade issues with him as I happened to notice he is being followed on twitter by a TON of Juco Coaches etc.

So, like some others, I personally am not comfortable with the overall #'s right now..they have 10 guys and that's IF Carton gets a waiver(assume he will). So 10 is typically okay, but now what if someone(s) get hurt(which almost always happens) let's say at least for a stretch you're at 8 guys...not ideal. Then what IF Carton doesn't get a waiver and two guys get hurt?? Now you're at 7. 10 CAN work, but you're gambling that no one gets hurt I think.

So where does that leave MU?? Maybe a surprise reclass that we aren't aware of?? MAYBE Mane has a change of heart and withdraws and wants to come(highly doubtful IMO)...outside of that, there aren't any real options as I see it. Yesterday though, one interesting name did enter the portal that i wouldn't mind them taking a look at as a Theo back up...probably at ough get as he is from Arizona, and I could totally see him ending up with Stan at LMU But...

Grad transfer..Andre Adams from Southern Utah..6'9" 8th in the Big Sky in Offensive rating-117.8, Led in Offensive rebounding %-13.7, 8th in defensive reb %-21.2, 3rd in Blk%-6.9, 3rd in 2pt% at 65%. Would be a viable back up to Theo.

Avg 9 PPG 6.5 RPG. Started his career at Arizona St.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #26446 on: May 29, 2020, 01:21:33 PM »
So, like some others, I personally am not comfortable with the overall #'s right now..they have 10 guys and that's IF Carton gets a waiver(assume he will). So 10 is typically okay, but now what if someone(s) get hurt(which almost always happens) let's say at least for a stretch you're at 8 guys...not ideal. Then what IF Carton doesn't get a waiver and two guys get hurt?? Now you're at 7. 10 CAN work, but you're gambling that no one gets hurt I think.

or heaven forbid a mid-season transfer. We are already losing 3 of our 4 top scorers from last season & top 2 rebounders (bailey & theo tied at 5.2 for 2nd), would be catastrophic if Carton does not get a waiver. Our 9 players would be:

Koby - 9.5 ppg
Elliot/Cain/Theo - all 5.1 ppg last year
S.Torrence - 1.8 ppg
Akanno/D.Garcia/J.Lewis/Oso - never played a game

the southern utah big would be a welcomed addition. surprised wojo hasn't chased Justin Smith to fill Bailey role

has there been talk of Jose Perez trying to get a waiver? anything helps at this point

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26447 on: May 29, 2020, 01:35:59 PM »
or heaven forbid a mid-season transfer. We are already losing 3 of our 4 top scorers from last season & top 2 rebounders (bailey & theo tied at 5.2 for 2nd), would be catastrophic if Carton does not get a waiver. Our 9 players would be:

Koby - 9.5 ppg
S.Torrence - 1.8 ppg

the southern utah big would be a welcomed addition. surprised wojo hasn't chased Justin Smith to fill Bailey role

has there been talk of Jose Perez trying to get a waiver? anything helps at this point

Heard they are done for next season, unless somebody falls into there lap, working hard on 2021

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26448 on: May 29, 2020, 01:36:31 PM »

Koby - 9.5 ppg
S.Torrence - 1.8 ppg

Yes, I'm sure they will try, and you're right, IF they go that route and he is approved, then it's no so bad #'s wise, but of course, no guarantees.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26449 on: May 29, 2020, 01:37:21 PM »
Open periods being looked at:

Evan Daniels
@EvanDaniels
The current dates being targeted are August 6-9, September 4-6 and October 9-11, according to multiple sources.