[Today at 09:05:48 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8340781 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 11/15/19
« Reply #23125 on: November 20, 2019, 07:57:25 AM »
What I'm curious to know is...have this many Crystal balls for one team ever ended up being wrong?? I mean, I'd get it if there were other CB's coming in for Minny or IU etc, but they have all been unanimous...either that many people are guessing(and will end up looking bad) or...

Ewe maebea two jung ta 'member Dewey vs Truman, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #23126 on: November 20, 2019, 08:10:22 AM »
Then you know what, why don't you do everyone here a favor and quit posting?  Take your perpetual stress and comical hyperbole to the Dodds board.  What do they call it these days, a "mutual uncoupling"??

Also, kudos to you for getting "affect" and "effect" right ^^^.  Was definitely not expecting that out of you.

Stop. Why don't you go to a board where everyone agrees and has the same take as you. Maybe you will be happier.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #23127 on: November 20, 2019, 08:25:10 AM »
Guru has actually had recruiting news in this thread and I appreciate that.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #23128 on: November 20, 2019, 08:26:12 AM »
Guru has actually had recruiting news in this thread and I appreciate that.

+1

And y'all are a bunch of mean girls.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23129 on: November 20, 2019, 08:32:49 AM »
Does anybody know if CBS Sports HQ is available to stream on any iPhone apps?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #23130 on: November 20, 2019, 08:35:46 AM »
Guru, this is not a shot, just a comment and some advice from someone you don't know.  So, ignore it as you probably will. 

Your personal happiness and identity/ego seems to be excessively tied to MU basketball.  Not a shot, not a joke, work on yourself, accomplish things on your own so that MU basketball is a part of your life that you can enjoy and not stress out about if a receipt signs with MU or not.  Garcia's decision will have no signifiant impact on your life either way. It just won't or maybe it shouldn't but will because you are so "passionate" about it.  I think your passion is something else that is missing inside of you and you are trying to fill with MU basketball (and I suspect some other teams that you support). 

These type of decisions really do matter to those who's jobs and livelihoods are tied to the team, but even they I suspect have a longer view and take things in stride. Wojo might be disappointed if Garcia goes elsewhere (and he already knows where he is going I'm sure, either way) but he will pick himself up and immediately get after the next recruit and the next thing on his schedule.

Good point.

Life goes on regardless of what happens. As someone who has sold work nationally, if we win, we look inside ourselves and evaluate what went right and try to bottle it for other efforts. If we lose, we diagnose what happened and move on.

Wojo is not different. Sure, we'd like Garcia (and I still optimistic) but if things go sideways, so be it. A good recruiter, like any salesman, better get used to losing. For a lot of different reasons, many of which do not make sense.

Our team has two goals this year. First, make the NCAA and go as deep as we can. Second, bring in an outstanding recruiting class that will ensure our program is working toward being elite.

We'll see where it goes.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23131 on: November 20, 2019, 08:42:46 AM »
Good point.

Life goes on regardless of what happens. As someone who has sold work nationally, if we win, we look inside ourselves and evaluate what went right and try to bottle it for other efforts. If we lose, we diagnose what happened and move on.

Wojo is not different. Sure, we'd like Garcia (and I still optimistic) but if things go sideways, so be it. A good recruiter, like any salesman, better get used to losing. For a lot of different reasons, many of which do not make sense.

Our team has two goals this year. First, make the NCAA and go as deep as we can. Second, bring in an outstanding recruiting class that will ensure our program is working toward being elite.

We'll see where it goes.

This...all this.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #23132 on: November 20, 2019, 08:44:54 AM »
If anyone cares...the IU insider who has better info on this(or should have) than anyone else because he was the one that went to Minnesota and hung out with the Garcia's and Dawson before his visit to IU, and has stayed in constant contact with them throughout this, said he talked to the Garcia's tonight, and they told him a decision still has not been made.
Dat dudes full oh shiiit

“It was a long hard process,” Garcia told 247Sports. “I’ve thought a lot about it, but I’m happy that I’ve made my decision and I’m looking forward to the future and what it holds.”   
No Finish Line

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23133 on: November 20, 2019, 08:55:42 AM »
Good point.

We'll see where it goes.
My niece plays for Nebraska, and so I watch her games on BTN+.  They had a girl who was a big star at Nebraska about 5-10 years back (name escapes me) on a recent broadcast, and they asked her why she chose Nebraska.  She said of her four final schools she was least impressed with Nebraska, but she couldn't make up her mind and she told her parents that she would go to the school of the next coach that called her and Nebraska happened to be next.  There's no telling why 18 year olds do what they do.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #23134 on: November 20, 2019, 08:57:12 AM »
Does anybody know if CBS Sports HQ is available to stream on any iPhone apps?

It looks like it’s just part of the CBS Sports app.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23135 on: November 20, 2019, 09:03:02 AM »
It looks like it’s just part of the CBS Sports app.

Pretty sure you can get it via lap top as well...I tried yesterday on mine and the site came up fine.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #23136 on: November 20, 2019, 09:19:21 AM »
What I'm curious to know is...have this many Crystal balls for one team ever ended up being wrong?? I mean, I'd get it if there were other CB's coming in for Minny or IU etc, but they have all been unanimous...either that many people are guessing(and will end up looking bad) or...

Wasn’t Tillman pretty heavy on the Marquette Crystal Balls when he announced? Or did they change to MSU shortly prior to the announcement?

Looney was another one that I don’t know if anyone picked UCLA.

The Crystal Ball isn’t anything definitive, but I’d still rather be the school people are choosing, even if it’s a hunch.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #23137 on: November 20, 2019, 09:23:56 AM »
From what's left on his 247 profile, looks like Tillman had more predictions towards MSU, but Marquette was the second.

Regarding Looney (again what's left on his page) it does not appear that anyone predicted UCLA and many guessed he was heading to Coach K.

Wasn’t Tillman pretty heavy on the Marquette Crystal Balls when he announced? Or did they change to MSU shortly prior to the announcement?

The Crystal Ball isn’t anything definitive, but I’d still rather be the school people are choosing, even if it’s a hunch.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #23138 on: November 20, 2019, 09:24:37 AM »
I'm comfortable relaxing in the bunker.

Come on in, we got plenty of room.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #23139 on: November 20, 2019, 09:31:24 AM »
Pretty sure you can get it via lap top as well...I tried yesterday on mine and the site came up fine.

Yup.

https://www.cbssports.com/cbs-sports-hq/

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #23140 on: November 20, 2019, 09:31:41 AM »
Today is the day boys.

One last time - expect good news. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #23141 on: November 20, 2019, 09:33:53 AM »
Thanks real chili, it's very comfortable in here!  ;D

I'm comfortable relaxing in the bunker.

Come on in, we got plenty of room.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23142 on: November 20, 2019, 09:34:50 AM »

One of the MSU insiders picked Tillman to Marquette that morning and a couple others followed suit.

Looney's was all over the place. People thought it was Duke until the last round of in-home visits. Consensus seemed to be shifting to Florida, but apparently UCLA had more to offer.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #23143 on: November 20, 2019, 09:36:33 AM »

This is exactly right. We prognosticate on recruits all the time, so it can be fun to see "experts" back up what we want to hear. It obviously doesn't mean a thing if the kid doesn't sign, and people get too worked up about it either way, but I still like to see picks in our favor. 

#marketingtool
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23144 on: November 20, 2019, 09:40:35 AM »
The most hopeful sign we have thus far is Mark Miller hasn't changed his...yet...and i hope he never does.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #23145 on: November 20, 2019, 09:41:03 AM »
One of the MSU insiders picked Tillman to Marquette that morning and a couple others followed suit.

Yup.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #23146 on: November 20, 2019, 09:48:38 AM »
Stop. Why don't you go to a board where everyone agrees and has the same take as you. Maybe you will be happier.

Last I'll ever address guru here, but my comment was simply in response to "And I couldn't care less about what a bunch of idiots on this message board think about it...am I clear??".  No doubt a potshot, but only brought on by incessant childish ranting.

Excited for Dawson's announcement today.  If it turns out MUBB, then you'd imagine the staff will do a Joey Hauser/Quentin Grimes/Nico Mannion full-court press on Karim Mane: convincing him that with the keys to the offense and a ton of surrounding talent at all positions, he can shoot up draft boards into the lottery.  In my fandom of MUBB, we have never had a player like Karim Mane.

Otherwise, my guess is Wojo would take a couple fliers on late bloomers (Sacar) or projects (Akanno, Ike) and bank 1/2 for mid and postseason transfers.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23147 on: November 20, 2019, 09:49:50 AM »

If I recall Doc was saying UCLA for quite some time, or hinting at it for Looney.  He can correct me if I misremember.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Shark

• All American
« Reply #23148 on: November 20, 2019, 09:52:10 AM »
Evan Flood just Crystal Balled MU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23149 on: November 20, 2019, 10:02:47 AM »
Based on what i just saw/read...take a deep breath everyone...of course nothing is official but... :)

feedback