[Today at 03:29:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337883 times)

94Warrior

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 11/15/19
« Reply #23100 on: November 19, 2019, 10:09:31 PM »
Do you really think DG set a public “decision” date and time......but he hasn’t made a decision yet?
Clock is ticking....he may want to figure that out sooner than later.

This is how it works 99.9% of the time:
1.  Decision is made.
2.  Date and time of announcement is set.
3.  Announcement is made.

Anybody who claims otherwise, is just blowing smoke.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #23101 on: November 19, 2019, 10:10:52 PM »
If anyone cares...the IU insider who has better info on this(or should have) than anyone else because he was the one that went to Minnesota and hung out with the Garcia's and Dawson before his visit to IU, and has stayed in constant contact with them throughout this, said he talked to the Garcia's tonight, and they told him a decision still has not been made.

An athlete is looking forward to making a live announcement of his decision.

Do you think he is going to tell a random insider the truth, knowing full well he has/was posting anything you told them (if indeed anything the insider said is true). Of course not. He would leak it immediately.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #23102 on: November 19, 2019, 10:11:28 PM »
I just....wow...there are no words for....this...

https://twitter.com/HoosierHystrcs/status/1196731475837612032?s=20

These guys should be on a pre-crime list like Minority Report

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #23103 on: November 19, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
I can't figure out why the lead expert for Badger 247 isn't willing to predict that 7 months after Joey's transfer, another top rated stretch four is commiting to Marquette.  Truly puzzling.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #23104 on: November 19, 2019, 10:15:21 PM »
Rumor is that penny’s leaked some info about Dawson telling them he’s going to Marquette...not sure if it’s true just heard it

Did Penny take $$$ for that tip?

onepost

• All American
« Reply #23105 on: November 19, 2019, 10:17:33 PM »
That's exactly what i said, that they may be just not telling him...but apparently he didn't call them, THEY called him to tell him no decision has been made yet. IF that's true, then honestly I feel bad for Dawson and the Garcia's because if things haven't become crystal clear by now after seeing all the campuses, listening to the coaches pitches(several times) and going through this incredibly lengthy process, it's the evening before your announcement and you still don't know?? That makes me concerned that no matter what choice he makes, he's more likely to make the wrong one for him. How could no one have clearly separated themselves by now??

He knows exactly what his decision is: Marquette or otherwise.
It's hard for you, but don't be that naive.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #23106 on: November 19, 2019, 10:21:00 PM »
You know what?? Screw YOU! I'm so f'n tired of people taking shots at me all the time, and "ripping" on me because I'm a passionate fan..Who cares what i like or don't like?? It doesn't affect anyone one damn iota. Not a single bit. No one knows me, and I don't know them personally. It has no effect on your life. NONE. I don't give two sh*ts what anyone else is "passionate" about..it's THEIR life, and you know what?? It doesn't affect my life in any way, shape or form.

Are you that F'n small, and that much of a douche bag that you have nothing better to do than wait until I post and make some a$$hole comment?? It's not just you, it's lots of people here. IDGAF what any of you think is "right" or not right as far as what someone should be passionate about.

I can't post anything without someone finding some reason to rip it..That's the mentality here though....find someone who you disagree with and rip rip rip..what a bunch of small minded a$$holes that infiltrate this board. Yes, I'm f'n stressed out, I will be until after the announcement tomorrow, so LEAVE ME ALONE. And I couldn't care less about what a bunch of idiots on this message board  think about it...am I clear??

Then you know what, why don't you do everyone here a favor and quit posting?  Take your perpetual stress and comical hyperbole to the Dodds board.  What do they call it these days, a "mutual uncoupling"??

Also, kudos to you for getting "affect" and "effect" right ^^^.  Was definitely not expecting that out of you.

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #23107 on: November 19, 2019, 10:26:24 PM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #23108 on: November 19, 2019, 10:27:23 PM »
Some of Dawson's thought process on Minnesota. Pretty much the same as in the Rivals. Wants to be the Home Town Hero.

http://www.startribune.com/five-star-prior-lake-senior-dawson-garcia-visits-indiana-this-weekend-decision-coming-soon-after/563865392/

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #23109 on: November 19, 2019, 10:29:34 PM »
Just shut up already, that article is from 10/25, no one cares.

Some of Dawson's thought process on Minnesota. Pretty much the same as in the Rivals. Wants to be the Home Town Hero.

http://www.startribune.com/five-star-prior-lake-senior-dawson-garcia-visits-indiana-this-weekend-decision-coming-soon-after/563865392/

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #23110 on: November 19, 2019, 10:29:54 PM »
Time to decode a Stan tweet:

@MUCoachJohnson: Fickle people are a constant in this world. Just remember their opinions are not facts. Stop worrying about what others think. Be willing to walk alone. Many who started with you won’t finish with you. When you do not seek or need their approval, you are at your most powerful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #23111 on: November 19, 2019, 10:30:46 PM »
Just shut up already, that article is from 10/25, no one cares.

It's not an article.  It's a research report.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23112 on: November 19, 2019, 10:33:17 PM »
He knows exactly what his decision is: Marquette or otherwise.
It's hard for you, but don't be that naive.

Hey...don't bag on me...I get a lot of sh*t here, but I have also contributed a lot of recruiting links etc. In this case, I am just passing along what he's saying. I didn't make it up..I just won't bring this stuff here anymore.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23113 on: November 19, 2019, 10:40:19 PM »

You posted this last week, too
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #23114 on: November 19, 2019, 11:04:03 PM »
If anyone cares...the IU insider who has better info on this(or should have) than anyone else because he was the one that went to Minnesota and hung out with the Garcia's and Dawson before his visit to IU, and has stayed in constant contact with them throughout this, said he talked to the Garcia's tonight, and they told him a decision still has not been made.

In the article on 247 that stated Garcia would announce tomorrow they directly quote him as saying he made a decision. I am going to take that publication over a stalker from IU
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #23115 on: November 19, 2019, 11:20:04 PM »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #23116 on: November 20, 2019, 06:30:00 AM »
Chris Fisher (247 Kentucky) makes it 8 Crystal Ball for Marquette for Garcia. Michael Langston (FSU Rivals) makes it 3 Future Cast fir Marquette as well.

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #23117 on: November 20, 2019, 07:02:37 AM »
Chris Fisher (247 Kentucky) makes it 8 Crystal Ball for Marquette for Garcia. Michael Langston (FSU Rivals) makes it 3 Future Cast fir Marquette as well.

So....2 guys who are just guessing.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23118 on: November 20, 2019, 07:06:15 AM »
So....2 guys who are just guessing.

What I'm curious to know is...have this many Crystal balls for one team ever ended up being wrong?? I mean, I'd get it if there were other CB's coming in for Minny or IU etc, but they have all been unanimous...either that many people are guessing(and will end up looking bad) or...

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #23119 on: November 20, 2019, 07:22:32 AM »
You know what?? Screw YOU! I'm so f'n tired of people taking shots at me all the time, and "ripping" on me because I'm a passionate fan..Who cares what i like or don't like?? It doesn't affect anyone one damn iota. Not a single bit. No one knows me, and I don't know them personally. It has no effect on your life. NONE. I don't give two sh*ts what anyone else is "passionate" about..it's THEIR life, and you know what?? It doesn't affect my life in any way, shape or form.

Are you that F'n small, and that much of a douche bag that you have nothing better to do than wait until I post and make some a$$hole comment?? It's not just you, it's lots of people here. IDGAF what any of you think is "right" or not right as far as what someone should be passionate about.

I can't post anything without someone finding some reason to rip it..That's the mentality here though....find someone who you disagree with and rip rip rip..what a bunch of small minded a$$holes that infiltrate this board. Yes, I'm f'n stressed out, I will be until after the announcement tomorrow, so LEAVE ME ALONE. And I couldn't care less about what a bunch of idiots on this message board  think about it...am I clear??

I mean you’re the guy who tells us not to make jokes in the recruiting thread.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23120 on: November 20, 2019, 07:45:03 AM »

I mean you’re the guy who tells us not to make jokes in the recruiting thread.

Not today...ok?? That's all I'm asking...after today..fine.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23121 on: November 20, 2019, 07:47:36 AM »
You be you, guru.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23122 on: November 20, 2019, 07:49:17 AM »
You be you, guru.

I always am..that's the beauty of being me :)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #23123 on: November 20, 2019, 07:52:41 AM »
Then you know what, why don't you do everyone here a favor and quit posting?  Take your perpetual stress and comical hyperbole to the Dodds board.  What do they call it these days, a "mutual uncoupling"??

Also, kudos to you for getting "affect" and "effect" right ^^^.  Was definitely not expecting that out of you.

Guru is fine. Don’t encourage people to leave.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GOO

• All American
« Reply #23124 on: November 20, 2019, 07:55:21 AM »
Not today...ok?? That's all I'm asking...after today..fine.
Guru, this is not a shot, just a comment and some advice from someone you don't know.  So, ignore it as you probably will. 

Your personal happiness and identity/ego seems to be excessively tied to MU basketball.  Not a shot, not a joke, work on yourself, accomplish things on your own so that MU basketball is a part of your life that you can enjoy and not stress out about if a receipt signs with MU or not.  Garcia's decision will have no signifiant impact on your life either way. It just won't or maybe it shouldn't but will because you are so "passionate" about it.  I think your passion is something else that is missing inside of you and you are trying to fill with MU basketball (and I suspect some other teams that you support). 

These type of decisions really do matter to those who's jobs and livelihoods are tied to the team, but even they I suspect have a longer view and take things in stride. Wojo might be disappointed if Garcia goes elsewhere (and he already knows where he is going I'm sure, either way) but he will pick himself up and immediately get after the next recruit and the next thing on his schedule. 

feedback