[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337072 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/19
« Reply #20600 on: September 19, 2019, 03:14:43 PM »
Does anyone personally know Big Daddy and can convince him to come back?

He still lurks, guessing he'll post when he wants to.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #20601 on: September 19, 2019, 03:42:01 PM »

Glady to hear, Thanks.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #20602 on: September 19, 2019, 03:59:44 PM »

Wish he would start considering it. He made the recruiting threads (and others) a lot more interesting. Instead people are left with idiots like me trying to read the Twitters to get any breadcrumb.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #20603 on: September 19, 2019, 04:01:22 PM »
Transferred to Houston. BD said he'd reveal after Q was out of college
I’m aware lol

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #20604 on: September 19, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »
Does anyone know why madness is only for students this year?? and any recruits that will be attending?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #20605 on: September 19, 2019, 10:17:38 PM »
Does anyone know why madness is only for students this year?? and any recruits that will be attending?

Recruit list would be nice. Hopefully dawson, suggs, rj, hoggard?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #20606 on: September 20, 2019, 07:22:26 AM »

MU went to 'students only' last year or the year prior.  Alums now have access to 'open practice' on Saturday morning as part of Reunion/Homecoming.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #20607 on: September 20, 2019, 07:29:53 AM »

I doubt we will see people who just took official visits here so that would rule out Hoggard and Davis. And I’m not sure where we are with Suggs.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #20608 on: September 20, 2019, 07:32:18 AM »
I doubt we will see people who just took official visits here so that would rule out Hoggard and Davis. And I’m not sure where we are with Suggs.

Suggs is 100% not coming
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #20609 on: September 20, 2019, 11:03:36 AM »
Jabari Parker.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 01:12:12 PM by We R Final Four »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20610 on: September 20, 2019, 12:01:07 PM »
Suggs is 100% not coming

I don't think he's coming here regardless, but he is 100% not coming to Madness as he starts a campus visit to Gonzaga on October 4.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #20611 on: September 20, 2019, 01:50:54 PM »
Former MU target Coleman Hawkins will make his college decision this Saturday, 1pm local time, 3pm Central, 4pm Eastern.

Also, with regards to the MU recruitment of RJ Davis, fellow guard and former MU target Caleb Love is on his visit this weekend at North Carolina. (He is likely to eventually make his choice between Louisville, (next weekend) Mizzou (two weeks ago visit) and UNC. (He does have a KU visit in mid October.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 01:55:28 PM by shoothoops »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20612 on: September 20, 2019, 09:01:46 PM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #20613 on: September 20, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »
This late in the cycle if you haven't visited or set up a visit an old offer doesn't really mean anything.

Let us know when he sets up a visit.......until then it's safe to assume he isn't a target.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20614 on: September 21, 2019, 10:46:14 AM »
My sources say Wojo did a nice job at the Stepinac Coaches Clinic yesterday . Time well spent in pursuit of RJ, but also there is a Lot of talent in our leagues out here and making and renewing those coaching connections is always a plus especially in this new June July recruiting paradigm.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #20615 on: September 21, 2019, 11:01:18 AM »
My sources say Wojo did a nice job at the Stepinac Coaches Clinic yesterday . Time well spent in pursuit of RJ, but also there is a Lot of talent in our leagues out here and making and renewing those coaching connections is always a plus especially in this new June July recruiting paradigm.

Awesome to hear. RJ is definitely priority number one with Dawson 1B at worst. Excited for the visit next weekend.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #20616 on: September 21, 2019, 11:45:00 AM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20617 on: September 21, 2019, 11:53:24 AM »
Bossi with some thoughts on Davis and Hoggard

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rivals-roundtable-valuable-pgs-big-visits-commitment-watch

FWIW, Evans had the comments on Hoggard. I agree that Davis likely comes down to us and Pitt. I still think if he gets here next week, we move into pole position. Really interesting to hear things may be changing with Hoggard and MSU. I think they only have one scholarship available at the moment, and they are favorites per CB to land Isaiah Jackson (though tough competition for him). Wonder if his comments are because of something at MSU or if it might be an indicator of a good visit here.

Either way, I'd happily take both Davis and Hoggard. That would still leave room for Garcia and a potentially spectacular 5 man class with one to spare.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #20618 on: September 21, 2019, 12:15:44 PM »

Much appreciated. Seems like Wojo and MU are making inroads on both coasts lately.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #20619 on: September 21, 2019, 02:01:00 PM »
Bossi with some thoughts on Davis and Hoggard

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rivals-roundtable-valuable-pgs-big-visits-commitment-watch

Good stuff.

At this time, it looks like Marquette isn't that strong with Javonte Brown (aka Javonte Brown-Ferguson).  TAMU and Kansas look like the favorites.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #20620 on: September 21, 2019, 03:04:04 PM »
Closing the book on Coleman Hawkins, he committed to Illinois today.

Also a reminder MU is visiting Karim Mane tomorrow.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #20621 on: September 21, 2019, 03:48:15 PM »
Man......if you get Garcia, Davis, Hoggard to join Lewis and Ighodaro.
That's a program-changing class.

Let's hope we don't hear anything from Davis Monday-Wednesday and maybe even sneak a Hoggard commit in the next couple weeks.

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #20622 on: September 21, 2019, 06:39:21 PM »
AJ Hoggard reminds me of Myles Powell and like Myles did after high school he too could benefit from losing ten pounds and transforming his body some to pick up some quickness and explosiveness to compete at the high major level.  At the high school level he uses his bulk to create separation and then draws contact to still get shots off in the paint.  He looks to have the scorer's mentality who can hit open shots but can also create his own shot off the dribble and even from the post.  While he can play the point he doesn't look like a creator and is more of a scoring 1 or 2. 

I would definitely be glad to have him or RJ Davis.  Although AJ has a Big East ready body my gut tells me RJ Davis would be a slightly better fit for us.  I say this is I like RJ's character a lot in that loyalty matters to him (not a knock against AJ as I don't know much about him).  RJ reminds me of an undersized guard with great outside shooting and quickness, much like Allen Iverson or of course Marcus Howard.  I think Symir could play comfortably with either one of them as Symir is a classic point guard who looks to set up everyone else up first while also having the ability to shoot and create his own shot. 

Unlike Crean who recruited 7 to 8 stars and 5 scrubs, Wojo seems to focus on recruiting 12 to 13 players who can all play and then lets the survival of the fittest to play out with 1 to 2 transfers every year.  So the downside of recruiting a team full of top 100 to 150 caliber players is only 5 to 8 will get regular playing time and not all will handle it as well as Sacar Anim or Jamal Cain did at points in their career.  Further when a player off the map like Dexter Akano shows up with has no accolades but then dazzles everyone with his athletic ability, combined with his ability to shoot from the outside then the pro forma of playing time for everyone blows up.

Alternatively Buzz did the same thing however he always had a healthy dose of Juco's who were used to fighting for everything all the time as none of them were ever on some high school top 250 list.

All things equal I agree that you recruit the best players you can get each cycle as recruiting isn't an exact science and let cream rise to the top. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNUsVp2L2Dw

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #20623 on: September 21, 2019, 10:15:04 PM »
AJ Hoggard reminds me of Myles Powell and like Myles did after high school he too could benefit from losing ten pounds and transforming his body some to pick up some quickness and explosiveness to compete at the high major level.  At the high school level he uses his bulk to create separation and then draws contact to still get shots off in the paint.  He looks to have the scorer's mentality who can hit open shots but can also create his own shot off the dribble and even from the post.  While he can play the point he doesn't look like a creator and is more of a scoring 1 or 2. 

I would definitely be glad to have him or RJ Davis.  Although AJ has a Big East ready body my gut tells me RJ Davis would be a slightly better fit for us.  I say this is I like RJ's character a lot in that loyalty matters to him (not a knock against AJ as I don't know much about him).  RJ reminds me of an undersized guard with great outside shooting and quickness, much like Allen Iverson or of course Marcus Howard.  I think Symir could play comfortably with either one of them as Symir is a classic point guard who looks to set up everyone else up first while also having the ability to shoot and create his own shot. 

Unlike Crean who recruited 7 to 8 stars and 5 scrubs, Wojo seems to focus on recruiting 12 to 13 players who can all play and then lets the survival of the fittest to play out with 1 to 2 transfers every year.  So the downside of recruiting a team full of top 100 to 150 caliber players is only 5 to 8 will get regular playing time and not all will handle it as well as Sacar Anim or Jamal Cain did at points in their career.  Further when a player off the map like Dexter Akano shows up with has no accolades but then dazzles everyone with his athletic ability, combined with his ability to shoot from the outside then the pro forma of playing time for everyone blows up.

Alternatively Buzz did the same thing however he always had a healthy dose of Juco's who were used to fighting for everything all the time as none of them were ever on some high school top 250 list.

All things equal I agree that you recruit the best players you can get each cycle as recruiting isn't an exact science and let cream rise to the top. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNUsVp2L2Dw

Yes, everything you just said. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #20624 on: September 21, 2019, 10:59:26 PM »
Yes, everything you just said.

Kid can score, that's for sure.

feedback