[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 03:40:45 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337920 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/19
« Reply #18825 on: July 11, 2019, 01:22:03 PM »
Herman, Wojo has to close the deal on any stars, if he can not get a 4 or 5 star recruit to MU then for him it might be over.  4 and 5 star kids have
come to MU in the past, no reason it can not come now.  I remember in the early Al years, I was looking at a college, there was nothing there to
impress me.  Now, take a kid to the Fiserv Forum, the Al, new dorms, and the improved Milwaukee scene downtown, Wojo has more to sell than
ever.  Oh ha, 4 year kids graduate.

Henry Ellenson was a 5 star, top 10-15 rated prospect.
Joey Hauser was a 4 star
Markus Howard, Symir Torrence and Brendan Bailey are all top 100 guys. 

Wojo's recruiting hasn't been a problem.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #18826 on: July 11, 2019, 01:23:23 PM »
Maybe every 100 pages!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18827 on: July 11, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »
Herman, Wojo has to close the deal on any stars, if he can not get a 4 or 5 star recruit to MU then for him it might be over.  4 and 5 star kids have
come to MU in the past, no reason it can not come now.  I remember in the early Al years, I was looking at a college, there was nothing there to
impress me.  Now, take a kid to the Fiserv Forum, the Al, new dorms, and the improved Milwaukee scene downtown, Wojo has more to sell than
ever.  Oh ha, 4 year kids graduate.
RJ Davis is a tremendous young prospect. We got in early enough to get a decent visit but now he is blowing up big time.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/07/11/r-j-davis-goes-off-at-peach-jam-with-slew-of-coaches-watching-talks-recruiting/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18828 on: July 11, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »

Joey Hauser was a 4 star

All in the perception...has it been a problem?? No, not a problem. Has it been good enough however?? I think the results under his tenure tell that story. The answer would be no, it hasn't been good enough. Not bad, not awful. It's been good/ok, but HAS to be better. He'd probably tell you that himself.

Heck Stan just said in an interview a week or so ago, that closing on kids is what matters. Amen.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18829 on: July 11, 2019, 02:38:37 PM »

Joey Hauser was a 4 star

So was Sam and Sandy. Jayce and Morrow were also former top 100
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18830 on: July 11, 2019, 02:40:15 PM »
All in the perception...has it been a problem?? No, not a problem. Has it been good enough however?? I think the results under his tenure tell that story. The answer would be no, it hasn't been good enough. Not bad, not awful. It's been good/ok, but HAS to be better. He'd probably tell you that himself.

Heck Stan just said in an interview a week or so ago, that closing on kids is what matters. Amen.

It's been better than Buzz's and Creans at this stage. I think he hasn't been recruiting players that fit him but that's a different story.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18831 on: July 11, 2019, 02:43:46 PM »
It's been better than Buzz's and Creans at this stage. I think he hasn't been recruiting players that fit him but that's a different story.

I'm not sure you can say that..By year 5, they both had won conference championships, and had a final four(Crean) and Elite8's(Crean and Buzz) on their resumes. Crean had the Amigos, and you must not be giving Buzz credit for his jucos?? With that kind of success, their recruiting for the most part had to have been pretty good for the most part, right??

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18832 on: July 11, 2019, 02:51:32 PM »
I'm not sure you can say that..By year 5, they both had won conference championships, and had a final four(Crean) and Elite8's(Crean and Buzz) on their resumes. Crean had the Amigos, and you must not be giving Buzz credit for his jucos?? With that kind of success, their recruiting for the most part had to have been pretty good for the most part, right??

I amend my statement to say on paper it's been better. The amigos were not ranked anywhere that fancy. Buzz's hits were not his highly touted players except Vander. Jr was average, Williams was a joke, Maymon left. Jones was crap, Taylor was meh and same with Anderson.

Wojos highly touted recruits have been Sandy who was meh, Henry was great but here briefly, Haanif was good his frosh but left, Howard Sam great and Bailey but he didn't show for two years after, imagine if he were currently as experienced as those two. We'd be talking about the next coming of the amigos. The issue isn't recruiting it's keeping people around.

While it's less, I'd pick Wojos highly touted players against Buzz's any day.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #18833 on: July 11, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
I amend my statement to say on paper it's been better. The amigos were not ranked anywhere that fancy. Buzz's hits were not his highly touted players except Vander. Jr was average, Williams was a joke, Maymon left. Jones was crap, Taylor was meh and same with Anderson.

Wojos highly touted recruits have been Sandy who was meh, Henry was great but here briefly, Haanif was good his frosh but left, Howard Sam great and Bailey but he didn't show for two years after, imagine if he were currently as experienced as those two. We'd be talking about the next coming of the amigos. The issue isn't recruiting it's keeping people around.

While it's less, I'd pick Wojos highly touted players against Buzz's any day.

All three of the Amigos were top 100 recruits, Jerel being the lowest ranked.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18834 on: July 11, 2019, 05:58:01 PM »
All three of the Amigos were top 100 recruits, Jerel being the lowest ranked.

I get they were all top 100 but Guru said "crean had the amigos" as if they were high enough to warrant carrying Crean's recruiting. It's been awhile since I looked it up but I believe the classes of EWil, Jr and Maymon or JJJ, DuWil, and Deonte was rated higher and possibly even the class of Markus, Sam and Bailey.

Point is the amigos were all top 100 but none of them were ranked in the realm of recruits we don't usually get.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18835 on: July 11, 2019, 06:04:33 PM »
Interesting that neither Zaire or Alex have bothered to show up for their teams last evaluation events. Zaire is busy promoting his apparel business and Alex is busy going to ESPY award with Giannis. Life must be pretty good for both or they have both decided to go to DePaul together.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18836 on: July 11, 2019, 06:36:09 PM »
Interesting that neither Zaire or Alex have bothered to show up for their teams last evaluation events. Zaire is busy promoting his apparel business and Alex is busy going to ESPY award with Giannis. Life must be pretty good for both or they have both decided to go to DePaul together.

Prolly have given silent verbals, hey
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #18837 on: July 11, 2019, 07:56:49 PM »

As Buzz said: When u grow up hungry ur never full and when u grow up full ur never hungry.  Why Al didnt recruit kids with grass in their front yards
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18838 on: July 11, 2019, 09:02:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/MatthewBain_/status/1149493592211128320

Matthew Bain
‏Verified account @MatthewBain_

Talked with high-level Cyclones target Dudley Blackwell (@1kdudd) for a while. He smiled ear-to-ear when discussing James Kane and said Iowa State, Ohio State, Marquette and Florida State are most on his radar right now. He wants to visit Ames after July.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18839 on: July 11, 2019, 09:04:04 PM »
Samad Hines
‏ @Samad_Hines

Michigan HC Juwan Howard, Texas A&M HC Buzz Williams, and coaches from Maryland, UCLA, NC State, G’Town, Marquette, Oregon, Cal, Boston College, and others courtside for 2021 W JT Thor and 2020 F Henry Coleman @GauntletSeries.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #18840 on: July 12, 2019, 10:23:38 AM »
Adam Finkelstein‏

Started the day off site at PIT. Justin Lewis put on a show to start. Steve Wojciechowski again front and center.

Justin Lewis one of Wojo's priority recruits.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #18841 on: July 12, 2019, 02:54:25 PM »

Not interesting at all.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #18842 on: July 12, 2019, 02:57:50 PM »

Not interesting relevant at all.

FTFY

TedBaxter

• All American

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #18844 on: July 12, 2019, 05:35:44 PM »
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

TedBaxter

• All American

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #18846 on: July 12, 2019, 05:41:36 PM »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

TedBaxter

• All American

TedBaxter

• All American

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #18849 on: July 12, 2019, 05:51:55 PM »
Jamari Sibley notes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/1695598001

Like this kid quite a bit

He has struggled a bit at the Peach Jam with his production lagging.  Phenom is in danger of being eliminated from the tournament in the next hour.  If Boo Williams wins their game going on right now, there's a chance Phenom is eliminated in Pool play.  Amazing considering the amount of talent on that team.

Desmond Polk is also struggling with Meanstreats.