[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8338068 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/19
« Reply #18450 on: June 26, 2019, 08:02:02 AM »
When Wojo can take a kid ranked as low as a Jarrett Culver was, and show he can develop him the way Beard did, let me know.

Jarrett Culver doesn't prove Chris Beard can turn mediocre talent into an NBA player. He proves that the rankings which you worship as Gospel are tremendously flawed.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #18451 on: June 26, 2019, 08:29:05 AM »
No. Absolutely not. Hell no. You don't get to applaud that line of thinking when you are the same person begging for those types of players:

This is where your schtick is revealed as bulls#it. You go with the whiny "why can't Wojo find a diamond in the rough, we need one of those" bitchfests to "how dare they recruit under the radar kids?" You want to know why people give you grief? Because you're a complete hypocrite who can't handle the slightest bit of adversity.

If any recruit isn't the greatest, they aren't good enough. Had we had Ja Morant, you would've been complaining that he wasn't Dwyane Wade. And had Scoop been around for Wade, I'm sure you'd be complaining that he wasn't Michael Jordan. You can't have it both ways.
Nailed it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #18452 on: June 26, 2019, 08:36:23 AM »
No. Absolutely not. Hell no. You don't get to applaud that line of thinking when you are the same person begging for those types of players:

This is where your schtick is revealed as bulls#it. You go with the whiny "why can't Wojo find a diamond in the rough, we need one of those" bitchfests to "how dare they recruit under the radar kids?" You want to know why people give you grief? Because you're a complete hypocrite who can't handle the slightest bit of adversity.

If any recruit isn't the greatest, they aren't good enough. Had we had Ja Morant, you would've been complaining that he wasn't Dwyane Wade. And had Scoop been around for Wade, I'm sure you'd be complaining that he wasn't Michael Jordan. You can't have it both ways.

Perfect

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18453 on: June 26, 2019, 08:36:51 AM »

Ding ding ding.  Winner winner.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18454 on: June 26, 2019, 08:38:05 AM »
Thank you for pointing that out Brew.  Very circular in his logic.

You are being kind that he uses any logic at all.  The only thing circular is the firing squad he unleashes with his posts that shoot at him with his conflicting “logic”
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18455 on: June 26, 2019, 08:53:05 AM »

I can think absolutely any way I want...Thank you very much. You have NO idea what i want, think, hope for etc. Do NOT EVER tell me what I can and can't do...are we clear Brew?? Thank You.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18456 on: June 26, 2019, 08:54:19 AM »
Perfect

You are probably giddy about the kid they just offered...he's the type your boys from DePaul would offer.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #18457 on: June 26, 2019, 08:56:41 AM »
Guru-

Agbo has now been offered by both Marquette and Texas Tech.   What are your thoughts?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18458 on: June 26, 2019, 09:10:57 AM »
Jarrett Culver doesn't prove Chris Beard can turn mediocre talent into an NBA player. He proves that the rankings which you worship as Gospel are tremendously flawed.

This is priceless, had Culver come to MU and did the exact same thing, you'd be slobbering all over Wojo(more than you do now), about how he developed him. Guaranteed. But whatever fits your argument at the time, right??

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18459 on: June 26, 2019, 09:37:00 AM »

Endless Motor Sports
@endless_motor

2020 EM 4️⃣⭐️ Jalen Bridges will take an official visit to Marquette the weekend of 8/2. 6’7 wing has the look of a Day 1 contributor at the next level with a tremendous stroke from distance, undervalued vision, a college ready frame & versatility on defense.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #18460 on: June 26, 2019, 09:38:32 AM »
OMG!!! You've actually figured out that "a" and "the" mean different things!!! Congrats. Once you fully grasp articles, we'll move on to nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs. It's clear your Asian oppressors have sent you to re-education camps but we can get you back to English as your first language if you're patient.

Gold

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18461 on: June 26, 2019, 09:39:33 AM »
Another offer for Agbo:
"Thankful to have received an offer from Texas Tech!!"

Guru must be experiencing an existential crisis.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18462 on: June 26, 2019, 09:44:19 AM »
This is priceless, had Culver come to MU and did the exact same thing, you'd be slobbering all over Wojo(more than you do now), about how he developed him. Guaranteed. But whatever fits your argument at the time, right??

Beard deserves credit for both finding a recruiting gem (a player who was overlooked by the rankings) and developing him as well. It's not one or the other.

That being said, I'm curious how Culver will do in the NBA. Beard has now sent 6'5" 195 lb combo guards to the NBA lottery two years in a row. It's possible he has a real nose for finding undervalued talent but I wonder if it's possible that he has a system that features guards like that, possibly inflating their stats. Zhaire Smith was injured most of his rookie season so I'll be interested in seeing how he does as well.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18463 on: June 26, 2019, 09:48:58 AM »
Another offer for Agbo:
"Thankful to have received an offer from Texas Tech!!"

I don't follow the AAU scene closely, but this seems like one of those situations where a player had a big showing at an event. His three best offers (Marquette, San Diego State, and Texas Tech) have all come in the last few days. He also recently checked out Stanford on an unofficial. Could be his stock is rising soon.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18464 on: June 26, 2019, 09:49:26 AM »
I can think absolutely any way I want...Thank you very much. You have NO idea what i want, think, hope for etc. Do NOT EVER tell me what I can and can't do...are we clear Brew?? Thank You.

Yes, we're perfectly clear. When you say you want something, you really want the opposite. So when you say I shouldn't tell you what to think, in your innate hypocrisy, you're asking for guidance. I'm all too happy to provide it. 👍🏼
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18465 on: June 26, 2019, 09:49:50 AM »
Beard deserves credit for both finding a recruiting gem (a player who was overlooked by the rankings) and developing him as well. It's not one or the other.

That being said, I'm curious how Culver will do in the NBA. Beard has now sent 6'5" 195 lb combo guards to the NBA lottery two years in a row. It's possible he has a real nose for finding undervalued talent but I wonder if it's possible that he has a system that features guards like that, possibly inflating their stats. Zhaire Smith was injured most of his rookie season so I'll be interested in seeing how he does as well.

Thank You

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18466 on: June 26, 2019, 10:02:05 AM »
Yes, we're perfectly clear. When you say you want something, you really want the opposite. So when you say I shouldn't tell you what to think, in your innate hypocrisy, you're asking for guidance. I'm all too happy to provide it. 👍🏼

You would be one of the last people I would seek guidance from. No offense. However, at least i keep it real. I'm not a phony like a vast majority of posters here are(including you). There is ZERO chance that posters here really believe half the stuff the post. It's a message board "persona". There is zero chance that people, especially the slurpers and the "everything is seashells and balloons" type, really and truly believe a majority of stuff they post and I'd bet at least to an extent their thoughts and things hey have said in private are much different then here. But because I post something they feel like they have to "pounce" even though privately they feel the same to an extent.

If not, then i really a truly feel sorry for a lot of my fellow posters. it makes me sad, truly.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #18467 on: June 26, 2019, 10:04:06 AM »

You tell us every day, multiple times how you think, want and hope. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #18468 on: June 26, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »
Guru what do u do for a living??
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #18469 on: June 26, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »
You would be one of the last people I would seek guidance from. No offense. However, at least i keep it real. I'm not a phony like a vast majority of posters here are(including you). There is ZERO chance that posters here really believe half the stuff the post. It's a message board "persona". There is zero chance that people, especially the slurpers and the "everything is seashells and balloons" type, really and truly believe a majority of stuff they post and I'd bet at least to an extent their thoughts and things hey have said in private are much different then here. But because I post something they feel like they have to "pounce" even though privately they feel the same to an extent.

If not, then i really a truly feel sorry for a lot of my fellow posters. it makes me sad, truly.

Your opinions count but everyone else's aren't legitimate and phony?   
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #18470 on: June 26, 2019, 10:13:54 AM »

???

You constantly type repetitive and long-winded posts and then claim someone has no idea what you want?  You should probably improve your communication skills.

Frankly your posts come off as some who is complaining for complaining sake and lack logical consistency.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #18471 on: June 26, 2019, 10:14:38 AM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18472 on: June 26, 2019, 10:21:21 AM »
 Niels Lane was just offered by Penn State, Miami and has his previous  U Conn offer reaffirmed by Hurley.

My sources say the family will decide on officials after Peach Jam and that MU is still in the mix  because of the long relationship with Coach Killings .

https://mobile.twitter.com/realnielsl/status/1143877354558824448

Niels is a great case of why to ignore ratings. Was not even rated at all , blew up and now many schools are circling.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18473 on: June 26, 2019, 10:22:25 AM »

You should shorten your posts. The long winded stuff doesn't suit everyone. And if you do feel sorry for your fellow posters, post less frequently.

Happy to help 👍🏼
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18474 on: June 26, 2019, 10:27:11 AM »
Niels Lane was just offered by Penn State, Miami and has his previous  U Conn offer reaffirmed by Hurley.

My sources say the family will decide on officials after Peach Jam and that MU is still in the mix  because of the long relationship with Coach Killings .

https://mobile.twitter.com/realnielsl/status/1143877354558824448

Niels is a great case of why to ignore ratings. Was not even rated at all , blew up and now many schools are circling.

Let me know when Marquette offers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter