'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337000 times)

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
Re: Recruiting as of 1/15/19
« Reply #15750 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:00 PM »
Where does he play at?
I think bradley tech in milwaukee

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #15751 on: January 11, 2019, 12:59:12 PM »
Justin Lewis( has already visited) says MU is one of the schools recruiting him the hardest

http://endlessmotor.net/2019/01/10/elite-2020-combo-forward-justin-lewis-dives-deep-into-his-recruitment-will-cut-list-soon/
Justin is the model of pogo stick we are looking for. Lets sign him up.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15752 on: January 11, 2019, 01:04:57 PM »
Re: JL, careful guys. Little out ahead of yourselves
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15753 on: January 11, 2019, 01:06:36 PM »
In what way?    His talent?   His grades?   MU's chances to land him?  Entourage?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #15754 on: January 11, 2019, 01:11:26 PM »
Re: JL, careful guys. Little out ahead of yourselves

Curious about your thoughts here.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15755 on: January 11, 2019, 01:27:43 PM »
Remember the name Jeffery Brazziel C/O 2022. Ranked #1 in wisconsin, super long and athletic

Thanks for postin', Mr. Brazziel, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #15756 on: January 11, 2019, 02:03:07 PM »

Thanks for postin', Mr. Brazziel, hey?
GoldenEagle323 used to be GoldenEagles32 , he is a young local high schooler that is one of the best sources on the recruiting thread. Tipped us off to Desmond Polk for example.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15757 on: January 11, 2019, 02:14:08 PM »
Remember the name Jeffery Brazziel C/O 2022. Ranked #1 in wisconsin, super long and athletic

Brazziel, Brazzers. Got it.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #15758 on: January 11, 2019, 02:36:03 PM »
I like Justin Lewis.  Long, strong, big frame to hold weight, and very good athlete.  Tape suggests he can be a good rebounder and shot blocker with some shooting ability.  Potentially a strong role player.

I think the Team USA camps have been pretty broad from a numbers perspective.  A very preliminary camp.  This isn't the same as Markus and Henry competing for a spot on a 12 man roster.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #15759 on: January 13, 2019, 08:36:04 AM »
Thoughts on the rest of the 2020 class. I know it’s in this thread somewhere.  If you were betting would it be between Polk, beekman, and Dainja?  Any shot at some of these Nevada kids?

GoGoldenEagles

• Walk-On
« Reply #15760 on: January 13, 2019, 12:43:23 PM »
In my personal opinion based on articles,other offers,and personal info, I believe we have good shots at...
Nimari Burnett
Dawson Garcia
Jalen Suggs(said he wants to take a official visit to Marquette)
Jalen Johnson(I believe it’s really between Duke and us)
Jamari Sibley
Desmond Polk
Dain Dainja
Julian Strawther (no clue,but took a official visit)
I think the west coast kids are long shots, but you never know.But most this kids have said they plan on committing around the fall of the senior year. Jalen Johnson took visits to UCLA which just fired there coach. Also went to Arizona which I believe is just not going to happen. Wisconsin is also in the picture, but their program isn’t looking good. Also his best friend Tyler Herro got bashed by Wisconsin fans after recommitment and has not gone to visit the program in awhile. But has been to two Marquette games this year and also Marquette madness. Also many of his teammates/friends Jamari,Reece,Desmond/Patrick have Marquette offers. He visited Duke and seems to love them, as most kids nowadays due based on their resume. But maybe Wojo can convince his old friend Coach K to back off. Based on all that not trying to get everybodies hopes up, but it looks very possible to land him.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #15761 on: January 13, 2019, 10:46:45 PM »
In my personal opinion based on articles,other offers,and personal info, I believe we have good shots at...
Nimari Burnett
Dawson Garcia
Jalen Suggs(said he wants to take a official visit to Marquette)
Jalen Johnson(I believe it’s really between Duke and us)
Jamari Sibley
Desmond Polk
Dain Dainja
Julian Strawther (no clue,but took a official visit)
I think the west coast kids are long shots, but you never know.But most this kids have said they plan on committing around the fall of the senior year. Jalen Johnson took visits to UCLA which just fired there coach. Also went to Arizona which I believe is just not going to happen. Wisconsin is also in the picture, but their program isn’t looking good. Also his best friend Tyler Herro got bashed by Wisconsin fans after recommitment and has not gone to visit the program in awhile. But has been to two Marquette games this year and also Marquette madness. Also many of his teammates/friends Jamari,Reece,Desmond/Patrick have Marquette offers. He visited Duke and seems to love them, as most kids nowadays due based on their resume. But maybe Wojo can convince his old friend Coach K to back off. Based on all that not trying to get everybodies hopes up, but it looks very possible to land him.
id add UCLA to this too

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #15762 on: January 13, 2019, 11:11:20 PM »
id add UCLA to this too

Gotta feel the turmoil at UCLA can only help us/Duke in the Jalen Johnson equation. He seems to be playing it pretty close to the vest right now. Sure hope we have a shot.

Related, my wish list is as follows now that we have Symir on board:

Nimari Burnett (such a great shooter)
Dawson Garcia (need a swing big)
Jalen Johnson (top 10 local kid--amazing distributor and scorer)
Dain Dainja (certified banger)
Julian Strawther (smooth as hell, nice handle,  shooter)

No order to that list. Wojo and staff have recruited pretty well so far. The success as of late can only help.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #15763 on: January 15, 2019, 11:48:12 AM »
Would love to see a couple 6'10" - 7'0" recruits to help us dominate in the Big East.  It's a tough conference where bigger and stronger is better to go along with great shooters. 

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #15764 on: January 15, 2019, 12:13:46 PM »
Anyone have any insight on 2021 big man Michael Foster from Milwaukee Washington? Local talent who committed early to ASU followed by a de commit.  Big time prospect in our backyard
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #15765 on: January 15, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »
Would love to see a couple 6'10" - 7'0" recruits to help us dominate in the Big East.  It's a tough conference where bigger and stronger is better to go along with great shooters.
I agree with this analysis.
                       ---Al McGuire

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #15766 on: January 15, 2019, 01:10:54 PM »
Anyone have any insight on 2021 big man Michael Foster from Milwaukee Washington? Local talent who committed early to ASU followed by a de commit.  Big time prospect in our backyard

No, but I’m sure every coach at every blue blood program can give you plenty of insight on the #3 prospect in the country.  In the event he has to spend the obligatory year in college, it would be great if it was MU but I’m not holding my breath.

I really believe this program is better off targeting the 25-100 guys for sustained success.  The lottery guys are great but can really leave giant holes in rosters unless you’re able to continually fill behind them like Coach K or Kentucky.  Having said all of that, I’d go ape$hi+ if we signed him.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #15767 on: January 16, 2019, 08:28:23 AM »
Dawson Garcia with 44 points last night.Would be a big time get.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #15768 on: January 16, 2019, 08:33:25 AM »
Marquette is really in a unique (great) position right now.

Ranked in the Top 15. NPOY candidate getting tons of pub.  Chance to be a Top 4 seed in the tournament.  Brand new stadium.  Near sell out crowds. Fun offense.  And all of the major contributors are due back next season where we could be a pre-season Top 15 team.

All this while recruiting some serious talent.  Wojo has some great stories to tell about individual succcess and development, program development and the future of this program.

Things have lined up pretty well for us to grab some big ticket talent for the future and maybe cement ourselves as a major player in CBB.  Going to be fun to see how it all plays out.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15769 on: January 16, 2019, 08:42:20 AM »

Ranked in the Top 15. NPOY candidate getting tons of pub.  Chance to be a Top 4 seed in the tournament.  Brand new stadium.  Near sell out crowds. Fun offense.  And all of the major contributors are due back next season where we could be a pre-season Top 15 team.

All this while recruiting some serious talent.  Wojo has some great stories to tell about individual succcess and development, program development and the future of this program.

Things have lined up pretty well for us to grab some big ticket talent for the future and maybe cement ourselves as a major player in CBB.  Going to be fun to see how it all plays out.
A game like last night shows potential Golden Eagles that Wojo develops players, gets them ready to play, and has faith in them when they are playing well.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15770 on: January 16, 2019, 09:58:30 AM »

We haven't been preseason 15 since Raymonds' first year. How wild is that? At least three teams certainly were worthy of that since then.
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #15771 on: January 16, 2019, 10:04:15 AM »
A game like last night shows potential Golden Eagles that Wojo develops players, gets them ready to play, and has faith in them when they are playing well.

Also shows any top PGs, that their table is ready. Our backup PG is Sam Hauser. When Markus graduates it's their team.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15772 on: January 16, 2019, 10:06:42 AM »
Also shows any top PGs, that their table is ready. Our backup PG is Sam Hauser. When Markus graduates it's their team.

Koby McEwen and Symir Torrance might have something to say about that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15773 on: January 16, 2019, 10:53:10 AM »
No top PG comes to sit the bench.     McEwen, Elliott, Akanno, and Torrence are in the fold.    While I doubt Wojo rejects a 5 star who begs to come to MU, I doubt that is his top priority. 

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #15774 on: January 16, 2019, 10:54:19 AM »
We haven't been preseason 15 since Raymonds' first year. How wild is that? At least three teams certainly were worthy of that since then.

pre-season #11 in 2008.

feedback