[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337781 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 8/15/18
« Reply #14825 on: September 11, 2018, 12:24:26 PM »
Why post the same link twice in a day?
I think he forgot to switch to his other account first.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14826 on: September 11, 2018, 12:38:40 PM »
Why post the same link twice in a day?
Noted and amended.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #14827 on: September 11, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
Imagine the in-Home Rick had when recruiting Lloyd Moore. “Hey Lloyd, I’ve got 14 pepperoni, sausage and double cheese pizzas with me. Can I’m come in to visit?”
Not that far from how Rick did things.

When Lloyd Walton was being recruited Al called and Lucky said he had a flight in the morning to Florida and was going to sign with Jacksonville.

Al told him don't get on the plane until you hear from us.

He told Rick to get down to Chicago as fast as he could.  Lloyd says 90 minutes later Rick shows up at his door with a pizza.   They talk for a bit and Rick drives him to Milwaukee where he signs with Marquette.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #14828 on: September 11, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »
Not that far from how Rick did things.

When Lloyd Walton was being recruited Al called and Lucky said he had a flight in the morning to Florida and was going to sign with Jacksonville.

Al told him don't get on the plane until you hear from us.

He told Rick to get down to Chicago as fast as he could.  Lloyd says 90 minutes later Rick shows up at his door with a pizza.   They talk for a bit and Rick drives him to Milwaukee where he signs with Marquette.

1) Hope Rick had a towel
2) Would have been a violation now, at least does not mention that he gave him a t-shirt
Goal is National Championship

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #14829 on: September 11, 2018, 02:19:25 PM »
Stan is busy just checked in a hotel in SF and a MU fan gave him a shoutout
https://twitter.com/mucoachjohnson/status/1039346680062128128?s=21

Picked the most recent tweet-posting I could find to quote.

Mods...any way we can get Tweet-embedding set up on here?  I hate having to click links for just 140 characters.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #14830 on: September 11, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
The number of pizza's taken up to the Joe Wolf's family by Rick and his handlers did not have the same closing success as Al had with Lloyd. Rick was a lot like Al in regards to really being his own man. Rick brought a lot of pizza's into recruits homes over the years, but none more than the Wolf's.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #14831 on: September 11, 2018, 02:26:23 PM »
The number of pizza's taken up to the Joe Wolf's family by Rick and his handlers did not have the same closing success as Al had with Lloyd. Rick was a lot like Al in regards to really being his own man. Rick brought a lot of pizza's into recruits homes over the years, but none more than the Wolf's.

few doors down from me...i never got pizza...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14832 on: September 11, 2018, 02:33:37 PM »

Shoulda maybe sprung for Carnevor instead, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #14833 on: September 11, 2018, 02:34:34 PM »
I said Rick showed up at Lloyd's with a pizza.

Lloyd never mentioned that he shared the pizza.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #14834 on: September 11, 2018, 03:03:10 PM »
I said Rick showed up at Lloyd's with a pizza.

Lloyd never mentioned that he shared the pizza.

Damn straight.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #14835 on: September 11, 2018, 03:07:07 PM »
Imagine the in-Home Rick had when recruiting Lloyd Moore. “Hey Lloyd, I’ve got 14 pepperoni, sausage and double cheese pizzas with me. Can I’m come in to visit?”

And a Primanti Bros. beef sandwich on the side.   ;)

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #14836 on: September 11, 2018, 04:20:35 PM »
Is Arizona recruiting anyone else that if they would commit could eliminate Zona from contention for Nico like Nova did. Or like we would do if Bishop commits? 

How many open scholarships do they have? I am assuming loads due to turnover/they cheated and scared people away

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14837 on: September 11, 2018, 04:58:48 PM »
Is Arizona recruiting anyone else that if they would commit could eliminate Zona from contention for Nico like Nova did. Or like we would do if Bishop commits? 

How many open scholarships do they have? I am assuming loads due to turnover/they cheated and scared people away

Theoretically they have 3 scholarships open for next season. Technically, they have 2 but awarded a scholarship to a walk on this season who I imagine would lose that scholarship if a more valuable player came along.

Nico is by far their top priority. They are also recruiting his teammate SG Josh Green and are in his top 6. Zona fans are convinced that landing Mannion will help them land Green but I'm not so sure.

They are big game hunting in the post going after a lot of 5 star types like Matthew Hurt, CJ Walker, James Wisman, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Zeke Nnaji, etc but they aren't perceived as a leader for any of them.

There's no guard that would block Nico's path at Zona. What could be interesting is if they manage to land one of those five star bigs. Miller is supposedly selling Nico on the idea that he has had to play slow the last couple of years because they've run the offense through star post players like Ayton and Markkanen. Miller is telling Nico that if he commits, he would run an uptempo guard focused offense through him. Land a 5-star big man and maybe Nico doesn't believe that a Wildcat will change its stripes.

Honestly, its unlikely that another recruit is going to change Mannion's mind at this point. He will get minutes at either choice and seems a lot closer to a commitment than Zona's other targets. According to Mannion, it will come down to relationship with staff and style of play. I assume he likes both staffs. So it may be about whether or not Miller can sell Nico on this up tempo offense he supposedly will run just for him. We have a plenty of proof that we run the kind of offense he wants to play.

I did chuckle when one Arizona poster said "If we lose to Marquette it will because he doesn't want to play defense and Miller demands that his players play hard on both ends." Maybe our awful D is actually our secret weapon on the recruiting trail!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:04:29 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

burger

• All American
« Reply #14838 on: September 11, 2018, 05:32:04 PM »
And a Primanti Bros. beef sandwich on the side.   ;)

And two Wales on Wells cheeseburgers......LOL!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14839 on: September 11, 2018, 06:53:47 PM »
Theoretically they have 3 scholarships open for next season. Technically, they have 2 but awarded a scholarship to a walk on this season who I imagine would lose that scholarship if a more valuable player came along.

Nico is by far their top priority. They are also recruiting his teammate SG Josh Green and are in his top 6. Zona fans are convinced that landing Mannion will help them land Green but I'm not so sure.

They are big game hunting in the post going after a lot of 5 star types like Matthew Hurt, CJ Walker, James Wisman, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Zeke Nnaji, etc but they aren't perceived as a leader for any of them.

There's no guard that would block Nico's path at Zona. What could be interesting is if they manage to land one of those five star bigs. Miller is supposedly selling Nico on the idea that he has had to play slow the last couple of years because they've run the offense through star post players like Ayton and Markkanen. Miller is telling Nico that if he commits, he would run an uptempo guard focused offense through him. Land a 5-star big man and maybe Nico doesn't believe that a Wildcat will change its stripes.

Honestly, its unlikely that another recruit is going to change Mannion's mind at this point. He will get minutes at either choice and seems a lot closer to a commitment than Zona's other targets. According to Mannion, it will come down to relationship with staff and style of play. I assume he likes both staffs. So it may be about whether or not Miller can sell Nico on this up tempo offense he supposedly will run just for him. We have a plenty of proof that we run the kind of offense he wants to play.

I did chuckle when one Arizona poster said "If we lose to Marquette it will because he doesn't want to play defense and Miller demands that his players play hard on both ends." Maybe our awful D is actually our secret weapon on the recruiting trail!
I think the development of freshman PG Brandon Williams will be a partial factor in his decision.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/star-point-guard-brandon-williams-recommits-to-arizona-wildcats/article_ee0a766a-4fd8-11e8-b045-db1dc49be877.html
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14840 on: September 11, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »
I think the development of freshman PG Brandon Williams will be a partial factor in his decision.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/star-point-guard-brandon-williams-recommits-to-arizona-wildcats/article_ee0a766a-4fd8-11e8-b045-db1dc49be877.html

I don't think Brandon Williams intimidates Nico. That in no way is a slight against Brandon Williams.
TAMU

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #14841 on: September 11, 2018, 08:47:06 PM »

We aren't taking Bishop unless Mannion picks Arizona.......

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #14842 on: September 11, 2018, 09:45:57 PM »
We aren't taking Bishop unless Mannion picks Arizona.......
I am not 100% sure how the recruiting process works so I can use the education I suppose. But if Bishop wakes up tomorrow and decides he wants in at Marquette don’t we have to take him or can we rescind his offer (never would do that). Or would we take him and still go after Nico knowing that the odds on him coming are significantly less. Try to convince Nico that someone is going pro then force, I mean kindly tell to leave (Wally), someone on scholarship to transfer if he decides to come?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #14843 on: September 11, 2018, 09:52:55 PM »
Offers come in all shapes and sizes......they don't have to take anyone.

We have 1 scholarship left and it's Mannion's if he wants it. If they lose him to AZ( as most suspect they will) then they will either take Bishop if he wants to come ......1 of our other couple of targets....or hold it until the spring.

Wojo has never over signed so I don't think he will do that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14844 on: September 11, 2018, 10:07:46 PM »
I am not 100% sure how the recruiting process works so I can use the education I suppose. But if Bishop wakes up tomorrow and decides he wants in at Marquette don’t we have to take him or can we rescind his offer (never would do that). Or would we take him and still go after Nico knowing that the odds on him coming are significantly less. Try to convince Nico that someone is going pro then force, I mean kindly tell to leave (Wally), someone on scholarship to transfer if he decides to come?

Offers don't mean bupkis. Verbal commits don't mean much either. Until the recruit signs on the dotted line, either party can walk away.
TAMU

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #14845 on: September 11, 2018, 10:31:02 PM »
Offers don't mean bupkis. Verbal commits don't mean much either. Until we get the recruit to signs on the dotted line which is dotted, either party can walk away.
FIFY - have some damn respect son!  It was right there in front of you....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hQaD0nbLc

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14846 on: September 11, 2018, 11:14:04 PM »
FIFY - have some damn respect son!  It was right there in front of you....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hQaD0nbLc

Solid
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14847 on: September 11, 2018, 11:18:13 PM »
Updated 2019 Rivals 150: https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

#20 Nico Mannion (Up 4 spots)
#40 Rocket Watts (Up 11 spots)
#119 Seth Lundy (Down 3 spots)
#120 James Bishop (Down 1 spot)
UR Dexter Akanno
TAMU

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #14848 on: September 12, 2018, 06:16:46 AM »
Maybe I missed it here, but anyone see Stan's tweet today? Pretty similar to his tweet when he found out Grimes was going to Kansas.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14849 on: September 12, 2018, 07:14:51 AM »
Maybe I missed it here, but anyone see Stan's tweet today? Pretty similar to his tweet when he found out Grimes was going to Kansas.

Looking for deeper meaning in Stan's tweets is like watching X-Files on LSD.