[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337219 times)

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/18
« Reply #14225 on: August 10, 2018, 09:05:20 AM »
This was from a couple weeks ago.
https://www.zagsblog.com/2018/07/27/rocket-watts-says-list-remains-fluid/

Seems like more of a "don't forget about these people" thing from his parents/coaches. Feel like Duece Bello did that for Buzz once. Maybe he got some time working with MH at CP3 and that meant something. Weird.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #14226 on: August 10, 2018, 09:20:49 AM »
This was from a couple weeks ago.
https://www.zagsblog.com/2018/07/27/rocket-watts-says-list-remains-fluid/

Seems like more of a "don't forget about these people" thing from his parents/coaches. Feel like Duece Bello did that for Buzz once. Maybe he got some time working with MH at CP3 and that meant something. Weird.

New list out has Marquette in his top 9.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14227 on: August 10, 2018, 09:26:48 AM »
New list out has Marquette in his top 9.

So if that's true (and I'm not doubting you), then I think a reasonable conclusion to draw is that his folks were quite enamoured with Marquette for whatever reason and think that Rocket might have been a bit hasty.  I'll put Mark back in the list.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:29:12 AM by jsglow »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #14229 on: August 10, 2018, 09:33:04 AM »
So if that's true (and I'm not doubting you), then I think a reasonable conclusion to draw is that his folks were quite enamoured with Marquette for whatever reason and think that Rocket might have been a bit hasty.  I'll put Mark back in the list.

I think the parents are talking to the Elliotts and Cains parents.  To me that means, the 2 players like being at MU, which is a good sign.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14230 on: August 10, 2018, 09:33:48 AM »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14231 on: August 10, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »
I think the parents are talking to the Elliotts and Cains parents.  To me that means, the 2 players like being at MU, which is a good sign.

That is a distinct possibility.  And if moms happy, perhaps Rocket will be happy too.  #bestrecruiterever

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14232 on: August 10, 2018, 09:37:34 AM »

I'm not so sure, it could be, but adding Marquette wasn't the only change. He dropped Michigan and Xavier from his original list and added Marquette, Minnesota, and USC. Earlier he said his list was "fluid" and also found out that "some of his top 8 weren't recruiting him anymore." This could be as simple as something making him rethink his priorities of what he wants in a school.

Would love to land this guy. Not sure we can take both him and J Bishop because they are very similar players. Won't get excited unless we can get him on campus.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #14233 on: August 10, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »
https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1027768674504073216?s=19

Does it bother anyone else when players release "top" lists rather than"final" lists?  To me, top implies that blue bloods can come in late and immediately jump to the top of the list (especially when its known that his list is fluid), whereas final would discourage that more (although it still happens).  Realize its a small thing and probably makes no difference, I just like our chances more if we have to beat out those 8, rather than those 8 plus UCLA and KU and UK and Duke.  Am I just overthinking?

Regardless, great news to be (back?) in the running for Watts.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14234 on: August 10, 2018, 09:51:03 AM »
I'm not so sure, it could be, but adding Marquette wasn't the only change. He dropped Michigan and Xavier from his original list and added Marquette, Minnesota, and USC. Earlier he said his list was "fluid" and also found out that "some of his top 8 weren't recruiting him anymore." This could be as simple as something making him rethink his priorities of what he wants in a school.

Would love to land this guy. Not sure we can take both him and J Bishop because they are very similar players. Won't get excited unless we can get him on campus.

Stop raining in the parade with facts TAMU.  This is more fun.

Ms. Watts: 'Now you know those nice boys Greg and Jamal.  Fine boys.  I just had lunch with Ms. Cain the other day.  Fine woman, fine family. And look how much they played last year.  I also heard they got good grades too.  Now I'll make your favorite supper tonight and we'll talk about this some more when your dad gets home.  Fine boys.'   :)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14235 on: August 10, 2018, 09:54:09 AM »
There are few things I enjoy more on scoop than glow’s imaginative conversations amongst: recruits, players, coaches, fans, teammates, etc.
Pure gold.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14236 on: August 10, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »

Ms. Watts: 'Now you know those nice boys Greg and Jamal.  Fine boys.  I just had lunch with Ms. Cain the other day.  Fine woman, fine family. And look how much they played last year.  I also heard they got good grades too.  Now I'll make your favorite supper tonight and we'll talk about this some more when your dad gets home.  Fine boys.'   :)

Has Real Chili ever won a recruiting battle?

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #14237 on: August 10, 2018, 10:07:52 AM »
Hmm, and here I was wondering if he really meant Michigan and Tipton Edits just picked out the wrong "M" from its B1G logos. 

I wonder if Michigan was one of the programs that stopped recruiting him?
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #14238 on: August 10, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »
2020 Desmond Polk offered by Iowa State. Offers starting to mount, although nothing yet from MU.
https://twitter.com/search?q=desmondpolk3
Nelson did follow him recently, so that's a step in that direction.  I wonder if the staff is a little more hesitant to throw out offers to fringe local kids because of the possible backlash if it's not commit-able. There seems to be a lot of 2020 offers out there. Seems like they didn't offer Terrance Lewis until the last minute a couple years ago.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #14239 on: August 10, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14240 on: August 10, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »
I'm not so sure, it could be, but adding Marquette wasn't the only change. He dropped Michigan and Xavier from his original list and added Marquette, Minnesota, and USC.Earlier he said his list was "fluid" and also found out that "some of his top 8 weren't recruiting him anymore." This could be as simple as something making him rethink his priorities of what he wants in a school.

This goes back to the definition of an offer. For example, When a school like Louisville has 45 offers out and there are more kids that list them in their final group than there are actual scholarships something has to give. Can’t say for sure which school moved Rocket to the outer constellation band of their recruiting efforts, but glad it happened . Now we are in the game and if we can get him on campus anything is possible. Also I think this Watts development helps in the recruitment of James Bishop . Kids often pay close attention to what talented peers are doing. Gives some more credibility to our efforts.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14241 on: August 10, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »
Nelson did follow him recently, so that's a step in that direction.  I wonder if the staff is a little more hesitant to throw out offers to fringe local kids because of the possible backlash if it's not commit-able. There seems to be a lot of 2020 offers out there. Seems like they didn't offer Terrance Lewis until the last minute a couple years ago.
This case is very similar to the Terrance Lewis case. When Lewis finally got the committable MU offer , Iowa State was in close the deal mode. Hopefully our steady level of dialogue with Polk keeps us in the running. Polk’s stock has been steadily rising. There is a balancing act here too, as we are pursuing Beekman , who has stated in the past he was a big MU fan. Worth noting the Badgers have offered Beekman and not Polk as well so maybe there is some similar logic going on.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Goal is National Championship

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14243 on: August 10, 2018, 11:05:23 AM »
There are few things I enjoy more on scoop than glow’s imaginative conversations amongst: recruits, players, coaches, fans, teammates, etc.
Pure gold.

So kind of you.  If we can't have a little fun, eh?

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #14244 on: August 10, 2018, 12:08:01 PM »

That's weird. I didn't think anyone wore aprons anymore but she was obviously wearing an apron during this conversation.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #14245 on: August 10, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »
That's weird. I didn't think anyone wore aprons anymore but she was obviously wearing an apron during this conversation.
I didn’t either.  But, in a quick check, Amazon has hundreds of pages of aprons for sale.  Who knew?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14246 on: August 10, 2018, 12:27:16 PM »
When she bakes, my wife wears an apron.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14247 on: August 10, 2018, 12:28:49 PM »

My guess is the 6 on both lists (Louisville, MSU, Oregon, Missouri, FSU, UConn) are the favorites. I'll wait until we see our name on a visit list before I get excited.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #14248 on: August 10, 2018, 12:32:44 PM »
When she bakes, my wife wears an apron.
My wife never owned an apron.  We eat out a lot.   ;)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #14249 on: August 10, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »

That's nice.  That's really, really nice.