[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Apple Gripe  (Read 948 times)

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Apple Gripe
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:39:25 PM »
Has anyone noticed Apple is slipping? Today I gifted an AudioBook via itunes to my mom. We're both iPhone users with the latest software and hardware. Following all of Apple's prompts on her phone and desktop, she wasn't able to download it at all. Just got a bunch of confusing prompts to enter in a gift code, which wasn't included in the email.

Spent 45 min on the phone with her to try and figure it out, but ended up having to submit a support ticket for what should be a simple damn thing to do.

I was a late iPhone adopter from my BlackBerry but honestly starting to consider switching back. The Apple "It Just Works" shine is sort of coming off.... iTunes interface on iOS is confusing as hell, the software is lagging even on my iPhone 6 (latest and greatest software...)

At least BlackBerry absolutely 100% worked all the time, though it's function was more limited. Almost seems a little more like the original Apple idea of doing a few things well.

IDK maybe it's just me... anyone else experiencing this?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Apple Gripe
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:49:30 AM »
Win Phone with 10.

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 07:13:17 AM »
Win Phone with 10.

I have the same.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 08:08:56 AM »
I switched back to Apple a few months back from Android - WAY too many overlays on Android.  After any amount of time it gets clunky.  There are only two and a half issues i have with iOS. 

1) totally agree with you on the iTunes interface.  i generally attribute it to the fact that i don't/won't subscribe to Apple Radio and i'm outdated in how i consume my music on my phone.  i'm still a 'buy an entire album, listen to the entire album' guy
2) the iCloud/sharing is all or nothing so when my wife and i are on the same WiFi our devices act as one.  at home it's mostly fantastic as you can answer your phone from any device.  when we're out someplace, not so much. 
2.5) i'd like them to get an agreement with Discover so i can have all my cards in the wallet.  not a big deal as the POS support isn't there.

i've not had any issues with software updates or the App store at all.  a great improvement over Android.

that being said, i'm glad my mom is in the technology stone age and still uses a flip phone.  remote tech support is too stressful for me.

I spent 15 years working at a wireless carrier and have learned that operating system and device style is 100% a personal preference - go with what makes you happy/comfortable.  tech snobs are only trying to justify their decisions to themselves.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 09:04:36 AM »
I still have an old Nokia phone that worked 100% of the time.  It's all yours.  I'll even throw in the wall charger, the car charger and a nice vinyl/pleather holster so you can strap it to your belt.  It's not pretty, but it does have Snake... even that works 100% of the time.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.