[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UW Tickets  (Read 2605 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
UW Tickets
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:54:31 AM »
I've read on this board before (maybe the other board too) that there are always people selling tickets to the MU/UW game outside of the Kohl center.  Are there a significant amount of people doing this?  Are there reasonable prices?  Location isn't that much of an issue.  Is there a certain time I should get there?

If anyone has any information I am considering driving out to Madison, put on a red t-shirt, purchase tickets, and then remove the red t-shirt.

lovebaroney

• Walk-On
Re: UW Tickets
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 10:34:38 AM »
I wasted my time trying to get tickets in the late 90s and didn't have much luck....tickets were way over priced outside stadium.  Your best bet is to go to some popular bar and look for singles before the game, we did pick up one at face value. 

1shiningmoment

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »
I've gone to this game the last 10 years (Field House and Kohl) and there will be plenty of tickets available on the street.  Just wait until right after tip-off and the prices will go way down.  Or go to a local bar (I recommend the Echo) and there is usually a few tix available.   A third option is waiting by the entrance to one of the parking ramps (Lake, Francis, etc.), that way you hit the potential seller before he hits the sidewalk.  Doesn't really matter where you sit as there are good lines even in the 3rd level.  Good Luck, it would be nice to see as much gold in the KC as there was red in the BC last year.

MarqGold17

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 11:33:12 AM »

If anyone has any information I am considering driving out to Madison, put on a red t-shirt, purchase tickets, and then remove the red t-shirt.

Actually I have the same plan pretty much. I managed to get myself a ticket to the game, but in the student section. Right now the plan is to wear a red pullover with no Wisconsin lettering on it, I mean why would i disgrace myself that much¿ Anyway right before tip off I'm going to rip it off and be "a lone gold shirt in a sea of red." If anyone else is at the game and sees me getting pummeled please come to my rescue :-\

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:51:27 AM »

Actually I have the same plan pretty much. I managed to get myself a ticket to the game, but in the student section. Right now the plan is to wear a red pullover with no Wisconsin lettering on it, I mean why would i disgrace myself that much¿ Anyway right before tip off I'm going to rip it off and be "a lone gold shirt in a sea of red." If anyone else is at the game and sees me getting pummeled please come to my rescue :-\

wear a poncho, you will be spit on

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 12:04:14 PM »

You're a very brave person...bring a bat just in case  :P

ultimate

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 12:10:36 PM »
There's no way I'm missing this game...

What are people plans for before the game?  It'd be cool to see a bunch of gold at a fine eating/drinking establishment before the game.

Unfortunately I have family obligations and won't be able to celebrate our victory after the game. :(

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 12:19:34 PM »
a bunch of us are planning on heading to Brothers by the UW campus.  If the Spirit shop would discount jerseys w/ everything else in their christmas sale, i'd be wearing a matthews jersey in there, but it's just too much for me to spend right now.

1shiningmoment

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:58:35 PM »
I will be at Buck's, in an Diener jersey.  I have a friend/MU sympathizer who tends bar there on game days. There will be several other MU alumni (01-02) present as well.

1shiningmoment

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 01:05:44 PM »
Check out Madison's craigslist.  Student tickets going for 25-45$.  Saw a pair for 80$.

feedback