[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting Class  (Read 6324 times)

MuFan87

• Walk-On
Recruiting Class
« on: June 12, 2015, 11:03:09 AM »
Who has Marquette offered from 2016 other than Hauser?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Recruiting Class
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 11:06:21 AM »
I don't know if each and everyone of these guys have been offered, but TAMU put together this wonderful list of 2016's with MU interest.

28. Cassius Winston
35. Amir Coffey
47. Sam Hauser
49. Javin Montgomery-Delaurier
58. Tyler Cook
73. Kevin Huerter
74. Lamar Stevens
75. Brendan Bailey
93. Myles Powell
95. Quentin Goodin
UR. Daquan Bracey

Ratings are per ESPN.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
BrewCity77 also put together this super informative post:

By my count (and I may miss a few) we have 10 offers out technically...

1. Sam Hauser, 6'6" SF Committed, but until he signs his NLI, it's still only an offer.
2. Amir Coffey, 6'7" SG Has been a top target for awhile. Mark Miller (the MU name worth following) picked him to Marquette on Crystal Ball.
3. Javin Montgomery-DeLaurier, 6'9" PF Top-40 PF that has received a ton of offers recently.
4. Cassius Winston, 6'1" PG Rowsey likely indicates Wojo thought Winston would be too tough to pry out of Michigan.
5. Kevin Huerter, 6'5" PG Big, physical point can also play off the ball, but can't see another PG after Rowsey. Wojo did have an in-home a couple months ago.
6. Myles Powell, 5'11" PG Another point that likely wouldn't be taken with Rowsey in the fold.
7. Lamar Stevens, 6'6" SF Unlikely, but an offer was extended awhile ago before Hauser committed. More physical than Sam, but not near the shooter.
8. Brendan Bailey, 6'8" SF Former ASU commit offered after Stan Johnson joined the fold.
9. Emmanuel Malou, 6'9" PF JUCO player (I believe will have 2 years eligibility) is raw but talented.
10. Kyle Washington, 6'9" PF Transfer, but would take a 2016 scholarship so I included him. Visiting Marquette as I type this.

Now, how many of those offers stand? Obviously Hauser, who is committed. On the other hand, I don't believe Winston, Huerter, and Powell are still being actively pursued by Marquette. Stevens is also someone we offered awhile ago, not sure the staff is still actively after him.

My guess is Washington and Coffey could commit at any time. DeLaurier is a long-shot. Bailey and Malou I suspect are backup plans to Coffey and Washington, respectively.

Then of course there's Kostas Antetokounmpo. In addition to 247 having him ranked #21 and a 5-star, Scout's new rankings have him ranked #70 and climbing the rankings. The kid is as raw as the sashimi I ate last night, but there may not be more than a handful of players in the country with more potential. Even if there isn't a Marquette offer next to his name, Wojo and company are involved.

MuFan87

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 12:38:27 PM »
I am excited for that class, Amir Coffey is crazy good

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 12:57:01 PM »
Still not a fan of the Rowsey transfer...Wayyy better options for 4 years instead of two.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 01:40:45 PM »
Still not a fan of the Rowsey transfer...Wayyy better options for 4 years instead of two.
Guy can shoot the ball from outside.  Going to be important with the 30 second clock.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 01:48:40 PM »
In other words you do not think that Wojo knows what he is doing. Wojo knows who he has a realistic shot at and we do not. Maybe Winston would be a better 4 year candidate, but what would you do if you have a 100% chance to get Rousey and an estimated 5%, 10%, 15%, etc. chance of getting Winston?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 01:55:55 PM »
In other words you do not think that Wojo knows what he is doing. Wojo knows who he has a realistic shot at and we do not. Maybe Winston would be a better 4 year candidate, but what would you do if you have a 100% chance to get Rousey and an estimated 5%, 10%, 15%, etc. chance of getting Winston?

Winston isn't leaving Michigan. Time to let it go.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 02:00:52 PM »

Furthermore, Rowsey is an experienced PG.  If Carter doesn't pan out for whatever reason, and the staff truly believes Duane is better off the ball, they have a good alternative.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »

Have you ever seen the young man play?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 05:33:14 PM »

Furthermore, Rowsey is an experienced PG.  If Carter doesn't pan out for whatever reason, and the staff truly believes Duane is better off the ball, they have a good alternative.

Ding ding ding
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ShootinOutWallsofHeartach

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 06:29:10 PM »
Somebody used the phrase here the other day..."a bird in hand is worth two in the bush." Well, Andrew Rowsey is a proven scorer, all-conference at UNC-Asheville. Hyphens notwithstanding, the kid can play. HS seniors' rankings mean next to nothing, and even a top 25 ranking doesn't equate to "can't miss" status. Rowsey is "in hand" like American Pharoah. I'll take it from here...

mug644

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 09:33:24 PM »
Doesn't Rowsey help balance classes too? There is value in that, though I would never argue that that's a good enough sole reason to take someone.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 09:56:18 PM »

I'm confident you'll be pleasantly surprised.  Two many very good programs, including one MU is hoping to get a castoff from (NC State) were after this guy for him to be the first miscalculation for Wojo and staff.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.