[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Less-than-flattering take on JFB  (Read 19899 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Less-than-flattering take on JFB
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2016, 09:29:13 AM »

JFB getting a bad wrap, aineea?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
Bang on.  Adding that Sam Smith is a paid toady of Gar-Pax.  Gar was Tim Floyd's bag man.  Scum of the earth.  They are after Jimmy in the press as he is the only one one they can trade of value, so they are denigrating him now in advance of dumping him.
Why would they denigrate Jimmy before dumping him? It only lessens his value and makes them look anxious to move him.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2016, 10:17:56 AM »
The same Giannis who had a hissy fit in the playoffs last year and threw Dunleavy out of bounds, the least likely Bull to fight back? He's not an angel, no NBA star is. They are all competitors to the highest degree and doesn't always lend itself to angelic behavior.

I fully admit I'm a Bucks homer but you can't help but love Giannis. Even his tackle of Dunleavy was so far from subtle that it came endearing to me. Between his love of smoothies, him completely overrating his brothers, stories of sending all his cash to family that he forgot to save some for a cab and ended up running to the arena to make the game before a fan saw him and picked him up, ok I'm done and will see myself out with this link.... 
http://nbpa.com/hangin-with-giannis-antetokounmpo-a-revealing-portrait-of-a-close-family-man-and-big-brother/

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2016, 10:49:12 AM »
Giannis's decision was inexcusable.  Doesn't change the fact that Dunleavy is known as a dirty player, not some angel who "is the last person that would fight back."

For the record, I wasn't painting Dunleavy as angelic, more so that he's scrawny and unintimidating.  As opposed to a lot of tougher personalities on that team like Butler, Noah, Gibson, etc...

And Marty, you can relax with your Giannis fan-boying. I like him a lot too, just pointing out less than a year ago directly contradicted your "does everything the absolute right way". And your puff piece didn't help considering there 3x as many of those similar type pieces out there about Jimmy.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2016, 10:57:53 AM »

For the record, I wasn't painting Dunleavy as angelic, more so that he's scrawny and unintimidating.  As opposed to a lot of tougher personalities on that team like Butler, Noah, Gibson, etc...

And Marty, you can relax with your Giannis fan-boying. I like him a lot too, just pointing out less than a year ago directly contradicted your "does everything the absolute right way". And your puff piece didn't help considering there 3x as many of those similar type pieces out there about Jimmy.

Gotcha gotcha, fair enough.  Sorry for going on a tangent.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2016, 10:59:22 AM »
I'm not sure where to find flagrant foul stats but I doubt Matthew Dellevedova was near the top of flagrant fouls in the NBA last year, yet he was voted the dirtiest player in the NBA. Dirty does not necessarily equate to flagrant fouls, especially today where even incidental contact above the shoulders is a flagrant foul. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Dunleavy has long been known as a guy who is more than happy to take a cheap shot when the opportunity presents itself.

Dellavedova is tied for second in the NBA in flagrant fouls this year. Impressive for a guy who plays less than 25 mpg.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2015&category=MISC&group=1&sort=8&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

With all due respect, saying "you're pretty sure you've read it somewhere" is no persuasive evidence that Dunleavy is a well known dirty player.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
Some of them.
Regardless, the criticism of JB is asinine. Even if the stuff Smith is saying is true, who cares?
NBA teammates need to be besties? Hanging out with Mark Wahlberg somehow makes Jimmy a bad dude?
Jimmy and his ego are far down the list of the Bulls' problems, and this reeks of someone - Hoiberg, Pax, the Rose camp - throwing him under the bus to deflect far more deserved criticism on them.

What you didn't say - which some don't know - is that Sam Smith is paid by the Bulls to write about the Bulls.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2016, 02:05:43 PM »
Why would they denigrate Jimmy before dumping him? It only lessens his value and makes them look anxious to move him.

I don't think that any of that will matter one bit to the teams that have an interest in JFB.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2016, 06:57:37 PM »
This ad is on display at my train station.  I am sure its interpretation is not the same as when they first designed it:

I can't tell whether Jimmy is staring down Rose or Hoiberg.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »

Pure PR, CYA play meant to distract the fanbase from the front office failures. The BS won't affect Jimmy's value - the rest of the league knows who he is.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2016, 08:08:06 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2016, 08:17:44 PM »
http://www.bigplay.com/bulls-locker-room-split-between-jimmy-buter-joakim-noah/

Is this 7th grade girls basketball or what?

Joakim is pretty much finished as a player - has been for awhile. But evidently he's still a good agitator.

feedback