[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JIMMY!  (Read 17995 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: JIMMY!
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2015, 07:07:15 PM »
right.  so nothing about my statement is wrong.  if the bucks give jimmy $100 more than the bulls do he will be in milwaukee regardless of how he says he feels about it.  wherever he gets the most money is where he will be, just like every professional athlete signing the main contract of his career.  the bulls have the right to match it, but he's not taking $24,999,900.00 from the bulls if the bucks offer $25M.

Ridiculous logic as it is a scenario that's has no chance of occurring.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2015, 07:08:33 PM »
I think he's wrong too...but not for the reason you say.  It's possible (although probably unlikely) that the Bucks could make Jimmy an offer that the Bulls don't match. 

His point is that if the Buck offer Jimmy $100 more than the Bulls, Jimmy will go to the Bucks.  I really doubt that is true.  Now if we're talking an extra million or two, well...

The Bulls will match any offer he gets, if it even gets to that point.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2015, 07:15:07 PM »
Ridiculous logic as it is a scenario that's has no chance of occurring.

who ever said that was going to happen?  i said money talks.  and, well, money talks.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2015, 07:26:18 PM »
right.  so nothing about my statement is wrong.  if the bucks give jimmy $100 more than the bulls do he will be in milwaukee regardless of how he says he feels about it.  wherever he gets the most money is where he will be, just like every professional athlete signing the main contract of his career.  the bulls have the right to match it, but he's not taking $24,999,900.00 from the bulls if the bucks offer $25M.

The Bulls can offer him the most money so the only way the Bucks can pay him more is if the Bulls don't offer the max contract and the Bulls don't match the Bucks max offer. The only reason the Bucks are mentioned is to fill airtime.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2015, 07:40:50 PM »
The Bulls can offer him the most money so the only way the Bucks can pay him more is if the Bulls don't offer the max contract and the Bulls don't match the Bucks max offer. The only reason the Bucks are mentioned is to fill airtime.

it has nothing to do with the bucks. jimmy will play wherever the money takes him. simple as that.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2015, 08:07:09 PM »
Lebron scored 26 a game on him at under 40%......he kind of made Lebron a liability......he's got some defensive chops

If you actually watched this series and came away thinking that Lebron was a liability to the Cavs, then you are either insane or insanely dumb about bball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2015, 08:30:37 PM »
it has nothing to do with the bucks. jimmy will play wherever the money takes him. simple as that.

And league rules dictate no team can pay him more than the Bulls. So if, as you say, money talks, there's no conversation to be had because Chicago, by NBA rules, is able to give him the most.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2015, 08:44:14 PM »
And league rules dictate no team can pay him more than the Bulls. So if, as you say, money talks, there's no conversation to be had because Chicago, by NBA rules, is able to give him the most.

right, if the bulls choose to offer him the max they can then jimmy will be in chicago. if the bucks offer him more than anybody else is willing to and the bulls aren't willing to match it then jimmy will be in milwaukee regardless of what he said about the city. i really don't get what is so hard for you people to understand. wherever the money is going to come from is where jimmy butler will play, whether it's chicago, milwaukee, portland, oakland, la, dallas, new orleans, ny, cleveland...need I continue?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2015, 09:58:54 PM »

You very well might be right, but you do know that there have been many, many, many athletes who have played for less money than they could have gotten from Team A because they really wanted to play for Team B, right?

Sports history is filled with "hometown discounts," athletes wanting to play where they are "most comfortable," etc. For example, Joe Mauer could have gotten millions more in NY or LA but wanted to stay in Minnesota.

I have no idea about Jimmy's thinking on this. Maybe, like most athletes, he will go for the very last dollar. But, again, some athletes do not do this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2015, 12:04:28 AM »
right, if the bulls choose to offer him the max they can then jimmy will be in chicago. if the bucks offer him more than anybody else is willing to and the bulls aren't willing to match it then jimmy will be in milwaukee regardless of what he said about the city. i really don't get what is so hard for you people to understand. wherever the money is going to come from is where jimmy butler will play, whether it's chicago, milwaukee, portland, oakland, la, dallas, new orleans, ny, cleveland...need I continue?

No, but you probably will. I don't get why you have this long. You keep saying it's about the money, which means he will stay in Chicago. End of story...or it should be. But then you list 8 other cities that can't pay him what Chicago can.

Do you realize that your argument contradicts itself any time you mention a city not starting with a "C", ending with an "O", and having "hicag" in the middle?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorPA

• Walk-On
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2015, 12:44:09 AM »
In summary, the Bulls are able to offer more money than anyone else, if they choose to do so.

They do not have to offer Jimmy their max, which is how he could end up somewhere else. They will have the opportunity to match any offer another team puts forth.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2015, 01:09:43 AM »
No, but you probably will. I don't get why you have this long. You keep saying it's about the money, which means he will stay in Chicago. End of story...or it should be. But then you list 8 other cities that can't pay him what Chicago can.

Do you realize that your argument contradicts itself any time you mention a city not starting with a "C", ending with an "O", and having "hicag" in the middle?

no, it doesn't. you're usually a pretty intelligent poster brew. this is not your finest moment. just because chicago had the right/ability to offer jimmy the most money doesn't mean they are required to or will. every player in the nba in theory could be offered a max contract when they become a free agent, and that would mean the team they are on when they become a free agent in theory has the ability to offer that player more money than any other team is willing to. just because they have the right to do that does not mean they are required to do so. just because mike dunleavy left the bucks and signed with the bulls doesn't mean the bucks offered him a max contract but he signed for less in chicago because he liked the city better. your thought process is beyond way off here.

i'll say it one more time and maybe you'll finally learn to comprehend it. whatever team offers jimmy the most money is where jimmy will play next year. it's really, really simple. yes chicago has the OPTION to offer him more than any other team is allowed, and yes chicago has the OPTION to match any offer another team might give jimmy, but just because they have those OPTIONS doesn't mean they are REQUIRED to do so. it's certainly extremely likely he signs a long term deal with chicago. but no, it's not because he likes chicago so much he'll just say the hell with money i love this city. it's because the money was in chicago. if the bulls are dumb enough to not match an offer, jimmy will play where the money takes him, even if it's milwaukee, a city he claims to not like. not a difficult concept.

in fact it's the exact same story for the bucks' own 2 guard. just because the bucks CAN give more money to middleton or CAN match any offer he's given doesn't mean they HAVE to. it's really, really simple.

nowhere did i say jimmy WONT be in chicago. just saying jimmy will go wherever the money takes him. hell, if the money somehow took him to pakistan we'd be trying to find online streams of his games next year.

nothing that i have said is contradictory. or wrong.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:12:05 AM by WithoutBias »