collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warriors guard Stephen Curry voted NBA MVP for 2014-15  (Read 826 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Warriors guard Stephen Curry voted NBA MVP for 2014-15
« on: May 04, 2015, 08:11:29 PM »
Warriors guard Stephen Curry voted NBA MVP for 2014-15

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12817190/stephen-curry-golden-state-warriors-named-nba-most-valuable-player-2014-15-season

Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry won the NBA's MVP award Monday, beating out Houston's James Harden in a race that turned out to be not that close.

Curry received 100 of 130 first-place votes for a total of 1,198 points from a panel of 129 writers and broadcasters, along with the fan vote on the NBA's website.

"There were obviously good times and bad times. Times I wanted to shut it down," Curry said of his road to becoming an NBA player and league MVP. "It just made me feel like how blessed and thankful I am to be in this position."

Harden, who averaged 27.4 points and said in early April that he had "done enough" to win the MVP award, earned 25 first-place votes and 936 points.

How Stephen Curry went from ignored college recruit to NBA MVP

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-stephen-curry-went-from-ignored-college-recruit-to-possible-nba-mvp-011555328.html

In the past 45 years, a total of five MVPs have come from well outside the college conference power structure:

* Steve Nash of Santa Clara (named MVP twice)
* Karl Malone of Louisiana Tech (also a two-time winner)
* David Robinson of Navy
* Julius Erving of Massachusetts
* Willis Reed of Grambling.

That excludes five MVPs who didn't go to college:

* four-time winner LeBron James
* Kevin Garnett
* Kobe Bryant
* Dirk Nowitzki
* three-time winner Moses Malone.

All of those players were can't-miss stars who could have attended almost any college of their choosing.