collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Direct TV question  (Read 820 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Direct TV question
« on: April 03, 2015, 11:30:22 PM »
I live in downtown Chicago.  Occasionally when I drive by an apartment building you see multi direct tv dishes.  It really clutters the building and detracts from its look. (Saw another earlier tonight which got me thinking about it)

Why aren't all the boxes connected to one dish?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Direct TV question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 11:42:40 PM »
I live in downtown Chicago.  Occasionally when I drive by an apartment building you see multi direct tv dishes.  It really clutters the building and detracts from its look. (Saw another earlier tonight which got me thinking about it)

Why aren't all the boxes connected to one dish?

Because the building isn't hardwired centrally.  That's very expensive and many building owners don't want to do it.  Most certainly it can be done and there are 1000's of buildings across the country that do go down that path, but many do not.  So they allow their tennants to either put their own dish on a balcony or roof.  In those situations, you are probably also seeing DISH Network dishes also...so it's two companies.