collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Draft/Lottery  (Read 2624 times)

jesmu84

• All American
NBA Draft/Lottery
« on: May 19, 2015, 08:04:57 PM »
If you're Towns/Okafor, you absolutely start faking an injury to get out of the #1 pick, right?

brandx

Re: NBA Draft/Lottery
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »
If you're Towns/Okafor, you absolutely start faking an injury to get out of the #1 pick, right?

If you don't like the cold.

Otherwise, Minny is starting to to be able to thrown some impressive talent on the floor.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:22:55 PM »
They're kind of like the Bucks in that they have quite a few exciting pieces that need to gel. I'd argue that their pieces fit into a more cohesive basketball lineup than MKE, since our starting lineup really struggles beyond 5 feet.

If I were Towns/Okafor, I'd feel much better about my chances to become an impact player on a team that has a chance to win in MIN than any of the other top 5 picks.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »
They're kind of like the Bucks in that they have quite a few exciting pieces that need to gel. I'd argue that their pieces fit into a more cohesive basketball lineup than MKE, since our starting lineup really struggles beyond 5 feet.

If I were Towns/Okafor, I'd feel much better about my chances to become an impact player on a team that has a chance to win in MIN than any of the other top 5 picks.

Pack your parka, boots and snow tires. I'll go to the Lakers and take my chances, thank you very much.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 09:31:46 AM »
Native Minnesotan who liked the Lakers as a kid (Magic era) and liked the Lumberpups when they started up.

The Lakers have a tradition of winning and the pups don't.  Plus it's LA vs. Minneapolis.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 09:49:54 AM »
I'll believe the TWolves can start winning when I see it.  Wiggins is really talented, but does he make his teammates and team better?  Rubio is a very good ball handler and distributor, but I'm not sure he's even in the top half of point guards right now (more so because the point guard position in the NBA is stacked and less so Rubio not being good).  When Kevin Martin is your go to guy on offense you aren't very good.  I'm not sold on Levine being much more than a highlight dunker either, although he has the size and athleticism to be a good guard in the NBA.  Towns or Okafor would help down low, but I don't know that a front court of Towns and Pekovic at the 5 with Payne and Young at the 4 will ever be great, and I don't think a back court of Rubio, Wiggins, Martin, and Levine will ever be great.  They have some decent pieces but will they even finish over .500 in the next 5 years?  That's how good the West is right now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 03:55:17 PM »
Lakers will have Julius Randle back, plus the pick, so two young potentially good players.  Kobe to retire soon, free agents to be had, they will be good again soon and more than likely before the T-wolves

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 07:45:09 AM »
The NBA Draft with Minnesota having the first pick...where being Number One makes you feel like Number Two.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 08:15:18 AM »
If the Wolves had stayed even reasonably healthy last year they would have been around a .500 team.  Their opening day roster included Corey Brewer, Kevin Martin, Ricky Rubio, Nikola Pekovic, Shabazz Muhammad, Mo Williams and Thad Young.  Not one of those players managed to play 50 games with the team due to injuries and then trades once they started tanking.  From mid-January or so they basically pieced it together with rookies and journeymen.  Going into next season they will have the last 3 #1 overall picks (assuming they don't trade this year's) and some cap space at their disposal.  Sure most players would rather be in LA than Minnesota, but it won't be a problem if they start winning.  I can pretty much guarantee that almost any player in the NBA would rather play for the Cavs than the Lakers right now and it's not because of the weather.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:37:22 PM by frozena pizza »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 08:37:27 AM »
I thought the Lakers were in Minnesota?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 10:15:16 AM »
Report today is Okafor supposedly will tell the T'wolves not to draft him.

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 10:32:51 AM »
I thought the Lakers were in Minnesota?

i think this covers that move

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ivzrbp_WR8w?version=3&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ivzrbp_WR8w?version=3&amp;autoplay=0</a>
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:42:14 AM by uncle zeffy »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 10:41:19 AM »
Report today is Okafor supposedly will tell the T'wolves not to draft him.

To save face for the fact that Towns was going to be the first pick anyways.  Now Okafor can just tell people "I didn't want to play in Minnesota."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 10:43:00 AM »
Does Okafor (or most other players) care that much about being the first pick in the draft...versus being in say the top five and going where they want to go?

feedback