'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dekker announces he is leaving - Per ESPN  (Read 17685 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Dekker announces he is leaving - Per ESPN
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2015, 10:56:15 PM »
Please tell us what declaring for the NBA can tell us about Dekker's penis size.

That's Sultan's area, he likes talking about penis size.   Brandx can then do the diagnosis on the  penis.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »
They should build out Clap for Credit as a full major.  Golf clap, single hand clap, clap on/clap off light management.

How about just The Clap?

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2015, 11:14:08 PM »
Honestly, tough to cheer for him because of the issues even though he was on the team.  Just calling it like it is

I think I cheered for Mayo only once while he was MU, when he hit a bomb of a 3-pointer in a BE game. I didn't like him from the moment he stepped ion to campus; I don't know why, I just did. I was VERY glad he left last summer..

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2015, 12:24:04 AM »
I think I cheered for Mayo only once while he was MU, when he hit a bomb of a 3-pointer in a BE game. I didn't like him from the moment he stepped ion to campus; I don't know why, I just did. I was VERY glad he left last summer..

I wasn't happy when I heard we were recruiting him.....I'll leave it at that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2015, 07:25:52 AM »
Dekker is the only Badger I've liked since they turned into the heel for me in 2004.

He will be a much better player than Frank and probably drafted before him. I'll even say I'd rather have Dekker than Doug McBuckets on the Bulls.

Dekker clearly was being hindered by the Swing. I've heard Dekker and Bo did not get along after the Association began sniffing around last year.  After that his utilization dropped big time and Frank was the focal point. Once the tournament started, they knew Frank wasn't couldn't win the tournament, so Sam took over.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2015, 09:40:09 AM »
My favorite quote from the comments of the article.

"Sam--I doubt you'll get a chance to read this, but since what I have to say takes than 140 characters to say, I'm going to try anyway. First, as a fellow UW-alum, thank you for staying at home and staying at home as long as you did. Second: a request. As Jay Bilas and many others observed, the closest thing to NBA basketball was played by the Wisconsin Badgers in the semi-final against Kentucky. Henry Ellenson, Kevin Looney, JP Totoko, Diamond Stone; they all should be Badgers today. Please use the example of your experience to convince more of our boys (I'm over 50) to stay home!"

He got 2 of the 4 names spelled correctly.  Surprising to think about the great talent in those 4 players coming out of Wisconsin.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2015, 01:35:02 PM »
Now that he's gone I'll say that I did like Dekker. He just shut his mouth and played unlike a lot of his teammates. He's going to be a much better pro than college player. Bo's system hurt him. If he went to a team like Arizona, no way he stays 3 years.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2015, 12:53:15 AM »
An aside...

Let's look at that "rich" Wisconsin history that may change when Kaminsky and possibly Dekker get drafted.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-baskbl/Badgers-in-the-NBA.html
SS Marquette

boyonthedock

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2015, 04:37:41 AM »
Devin Harris as the most accomplished alum is not a particularly tough bar to overcome.

feedback