[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SHOCKED...SHOCKED I tell ya! UWM-MU game not sold out...not CLOSE  (Read 14616 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

Re: SHOCKED...SHOCKED I tell ya! UWM-MU game not sold out...not CLOSE
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 04:10:06 PM »
I think the Marquette fans are more balanced than crap like this:

The half dozen MU internet lunatics can complain all they want. No sympathy here. MU ducked us for years. They finally succumbed to the public demand for the game. The internet lunatics claim there was no public demand. Really? Well then either Cords and Crean got hornswoggled or they independently determined this was a good series for MU. Your choice, internet lunatics.

Yes, but why post messages there as a Marquette fan? What is the point?  

🏀

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 04:13:41 PM »
I personally enjoy the UWM Post Sports Editor telling us that Madison isn't a rival. Despite the fact that...what...6 or 7 college sports articles/blogs/sites have said that December 8th is a great rivalry game to watch for?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 04:15:14 PM »
My favorite is the last post where a guy claims the MU-UW rivalry is one-sided because his brah's girflfriend who goes to Madison didnt know when the game was.

It always amazes me how the internet can make an individual or group of individuals a spokesperson for an entire fanbase.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 07:27:06 PM »
I still think my favorite "You're not our rival" is Notre Dame.

ND folks say we're not their rival, yet both times I've been there for MU-ND, the place has been jammed to the gills.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 09:19:54 PM »
But I thought every one in Wisconsin wanted to see this game played!  It was guaranteed to sell out!  (sarcasm off)

"There's a lot of money to be made when you have a sellout crowd," Haidet said. "Certainly, I would think that any game played between the two of us is going to be a sellout, wherever it's played."

Frozen Caveman Coach

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 10:21:40 PM »
I think the Marquette fans are more balanced than crap like this:

The half dozen MU internet lunatics can complain all they want. No sympathy here. MU ducked us for years. They finally succumbed to the public demand for the game. The internet lunatics claim there was no public demand. Really? Well then either Cords and Crean got hornswoggled or they independently determined this was a good series for MU. Your choice, internet lunatics.

Yes, but why post messages there as a Marquette fan? What is the point?  

There are more than a few thin skinned MU fans.  UWM has an inferiority complex toward us and dumb posts like this make us look like losers posting on other schools boards. 

Last year there was a guy that got into a spirited exchange with a Kentucky fan on their board telling them how great Crean was and how happy he was that he was staying at Marquette after the Kentucky poster ripped Crean's resume.  The Kent fan basically said get off our board idiot and keep your coach;  we don't want him.  I am sure there are MU fans making us look pathetic on the UW boards too.

themufan1

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 02:15:54 AM »
18,300 in attendance.  A few shy of a sell out, what were we complaining about???

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 02:52:39 AM »
18,300 in attendance.  A few shy of a sell out, what were we complaining about???

I am glad to admit I was wrong on this one.  I thought for sure several thousand seats would remain empty. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 06:47:58 AM »
What are you wrong about...the game didn't sell out.  Next year the game will sell less, as the "novelty" is over and people will be expecting another complete blasting.

The exact same thing happened when I was there. We got 17,000 plus for one game and only a few years later lucky to get 11,500 as the arse whippings were frequent and predictive.