[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Official Transfer Thread  (Read 209325 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Official Transfer Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2015, 08:43:12 PM »
While better from the line than Derrick, Collins also isn't much of a shooter from range. Decent percentage at 33.0% career but only 31 makes in 101 games. Certainly not the sniper some are hoping for.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
Liked his quickness, would not be a bad pick-up, but there maybe others but if I was Wojo I would sniff a little bit.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »
Two 'Cuse sophomores transferring
From ESPN:

Syracuse sophomores B.J. Johnson and Ron Patterson are leaving the program and will look to transfer, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.

Johnson, a 6-foot-7 forward, averaged 4.2 points and 3.2 rebounds this past season. Patterson, a 6-2 guard, averaged 2.6 points and 1.7 assists.

Johnson was the 82nd best player per ESPN (4-star); Patterson was a 4-star from Brewster Prep.

Sounds like Patterson looks to be heading home to an Indy-area school

Johnson transferring to LaSalle.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2015, 02:46:32 AM »
Not immediately eligible, but

Fordham Rams freshman Eric Paschall, the Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year, announced Monday that he would be exploring a transfer from the school.

6'6" averaged 16pts/5.5 rbs. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »
Not immediately eligible, but

Fordham Rams freshman Eric Paschall, the Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year, announced Monday that he would be exploring a transfer from the school.

6'6" averaged 16pts/5.5 rbs.  

I think the Fordham coach got fired?

MUFlutieEffect

• Team Captain
    • The Flutie Effect
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2015, 07:19:19 AM »
The Flutie Effect: "A significant and positive correlation between a university having a successful team and higher quality of incoming freshmen, alumni donations, and graduation rates."

- The Economist, January 3rd, 2007

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2015, 08:01:25 AM »
Question guys.  What university circumstances typically justify players getting immediate transfer rights?  That is, what allows them NOT to have to sit out a year?  Ignore the graduate transfer situation in this discussion.  I know all the Penn State football players were immediately eligible following Sandusky.  I wouldn't suppose a coach getting fired does the trick.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2015, 08:14:37 AM »
Question guys.  What university circumstances typically justify players getting immediate transfer rights?  That is, what allows them NOT to have to sit out a year?  Ignore the graduate transfer situation in this discussion.  I know all the Penn State football players were immediately eligible following Sandusky.  I wouldn't suppose a coach getting fired does the trick.

The Penn State situation was unique.  The NCAA decided to not penalize the players who were at Penn State to keep them from suffering the consequences for an action that they were not involved in.

Otherwise, a player would need a waiver of the transfer rule to be immediately eligible.  But someone just posted that the waiver rule for regular transfers was dropped by the NCAA, so no more immediate transfers except for the graduate transfer exception.

The coach getting fired thing often leads to incoming players who signed a LOI to attend a school, but who haven't enrolled getting released from their LOI so that they can attend elsewhere and be immediately eligible, i.e. Ahmed Hill and Satchel Pierce.

I think that the NCAA may allow for immediate eligibility for current players when the coach is fired in the limited circumstance where the coach who is fired also happens to be the player's dad.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:28:21 AM by LittleWade »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2015, 08:26:42 AM »
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12545625/fordham-freshman-eric-paschall-atlantic-10-rookie-year-considers-transfer-fordham-rams-college-basketball

Yeah, they let him go last week.  Looks like Paschall is only "exploring" a transfer - he might end up back at Fordham.

Paschall's almost certainly gone, even if he doesn't realize it yet himself.  An A10 rookie of the year is available for three more years as a transfer.  Blood is in the water and the sharks will come.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2015, 08:27:18 AM »
The NCAA just changed the rule to eliminate all hardship waivers.  I don't know if that impacts the special circumstances like Penn State, but it would mean no waivers for a normal coaching change.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-drops-immediate-eligibility-hardship-waiver-for-transfers-191437627.html

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2015, 08:40:11 AM »
Paschall's almost certainly gone, even if he doesn't realize it yet himself.  An A10 rookie of the year is available for three more years as a transfer.  Blood is in the water and the sharks will come.

And a couple of those sharks play in the Big East and have already put the hard sell on him.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2015, 09:05:35 AM »
The NCAA just changed the rule to eliminate all hardship waivers.  I don't know if that impacts the special circumstances like Penn State, but it would mean no waivers for a normal coaching change.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-drops-immediate-eligibility-hardship-waiver-for-transfers-191437627.html

The one place we might see an exception this year is SMU. If they end up on probation, their players may be allowed to transfer with immediate eligibility. Seems like if something goes wrong and it's on the university, they are more likely to be lenient on the kids.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  1h1 hour ago
USF point guard Anthony Collins will transfer, per the school. Immediately eligible for next season.

Anybody seen this guy play?
Not a bad line -- 7.1 ppg, 5.2 apg, 1.5spg

Anthony Collins was one of the three potential PG grad transfers I mentioned a month ago. 
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=46637.msg702737#msg702737
Jalan West from Northwestern St. and Nic Moore at SMU were the only other ones.  Collins is probably the best we're going to get on the grad transfer market, unless Moore decides to transfer.  FWIW, Collins is from Houston, Jalan West is from Louisiana, and Moore is from Warsaw, Indiana.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »
On one of the subjects--Shonn Miller of Cornell was mentioned. I believe he was a transfer graduate. Anyone have up to date info on this.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  11m11 minutes ago
Providence forward Tyler Harris is transferring, school announces.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2015, 12:14:33 PM »
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  11m11 minutes ago
Providence forward Tyler Harris is transferring, school announces.

This I did not see coming. Lose Henton, Derosiers, Harris, and possibly Dunn. Junior Lomomba better be ready to step up and haunt Marquette for overlooking him.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  6m6 minutes ago
Dayton's Detwon Rogers is transferring, source told ESPN.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  6m6 minutes ago
Jevon Thomas and Tre Harris both transferring from Kansas State.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  3m3 minutes ago
Lakeem Alston is leaving St. Bonaventure. @WojYahooNBA will be devastated.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  4m4 minutes ago
George Washington also losing freshman wing Darian Bryant via transfer - along with Nick Griffin.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  2m2 minutes ago
UMass guard Derrick Gordon told ESPN he is transferring. Gordon eligible immediately next season.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:18:36 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2015, 01:30:59 PM »
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  6m6 minutes ago
Dayton's Detwon Rogers is transferring, source told ESPN.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  6m6 minutes ago
Jevon Thomas and Tre Harris both transferring from Kansas State.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  3m3 minutes ago
Lakeem Alston is leaving St. Bonaventure. @WojYahooNBA will be devastated.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  4m4 minutes ago
George Washington also losing freshman wing Darian Bryant via transfer - along with Nick Griffin.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  2m2 minutes ago
UMass guard Derrick Gordon told ESPN he is transferring. Gordon eligible immediately next season.

Thanks for doing this...keep em' coming.

As for this list, nobody really catches my eye after a quick glance.  Gordon wouldn't be awful, but his numbers are fairly pedestrian. I do think a true PG is necessary, so my guess is Wojo will scoop up someone.  Hopefully someone with an impact like Carlino.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2015, 01:42:25 PM »
This I did not see coming. Lose Henton, Derosiers, Harris, and possibly Dunn. Junior Lomomba better be ready to step up and haunt Marquette for overlooking him.

I think Harris first announced he planned to leave back in January. He was never going to be back.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2015, 01:46:44 PM »
Cluster for ISU is out as well
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »

Even if Marquette wanted Junior Lomomba wouldn't it have been very unlikely due to his AAU coach's fiasco with Buzz over Maymon?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2015, 04:52:08 PM »
I think Harris first announced he planned to leave back in January. He was never going to be back.

Really?

I consider myself to be actively involved in Big East info and don't remember this being announced back then. On top of that, it was never mentioned in the PC games I watched and you'd think it would be considering how strange it is to leave a program after second semester starts (see: Jaren Sina) and even stranger to then stay and complete the season. I must have been distracted by the lull in optimistic MU news and zoned out on this tidbit.  :)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2015, 04:55:00 PM »
Even if Marquette wanted Junior Lomomba wouldn't it have been very unlikely due to his AAU coach's fiasco with Buzz over Maymon?

No shot on either side. I'd wager most MU fans didn't even know Lomomba was at PC and fewer still even noticed him when he was on the court against us.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2015, 05:57:12 PM »
No shot on either side. I'd wager most MU fans didn't even know Lomomba was at PC and fewer still even noticed him when he was on the court against us.

The last I had heard, Lomomba was headed to Cleveland State.  Any idea how that ended up being Providence?  Did he transfer?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  2h2 hours ago
The transfer epidemic is hurting our sport. Kudos to the NCAA for finally taking action and ending this nonsense. No place for it in CBB.

Also from the NCAA: graduate transfers will still have immediate eligibility for next season, but waivers are currently done. Thank God!

Best news I've gotten today: the NCAA will no longer grant immediate eligibility for four-year transfers starting during the 15-16 season.

feedback