Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nick N back at Sun Prairie  (Read 11896 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Nick N back at Sun Prairie
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »
That the coach isn't playing a kid who just rejoined the team for the first time in going on 2 months? Smart move by the coach.

The whole thing. Not just NN riding the bench for a game.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »
The whole thing. Not just NN riding the bench for a game.

I agree, it's a strange situation. One month he's thanking Wojo and others for their support during his battle with depression. The next month he's ripping his dad saying he was never depressed. Add to that some of the replies on his twitter, Wojo heavily recruiting PGs and there seems to be more to the story. That said, I really don't care, if he can play I'm all for him heading to MU.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
I agree, it's a strange situation. One month he's thanking Wojo and others for their support during his battle with depression. The next month he's ripping his dad saying he was never depressed. Add to that some of the replies on his twitter, Wojo heavily recruiting PGs and there seems to be more to the story. That said, I really don't care, if he can play I'm all for him heading to MU.

I think we are going to need another PG regardless of NN showing up on campus as this year has shown. Duane can play combo guard (although I do like his ability to slash in the PG role a lot) but someone with a bit more experience would be nice too (preferably a Nic Moore). Frosh need time to Frosh (well at least those not named Henry Ellenson).

Excited to see NN get to campus (and perhaps away from whatever distractions are/were getting to him) and excited to see the recruiting plans going forward.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 11:42:01 AM »
I think we are going to need another PG regardless of NN showing up on campus as this year has shown. Duane can play combo guard (although I do like his ability to slash in the PG role a lot) but someone with a bit more experience would be nice too (preferably a Nic Moore). Frosh need time to Frosh (well at least those not named Henry Ellenson).

Excited to see NN get to campus (and perhaps away from whatever distractions are/were getting to him) and excited to see the recruiting plans going forward.

Yeah, it started with Juco PGs, which I agree would be great. But I believe Wojo has recently offered high school PGs. Duane has a great handle, not like D Wilson's but close. I don't see why he wouldn't be a great scoring PG, haven't seen one of those since Dominic.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »
Yeah, it started with Juco PGs, which I agree would be great. But I believe Wojo has recently offered high school PGs. Duane has a great handle, not like D Wilson's but close. I don't see why he wouldn't be a great scoring PG, haven't seen one of those since Dominic.
Good comparison between Duane and Dom. Duane is a better shooter and FT shooter than Dom was. Dom was more athletic, but not by much. Dom a better ball handler, but not by much. Dom a better defender, but Duane has definitely improved. Playing more man D has helped Duane improve. Speed/quickness, would give a slight edge to Duane.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 02:05:26 PM »
Have to seriously wonder if he ever makes it to campus.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »
Hopefully he will have a successful senior year from this point, and makes it to campus. But banking on a freshman to come in and take the PG position from day 1 is not realistic. Hell: look at our frosh recently, none did all that well their first year. Vander was probably the best in the last few years and he had plenty of struggles.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
As Al used to say "let the players play."  The best players will play.  Each year you toss the new players in the mix and see who's the best.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 06:26:53 PM »

I don't appreciate the negativity.  But given the breaking news, I have to acknowledge that you're an effective prophet.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2015, 06:28:16 PM »
Next man up
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2015, 06:36:44 PM »
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013