[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Milwaukee Approves Streetcar. Connect it to Bradley Center 2.0?  (Read 32461 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Milwaukee Approves Streetcar. Connect it to Bradley Center 2.0?
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2015, 08:18:27 AM »
Right, that is my point about the leadership, you gotta make tough calls.  The city and county can't say they don't have enough revenue, they just have to make sound decisions.

We have the population density to support mass transit, we just have morons in charge who can't take leadership positions on anything.

I know this might end up down a political path, but what has the city or county of Milwaukee "accomplished" in the last 20 years?  I've only lived in Milwaukee since 1999 and I see incremental improvements, but I really can't figure out what the leadership of this area has accomplished other than not having it turn into Detroit.

That bold part is actually important and fairly impressive.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2015, 08:52:07 AM »
Detroit guy here. The city is making a huge comeback and there's been a lot of investment made both publicly and privately to make sure this happens. Ironically, two of the things that you guys seem to argue about most (streetcar and a new stadium) Detroit has already broken ground on both projects.

Our streetcar is in it's initial phase and is going to be roughly 4 miles long going right up Woodward Ave which is the main street in DET. There's plans to expand it to the suburbs, but for now going from Downtown to Midtown is plenty. And the new Red Wings stadium is going to be incredible. Not only are the investing in the actual stadium, but there's plans to build 4 neighborhoods around it. The future is bright here in Motown and I'm excited to watch it unfold.
Bring back FFP!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
Detroit guy here. The city is making a huge comeback and there's been a lot of investment made both publicly and privately to make sure this happens.

Of course, you can only go up so any progress is progress.  The governance of the city was a disaster for 50 years.  A long uphill battle, but it appears some of the adults are finally in charge, even though they are getting in their own way from time to time as well.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2015, 09:23:25 AM »
Of course, you can only go up so any progress is progress.  The governance of the city was a disaster for 50 years.  A long uphill battle, but it appears some of the adults are finally in charge, even though they are getting in their own way from time to time as well.

Mike Duggan is the man
Bring back FFP!!!