[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What the Hell?  (Read 6797 times)

wadesworld

• All American
What the Hell?
« on: February 03, 2015, 06:21:47 PM »
Watching the IU vs. UW game on ESPN.  Middle of a timeout Dan Dakich went and did an on-court demonstration as to why the UW offense is so efficient.  They had cones set up where UW's offensive players were set up, and UW's huddle was covering up part of his demonstration.  That was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in my life.  There's no way that should be happening in the middle of a game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
Re: What the Hell?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »
Sorry, should be in the Super Bar.  Feel free to move it there Mods.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 06:23:08 PM »
Watching the IU vs. UW game on ESPN.  Middle of a timeout Dan Dakich went and did an on-court demonstration as to why the UW offense is so efficient.  They had cones set up where UW's offensive players were set up, and UW's huddle was covering up part of his demonstration.  That was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in my life.  There's no way that should be happening in the middle of a game.

Seen him do something like this last year. So stupid.

That guy is a clown as is, don't need him demonstrating basketball as well.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 06:24:46 PM »
Seen him do something like this last year. So stupid.

That guy is a clown as is, don't need him demonstrating basketball as well.

Really?  I have never seen anything like that in any sport in my life, at any level.  Obviously you see it all the time when nobody is in the arena.  But at the under 12 timeout for your color guy to walk out on the court, set up cones, and demonstrate what the UW offense is doing seems absurd.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 06:29:39 PM »
Yet you came on to this board and posted not only what he did but what his objective was.  And your wingman remembered some similar commentary from years past.

Sounds like a pretty good broadcaster to me. As was Al. Bill Walton. It's entertainment.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:31:47 PM by Knight Commission »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 06:37:12 PM »
Yet you came on to this board and posted not only what he did but what his objective was.  And your wingman remembered some similar commentary from years past.

Sounds like a pretty good broadcaster to me. As was Al. Bill Walton. It's entertainment.

What are you talking about?  I literally have no idea what the point of your post is.  And I had no idea I had a wingman.  I didn't say anything about Dan Dakich's knowledge of the game.  I think Jay Bilas is the most knowledgable college analyst out there.  I love listening to Reggie Miller do the NBA.  If either of those guys did the same thing I would make an identical post.  Having an in-game demonstration on the middle of the court during a timeout is absurd.  Regardless of who is doing it.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 06:41:47 PM »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »
Really?  I have never seen anything like that in any sport in my life, at any level.  Obviously you see it all the time when nobody is in the arena.  But at the under 12 timeout for your color guy to walk out on the court, set up cones, and demonstrate what the UW offense is doing seems absurd.

Yup seen it at least one other time may have been during a big gopher game don't remember but it was nuts.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »

Did Crean/IU learn anything?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 06:44:39 PM »

Unfortunately for him it was on the opposite end of the court.  Would've been smart of him to walk out to the middle of the court and watch the demonstration.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 06:46:47 PM »

Let's put it this way. You and wade are one of a few  who would love to listen to George Will call a baseball game.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 06:48:01 PM »
[/quote

Nah, too busy clappin'.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 06:48:30 PM »
Let's put it this way. You and wade are one of a few would love to listen to George Will call a baseball game.

And you are the only one who would defend Dan Jockitch.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 06:50:01 PM »
Let's put it this way. You and wade are one of a few  who would love to listen to George Will call a baseball game.

Don't even know who that is so...

chapman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 06:50:10 PM »
Not on court, but anyone remember when Majerus brought a dollhouse to the announcers' table to do a demonstration?  Think he was trying to explain our defense.  It was WVU @ MU in '07, http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=270130269

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 06:51:42 PM »
And you are the only one who would defend Dan Jockitch.

He has a pretty nice gig with ESPN, Big Ten Network, doesn't he?

Boone

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 07:00:20 PM »
Don't know what's more moronic: this topic, or the admission of not knowing who George Will is.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 07:10:41 PM »
Don't know what's more moronic: this topic, or the admission of not knowing who George Will is.

Don't really care which you think is more moronic.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 07:21:22 PM »
 Brilliant comeback. Almost as clever as something George Will would have thought up.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 07:23:20 PM »
Brilliant comeback. Almost as clever as something George Will would have thought up.

:-*

Boone

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »
No, thanks. Who knows where you've been.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »
Who would have thought this thread would have a better chance of getting locked than the vaccination and tax deductions threads

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 07:50:50 PM »
You know who's a good looking man? George Will.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 08:18:05 PM »
Oh yeah.  Did you know, George Will and Wilt Chamberlain are dueling for most sexual conquests in a lifetime?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 11:09:02 PM »
Does anyone know if George Will played high school basketball? 

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 08:13:50 AM »

I think Dakich does that on every broadcast he's on - I've seen him do that many times

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 09:00:25 AM »

no you aren't over-reacting-imho-but we could work on this and try to make some stuff up on how it could really really become lame, like having katy perry's sharks take the place of the cones and...well you get my drift. but then, as we think that is really really lame, we'll see it happen during the final four?  whatever happened to madden's telestrator?
don't...don't don't don't don't