'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler Box Score  (Read 9440 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Butler Box Score
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »
How 'bout dumpster fires?

Those are easy.   Stand back, lob water, turn it into a giant polluted spa.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
My priorities are fine.   It is the citizenry who don't realize how important MU games are.    Bastages.

Always the truth. Couldn't wait to use their rickety dryer until after the game, could they?

Fellow firefighter here also, albeit a volunteer.  Father was a Chicago Fire Fighter.  Dryers and basement fires suck.

+1

The last 4 minutes of Butler was that basement fire where the truck company can't get you any ventilation and you lose the stairs. Just not remotely fun.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 02:48:53 PM »
In almost 25 years of fighting fire, the only helmet I have melted happened at a basement fire.   Old Midwestern basements with tiny windows, often glass block.    No place for the heat to vent, so you are walking down into the oven via the only exit route for the heat and smoke.    Then, when you hit the fire, you still have the problem of where all of the steam is going to go.   Actually, it isn't really a problem, you are just going to have to take the heat.    Because in most old basements, even if you take all of the windows, that still isn't sufficient exhaust portals.     Big fun.     Thankfully, the one that caused me to miss the Butler game was much smaller.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 04:12:54 PM »
I'm on the truck now and we always scout basement exteriors to gameplan for ventilation. Between the glass block, bars on the windows, and awkward angles from sunken windows, it's a pain. We always plan to bring a box fan to suck out as much heat as we can. Even if it burns up the fan, anything to relieve the heat for the engine.

Stuff like that is why I trade off gamedays. The last one I worked was Creighton last New Year's. House full of Badger fans and we caught a 2-hour run in the middle of the game. I got back and they just loved watching me watch that awful game. Now the only places I watch Marquette are at home or at the BC.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.