Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Steve  (Read 18323 times)

MattyWarrior

• All American
Re: Steve
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 11:22:53 AM »
He looked better at Simeon in high school, he could rebound and finish,somethings wrong.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 12:34:13 PM »
When did that happen?

Most of his career he has had knee issues.  It's chronic and probably won't ever get better.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »
You have got to be kidding. Love Steve, but he was awful last year on offense. Missed about two thirds of his lay ups. Maybe it's injuries, maybe his freshman year was a mirage.

Not sure what I stated is diametrically opposed to what you just stated above.  I am just saying he has lost a lot of confidence in his shot.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 06:53:22 PM »
Right after Matty hit the three FTW, Steve hobbled to his feet.  Pretty clear he's "playing" hurt.

I noticed that too when watching the replay.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 07:22:13 PM »
But that was supposed to help Lazar

Post of the year

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2015, 07:55:46 PM »
He's hurt.  Don't you think he wants to please all us Scoopers if he could?

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2015, 09:51:02 PM »
I felt Steve came back too soon last year from his surgery. Would have preferred to see him redshirt, and take the year to get physically strong.  It appears to me that he is damaged goods physically. I like him a lot and think he still has something to offer as a mid range jump shooter.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 11:57:33 PM »
But....it was Buzz that suggested the redshirt.   And everyone knows if Buzz suggested it last year, it was, by definition, wrong.    ::)    Seeing how he played last year and how this year is going, IMO a strong case can be made that he should have taken the redshirt. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2015, 12:19:17 AM »
But....it was Buzz that suggested the redshirt.   And everyone knows if Buzz suggested it last year, it was, by definition, wrong.    ::)    Seeing how he played last year and how this year is going, IMO a strong case can be made that he should have taken the redshirt. 

I heard he forced Duane into it as well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 08:06:29 AM »

This is true. My sources tell me Buzz told Duane that if Duane didn't redshirt, Buzz would go to Duane's family's house every night and dance in their living room.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:06 AM »
This is true. My sources tell me Buzz told Duane that if Duane didn't redshirt, Buzz would go to Duane's family's house every night and dance in their living room.

Source?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:54 AM »

"Forced" is a bit of a strong word.  Duane didn't want to, but I think the people around him knew it was best.  Thank goodness.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 09:54:45 AM »

"Forced" is a bit of a strong word.  Duane didn't want to, but I think the people around him knew it was best.  Thank goodness.
Opinion, Sultan. If you believe that, that is your business. But Buzz did not do it with Duane's best interest in mind. Buzz already was in exit mode early in the year. But you keep fooling yourself about the integrity of the phony cowboy. After all, his integrity has shown itself really well: "I'll be at MU as long as they want me", and bad mouthing the BEast as he is headed out the door, are just a couple of examples of his downhome integrity.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2015, 09:59:22 AM »
Opinion, Sultan. If you believe that, that is your business. But Buzz did not do it with Duane's best interest in mind. 

What's your theory as to why Buzz was motivated to have Duane redshirt?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
Post of the year

while good not even close to the bar set by Benny's troll

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2015, 01:20:13 PM »
while good not even close to the bar set by Benny's troll

I'll bet Lazar knew you were going to say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2015, 01:21:22 PM »
What's your theory as to why Buzz was motivated to have Duane redshirt?
How soon you forget Sultan. Posted last year a couple times to which you responded. No sense to hash that over. Since the phony one has moved on, I have also. BTW, how is the Buzzster doing these days?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2015, 01:33:13 PM »
Source?

If I revealed my source, I'd have to kill all Scoopers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2015, 01:34:02 PM »
How soon you forget Sultan. Posted last year a couple times to which you responded. No sense to hash that over. Since the phony one has moved on, I have also. BTW, how is the Buzzster doing these days?

That isn't true.  Last year you never provided an explanation for why it benefited Buzz to supposedly "force" Duane to redshirt.  You went on a rant that he owed the MU fanbase an explanation - even though everyone knew why.  He was coming off an injury.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »

That isn't true.  Last year you never provided an explanation for why it benefited Buzz to supposedly "force" Duane to redshirt.  You went on a rant that he owed the MU fanbase an explanation - even though everyone knew why.  He was coming off an injury.

Typical slurper response.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »
I criticized Buzz for a lot of things last year but the Duane redshirt was not one of them.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2015, 01:40:38 PM »

No, you never posted a reason - just stated it as a fact.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 01:48:08 PM »
Opinion, Sultan. If you believe that, that is your business. But Buzz did not do it with Duane's best interest in mind. Buzz already was in exit mode early in the year. But you keep fooling yourself about the integrity of the phony cowboy. After all, his integrity has shown itself really well: "I'll be at MU as long as they want me", and bad mouthing the BEast as he is headed out the door, are just a couple of examples of his downhome integrity.

You crack me up, Willie. Out of one side of you mouth comes the "fact" that the administration showed Buzz the door. Out of the other side comes the "fact" that Buzz deserted MU. That's a contradiction, Willie. Both "facts" can't be true. Even to the most irrational hater.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »
I felt Steve came back too soon last year from his surgery. Would have preferred to see him redshirt, and take the year to get physically strong.  It appears to me that he is damaged goods physically. I like him a lot and think he still has something to offer as a mid range jump shooter.

God, if only Steve had redshirted. McKay (a much, much better player) stays, we win a bunch more games last year (this year, too). Remember, Buzz was the one insisting Taylor was hurt. Steve said no, but he sure played like it. Still is.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
In hindsight, Steve probably would have benefited from a redshirt. But that's the benefit of hindsight. Thank god we got Duane redshirtted instead of wasting a year of eligibility on a season that was going nowhere.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback