collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New Arena Location Reported  (Read 10094 times)

brandx

Re: New Arena Location Reported
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 04:32:01 PM »
It is common in this state and others for politicians from both sides to give tax money to businesses either to entice them to relocate or to help them when they want to improve their business.

That was my point of my "Priceless"comment. Not about the political "process" - but about the fact that a man who is all about offering tax incentives to business may not do so because he is having a hissy fit. Can't they be adults and maybe, I don't know, look at the economic issues here instead of pouting?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 04:51:48 PM »
Can't they be adults and maybe, I don't know, look at the economic issues here instead of pouting?

Nope.

Also, the whole Public Funding of Arenas Is Evil and Must Be Destroyed thing has become just another thing that people line up either in favor of or against. Each side props up their economic impact studies while steadfastly refusing to hear criticisms of the studies that they likely selected more for their conclusions than for their merit, and then the whole process devolves into a pissing match.

Besides, the Bucks owner wanted whatever $16k worth of donations buys you in access(corruption) to a political party. The folks with Rs next to their name would just prefer that he paid the corruption money to them next time. Expecting politicians to not be political is... unlikely to bear fruit.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »
Not exactly an unbiased article, but he asks some good questions.

http://urbanmilwaukee.com/2014/12/02/murphys-law-how-will-nba-arena-benefit-the-city/

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »
Looks like the new owners are pledging another 50 million so that's a total of 350 million and the arena is supposed to cost 400. If all they need is another 50 mill then I don't see how this doesn't go down.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/23/report-bucks-owners-pledge-another-50-million-toward-new-arena/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Bring back FFP!!!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 02:49:32 PM »
Great news. I honestly thought Kohl would up his contribution before the new owners. I still think later on Kohl will increase his amount.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 04:24:17 PM »
they probably determined the cost was more like $500m-$600m so they needed to bump their share

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 05:04:49 PM »
they probably determined the cost was more like $500m-$600m so they needed to bump their share
No real needed

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 06:10:03 PM »
Great news. I honestly thought Kohl would up his contribution before the new owners. I still think later on Kohl will increase his amount.

Yeah I always figured he'd see how much they can get without him contributing more and he'd fund the rest when it came down to crunch time.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 06:34:19 PM »
i was hoping they could figure something out for the lakefront.  i know it's a one-way destination, but summerfest and fireworks seem to be able to handle it.  it would be pretty cool if they could enhance the skyline from the lake.  i'm just not sure what kind of land is available for this kind of structure. politics/money plays a BIG part of course.  sorry if this has been talked about and beat up already
don't...don't don't don't don't