[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another Wojo clunker....  (Read 16674 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Re: Huh, jesmu84?
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 02:05:20 PM »
Anderson and Wilson play the lion share of the minutes and go combined 1 for 12 in the biggest game of their senior year and we only had three years of film in prior years to decipher that there was a high probability that they would deliver a similar performance today.  

I'm so sorry for making such a "dumb" comment(s) Jesmu and others....Wojo sure earned his lofty salary today by showing he is smarter than me and so many others burdened with common sense.  

MU fans have really showed how much they believe in our coach today too by not showing up in a see of red in-spite of tens of thousands of BADger fans going to the Big 10 Championship game today.  

Sad, sad day for Marquette.....next year Wisconsin wins three in a row.....too bad we blew the Shaka hire with the stupid "done deal" leak.  

Not a sad day at all. I took UW and gave the points. Granted, I sweated it out. If you really though we could win this game you are crazy. I am surprised it was that close.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 02:11:36 PM »
Anderson and Wilson play the lion share of the minutes and go combined 1 for 12 in the biggest game of their senior year and we only had three years of film in prior years to decipher that there was a high probability that they would deliver a similar performance today.  

I'm so sorry for making such a "dumb" comment(s) Jesmu and others....Wojo sure earned his lofty salary today by showing he is smarter than me and so many others burdened with common sense.  

MU fans have really showed how much they believe in our coach today too by not showing up in a see of red in-spite of tens of thousands of BADger fans going to the Big 10 Championship game today.  

Sad, sad day for Marquette.....next year Wisconsin wins three in a row.....too bad we blew the Shaka hire with the stupid "done deal" leak.  

Unintentionally, the funniest post of the year.

duanewade

• Team Captain
Re: Another Wojo clunker....
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 01:45:41 PM »
I don't suppose I'll get an apology for not living in the "board bubble" which is impervious to anything that criticizes a current coach, his style of play, his recruits, his coaching decisions, etc. 

However in the real world actions have consequences as we saw today when we lost our most talented player. People will spin that this was not a big loss but it was a huge one as his talent is not replaceable and Wojo's style of play and refusal to play him over inferior players gave him no choice except to be no longer loyal to a program that he was very loyal to.

Non MU friends of mine all objectively said that MU's offense sucked on Saturday and you have to score at least 50-60 points even on your worst games regardless of size and who you are playing.

Wojo might have a master plan but he needs to stop putting a square peg in a round hole and keep stop trying to make Marquette into Duke and instead keep Marquette as the inner city up tempo, athletic team we've had most successful with in the past.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
I don't suppose I'll get an apology for not living in the "board bubble" which is impervious to anything that criticizes a current coach, his style of play, his recruits, his coaching decisions, etc. 

However in the real world actions have consequences as we saw today when we lost our most talented player.

Duane Wilson is transferring too???!!!???  OH NOOOO!!!!!

People will spin that this was not a big loss but it was a huge one as his talent is not replaceable and Wojo's style of play and refusal to play him over inferior players gave him no choice except to be no longer loyal to a program that he was very loyal to.

What on God's green earth lead you to believe that Deonte Burton deserved playing time this year?  His shooting, rebounding and defense has all been very poor.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 01:49:42 PM »

However in the real world actions have consequences as we saw today when we lost our most talented player. People will spin that this was not a big loss but it was a huge one as his talent is not replaceable and Wojo's style of play and refusal to play him over inferior players gave him no choice except to be no longer loyal to a program that he was very loyal to.

Non MU friends of mine all objectively said that MU's offense sucked on Saturday and you have to score at least 50-60 points even on your worst games regardless of size and who you are playing.

Wojo might have a master plan but he needs to stop putting a square peg in a round hole and keep stop trying to make Marquette into Duke and instead keep Marquette as the inner city up tempo, athletic team we've had most successful with in the past.

Yea you're not getting any apology.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 01:52:59 PM »

Deonte is my favorite player, but he hasn't been very good this year.

Hard to give him minutes when he's bad. I can't really put that on Wojo.

I hope Deonte's okay (personally), and I hope he finds a good place to land.

brandx

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

We were up tempo and terrible in the first few games. Burton was one of the guys who couldn't play that way.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 02:07:08 PM »

the number 2 team in the country also failed to score 50-60 points on Saturday

GOO

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »

Troll on.  I guess this applies to UW as well, who only scored 49 against a very small MU team.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 04:17:55 PM »

Can't fault you for no bubble but can laugh at plenty of your previous posts through the years and call you impatient on a rebuilding project
Maigh Eo for Sam

GOO

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 04:22:25 PM »
Can't fault you for no bubble but can laugh at plenty of your previous posts through the years and call you impatient on a rebuilding project
Or just call him the biggest Troll on muscoop. I wish the power that be would ban him, as there can't be any doubt about what he is or who he cheers for.... and it aint MU

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 08:01:17 PM »
A stupid comment "should be stated as such." What the hell does that mean?

It means one is free to post stupid opinions but others are also free, if not duty bound to call those posts stupid. 

I love that some believe that the right to free speech somehow gives them the right to free speech without consequence.  The original post was completely off base and ridiculously over the top. It is completely fair for others to attack it.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2014, 02:18:42 AM »
Can you get Breckenridge at Discount Liquor?

Does the Walmart Jewelry counter have Tiffany cuff links?

Death on call

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 02:13:45 PM »
Can you get Breckenridge at Discount Liquor?

actually I believe you can

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »

You have obviously never been to Discount Liquor.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »
You have obviously never been to Discount Liquor.

Really is one of the better liquor store(s) in the midwest.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2014, 02:40:10 PM »
We call discount the candy store. It's actually a really good liquor store.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »
Really is one of the better liquor store(s) in the midwest.

And walking distance from jsglow's boyhood home.   ;D  That's where my father-in-law bought his cases of Schlitz (and then Blatz).

Arguably his family's most frequently patronized business establishment.  Trips to Kohl's for groceries were merely biweekly.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2014, 02:42:15 PM »
You've been away too long Keefe.  Discount Liquor has the deepest offerings of beer in MKE area.

Ooooops.  Didn't see the other responses.  But seriously Keefe.....a world traveler such as yourself?????  How did Discount Liquor get by you?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:44:05 PM by Ellenson for an mu-rara »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
But Discount has got to have the cheesiest TV commercials