[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Matt V on Haanif - [JSONLINE link]  (Read 2422 times)

Benny B

• All American
Matt V on Haanif - [JSONLINE link]
« on: December 02, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Matt V on Haanif - [JSONLINE link]
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 11:36:13 AM »
My biggest takeaway from this is that I really like the fact that that Haanif, Henry, Nick and Matt talk every day and already have a group chat. Family.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »
So what appears to be obvious is that MJS will certainly entertain pieces on Marquette. Did Mike Hunt just decide that he was not going to provide anything, or at least of limited substance?  It is shocking the night and day published coverage between Matty V and MIke Hunt.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »
So what appears to be obvious is that MJS will certainly entertain pieces on Marquette. Did Mike Hunt just decide that he was not going to provide anything, or at least of limited substance?  It is shocking the night and day published coverage between Matty V and MIke Hunt.

Could it be that the previous regime didn't offer Hunt the same access that Matty V is getting. 

It is great to be getting real info from our beat writer.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
Was this in the actual paper edition?  or just online?  Regardless the MU coverage from Matt V this year has been fantastic.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 12:08:03 PM »
I read it in the print version this morning.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »
Straight for Haanif's mouth to pump you up for next season:

"We've got a really good class coming in — me, Henry (Ellenson), Nick (Noskowiak) and Matt (Heldt)," Cheatham said. "We talk every day. We have a group chat, so I know we're going to have good chemistry coming in.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 12:20:26 PM »

The situation re: Hunt has been discussed on Scoop over the past year... I'm not going to dig out the old threads, but from what I recall, the underlying fact was that the J-S was reorganizing roles and Hunt probably wasn't happy about being put on a beat after being a long-time columnist.  

Some have speculated that the previous coaching regime had been less-than-kind to the local media, but I think that's garbage since Rosiak happened to do just fine with the same folks when he had the beat.  However, there might be some truth to the reasoning that Hunt and Enlund made more than a few lazy mistakes/errors in their reporting and our former OCD, detail-oriented coach took offense to that.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »
The situation re: Hunt has been discussed on Scoop over the past year... I'm not going to dig out the old threads, but from what I recall, the underlying fact was that the J-S was reorganizing roles and Hunt probably wasn't happy about being put on a beat after being a long-time columnist.  

Some have speculated that the previous coaching regime had been less-than-kind to the local media, but I think that's garbage since Rosiak happened to do just fine with the same folks when he had the beat.  However, there might be some truth to the reasoning that Hunt and Enlund made more than a few lazy mistakes/errors in their reporting and our former OCD, detail-oriented coach took offense to that.

A little from column A and a little from column B.  Mike Hunt didn't want to be doing that stuff so he mailed it in.  As part of that, the regime was not interested in helping what was perceived as adversarial journalism but was really indifferent journalism.

I'd recommend people contact the JS and let them know how appreciated the coverage is and given them page views...only way to encourage this stuff.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."