[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Do you want Ners banned?

Yes
161 (53.7%)
No
139 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 298

Voting closed: November 25, 2014, 11:21:46 AM

Author Topic: Should Ners be banned?  (Read 54009 times)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Re: Should Ners be banned?
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »
 But Ners once played basketball and now enjoys hot yoga, so he sees things our coaches don't.

For the hot yoga alone, Ners should stay.  Do you know how much tail is in hot yoga? (sorry if the language offends you, Chick).
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MrSquido50

• Walk-On
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
Don't post often obviously but really enjoy reading contrasting opinions except the usual couple folks I have on ignore.  Every once in a while I will bring them back on board just to verify the reasons I have them on ignore in the first place. Then I am reminded of the famous Einstein quote on insanity about "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  That is how I feel about any thread that Ners is actively participating in. Tied for first place is you know who.

I voted to ban - Pete Rose lifetime ban if it is available.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2014, 03:36:22 PM »
I enjoy Ners perspectives on MU basketball.My only advice is that he may want to change his focus. It is more healthy when you eat a balanced diet.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
I change my vote.

Ners should be banned. Not permenately. But given the two week vacation (also known as the Keefe politics special  ;D).  I changed my vote after reading a recent thread in which a mod warned Ners about going on and on about Derrick/Dawson. Ners responded by quoting the mod, saying he felt his comments were valid, and proceeded to go on and on about Derrick/Dawson. He has been warned by Mods several times about this issue and has ignored the warnings. That warrants a small vacation IMHO. That of course is up to the all powerful Mods, keepers of the legendary banhammer.

Ners brings good insight and opinions to the board. Its how he delivers them that I think most take issue with.

If the poll is "yes" it shouldn't be a lifetime ban. Just until 1/1/2015.

Ners does love Marquette and the program. That counts for something.
We Are Marquette

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2014, 03:47:25 PM »
If the poll is "yes" it shouldn't be a lifetime ban. Just until 1/1/2015.

Ners does love Marquette and the program. That counts for something.

January first? I'm thinking till the seasons over.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »

If the "Yes" votes have it, a second vote over length of suspension should be held. Kind of like sentencing in criminal court.
We Are Marquette

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2014, 04:02:41 PM »
Maybe play a game of 1 on 1, and loser gets banned?

OR the ban can just be in place until John Dawson plays over 25min. in 1 game.

OR maybe the ban is in place as long as Derrick has more points that Dawson (season totals).

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2014, 04:07:43 PM »
maybe Ners should play Dawson 1 on 1 and if he beats Magic he leaves

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »
Figured I'd give the board their chance to speak as I've ruffled a lot of feathers here.  I'll voluntarily go away if the majority of the board votes me off.  (And I think it will be a close vote.)

Have fun with it Scoop.
  Scoop has 7725 members so we only need 3863 votes for the ban?  How many times can I vote?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »
Can we put this in the SuperBar? I'm sick of looking at it.

mreezybreezy

• Walk-On
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2014, 04:23:16 PM »
Is it Saturday yet? This is pathetic.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2014, 04:26:37 PM »
This is getting unseemly with a hint of mob mentality.  Let the mods handle the bans.  Ners is fine.  All should be welcome.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2014, 04:37:49 PM »
This is getting unseemly with a hint of mob mentality.  Let the mods handle the bans.  Ners is fine.  All should be welcome.

Normally, I would agree, but in this specific scenario, he asked a question, and wanted an answer.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »
If the "Yes" votes have it, a second vote over length of suspension should be held. Kind of like sentencing in criminal court.

But the choices shouldn't be in terms of weeks or months...they should be in terms of behavior when he returns.

Personally, I'd be happy having him back when he can refrain from turning nearly every thread into:  1. Derrick bashing, 2. Comments about the untapped greatness at the end of our bench, or 3. A Ners appreciation thread.  If we had to put that into a timeframe, I'd take the over.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2014, 05:37:09 PM »

Au contraire.  Do you think I like cleaning the ban hammer?  No.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »
Do people actually believe that if Ners didn't post on the Dawson/Derrick debate he'd suddenly become bearable?  It's his way of getting all the attention on him.  He knows that Derrick is the better player at this point, but he bought into him based on a performance against a no-name team so he can't back down now.  He has to remind us all that he once played basketball in high school and knows more than guys who get paid millions of dollars to make the same decisions for their profession are clueless when it comes to evaluating talent compared to Ners.  Again, the guy played freaking high school basketball!  Wojo certainly doesn't have those credentials!

If there were no John Dawson and no Derrick Wilson in this world he'd be reminding us he has a great basketball mind in any other way possible.  Heck, if everyone all of a sudden started crying for Dawson to get Derrick's minutes Ners would suddenly tell us why Derrick is the best player on Marquette and is the second coming of Lenny Wilkens.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2014, 06:06:03 PM »
  cleaning the ban hammer? 

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »
I bring word from the Dark Lord that he isn't happy about the Ners, potential ban.  He feels that many of the posters against him, don't bring much entertainment value themselves.  It's a classic case of groupthink.  Those with boring conversation, huddle together, feeling the camaraderie.  Instead, what they're doing is trying to eliminate a voice that is different.  Oooooooh........ I'm scared of different !!!  I don't know what to do or how to acknowledge different because my life is boring !!!  Ahhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!  Let's ban him so I can go back to my normal white bread life. 

Ners will not be banned.   The Dark Lord hath put a plan in motion.  He is disgusted that many of you would turn against your brethren. 

UNITY shall prevail, not this petty divide and conquer mantra.  You are weak like Juan Andersen in the paint. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2014, 06:32:54 PM »
I bring word from the Dark Lord that he isn't happy about the Ners, potential ban.  He feels that many of the posters against him, don't bring much entertainment value themselves.  It's a classic case of groupthink.  Those with boring conversation, huddle together, feeling the camaraderie.  Instead, what they're doing is trying to eliminate a voice that is different.  Oooooooh........ I'm scared of different !!!  I don't know what to do or how to acknowledge different because my life is boring !!!  Ahhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!  Let's ban him so I can go back to my normal white bread life. 

Ners will not be banned.   The Dark Lord hath put a plan in motion.  He is disgusted that many of you would turn against your brethren. 

UNITY shall prevail, not this petty divide and conquer mantra.  You are weak like Juan Andersen in the paint. 

I think you were looking for the Game of thrones blog

http://www.thronesblog.com
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2014, 06:44:57 PM »

It'll be over by then. (Unless Dawson plays 40/game.)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2014, 06:55:43 PM »

Thanks Ners.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2014, 07:02:55 PM »

This is actually getting really weird, and the misspelling of Juan's name on purpose is really starting to tick me off.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2014, 07:09:40 PM »
I'll vote yes if the small cluster of posters that constantly engage him on the endless, pitiful Derrick v. John crapfest go with him.  
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »
I'll vote yes if the small cluster of posters that constantly engage him on the endless, pitiful Derrick v. John crapfest go with him.   

No chance.  I aint leaving.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2014, 07:44:48 PM »
I voted no. However, my hope is by doing this poll you realize you should change your posts.

feedback