'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What a difference a week makes  (Read 3575 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
What a difference a week makes
« on: November 22, 2006, 02:06:36 PM »
After luckily sneaking past Idaho State, with only ugly performances against Cardinal Stritch and Hillsdale in our rearview mirror, I was really worried that this was another disappointing NIT season.  A week later and I'm thinking a top 4 NCAA seed in one of the regions.  It's a crazy game.  After getting to actually watch, rather than just listen, last night, I think we're going to have a good to great season.  Defense shows up every night and we can DEFEND!
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Tampa Warrior

• Starter
Re: What a difference a week makes
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 02:56:43 PM »
After luckily sneaking past Idaho State, with only ugly performances against Cardinal Stritch and Hillsdale in our rearview mirror, I was really worried that this was another disappointing NIT season.  A week later and I'm thinking a top 4 NCAA seed in one of the regions.  It's a crazy game.  After getting to actually watch, rather than just listen, last night, I think we're going to have a good to great season.  Defense shows up every night and we can DEFEND!

I can't say I was turning cartwheels after the first two games, but I honestly wasn't shocked. We've got talent but are still young. What is gratifying is how quickly they've come together and gotten it turned around. I'm not ready to anoint us as a top seed, though...far too early in the season. But clearly there is a lot to feel good about right now, and we have the talent (and the intensity to match) to accomplish some (more) very good things this year.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »
Way too early to make Final Four reservations, but not too early for me to really look forward to my Milwaukee trip in February. We could hit a pitfall or three along the way (the UW game will be huge--the Badgers are physical, well-coached and will be highly motivated) but this team is as athletic and quick as any MU team I can remember. If DJ stays around for next year and we don't have any serious medical or academic issues, we could be looking at a Top 5 team. 

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 03:31:26 PM »
We're going to have a good year.  But like ecompt said, there will be some bumps.  The question is, what will be our first let down game?  The one that we shouldn't lose.

bheitz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 04:08:29 PM »
The question is, what will be our first let down game?  The one that we shouldn't lose.

Since East Carolina isn't in the conference, history would tell us that will be the first game we play in the conference tourney  :)

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »
We're going to have a good year.  But like ecompt said, there will be some bumps.  The question is, what will be our first let down game?  The one that we shouldn't lose.

Do the Badgers count??  I really think we should be favored and this is our game to lose.  I just don't see the badgers being that good and many of the local big ten alumni agree.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

feedback