[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Terrible situation at IU  (Read 12680 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: The Tan One May Be In Trouble
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 09:20:30 AM »
Maybe the title of the post is a clue.

I know how this thread is going to go....I'm out.

Your absolutely right on this one.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
Your absolutely right on this one.

You're vs. your
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 10:56:41 AM »
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Terrible situation at IU
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 11:03:50 AM »
I pray that he will recover. When we were all "Young and Stupid" we were young and stupid, as someone once said.

Tums Festival

• All American
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 05:35:20 PM »
A coach can only do so much.  Can't babysit college kids 24/7.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »
A coach can only do so much.  Can't babysit college kids 24/7.

Although this is true, it is his job to make sure things like this don't happen and sully the reputation of the University.  If it does happen, fair or not, it is usually the coaches/ADs head on the chopping block.

Part of their job is to create a culture representative of the University, if that culture fails and nothing happens publicly...no big deal.  If an occasional public black-eye occurs, that can be overcome.  But when it is repeated and often, heads typically fall.

A must unpleasant story and I pray for the kids health.  But ultimately some degree of responsibility works its way up to the coach.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2014, 08:25:54 PM »
Shame on every one of you who criticized IU for being oversigned by two.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2014, 08:44:19 PM »
Although this is true, it is his job to make sure things like this don't happen and sully the reputation of the University.  If it does happen, fair or not, it is usually the coaches/ADs head on the chopping block.

Part of their job is to create a culture representative of the University, if that culture fails and nothing happens publicly...no big deal.  If an occasional public black-eye occurs, that can be overcome.  But when it is repeated and often, heads typically fall.

A must unpleasant story and I pray for the kids health.  But ultimately some degree of responsibility works its way up to the coach.

I'd hate to think that the way I (and most of my fellow MU students) acted during a weekend night out represented the culture of the university.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 09:38:59 PM »
I'd hate to think that the way I (and most of my fellow MU students) acted during a weekend night out represented the culture of the university.

When you are in the public spotlight, which the players are, then their actions do affect the image of the culture of the University.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2014, 06:41:45 AM »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2014, 10:00:59 AM »

🏀

• All American

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »
How dare this go do anything other than pray for Devin Davis?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2014/11/02/doyel-do-hoosiers-dig-crean-enough-to-stop-screwing-up/18373007/

Put a letter agreement in front of Crean that acknowledges five alcohol violations in a calendar year is deemed proper cause for dismissal, and when he refuses to sign it, fire him for cause on the basis that by not signing, he must be condoning the actions of his players.

Either way, it's a lawsuit.  Moral of story: Crean is going to be the coach at IU for the foreseeable future come hell or high water.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »
Goofed that buyout badly.  Oooofta.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »
Goofed that buyout badly.  Oooofta.

Yeah, if not for the buyout he'd likely be gone, but there are 12 million reasons for IU to keep him.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2014, 06:41:02 PM »
Reassign the mofu to administrative duties in the alumni office, then.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

chapman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 06:59:05 PM »
Eh...we don't know what happened. Could just as we'll be a case whe Davis was being the dope.

Annndd, nailed it:  http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11816835/devin-davis-indiana-hoosiers-fault-car-accident-police-say

How dare this go do anything other than pray for Devin Davis?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2014/11/02/doyel-do-hoosiers-dig-crean-enough-to-stop-screwing-up/18373007/

Heh, so Doyel left CBS and ended up at the Indy Star?  When he nails it, he nails it.  Not sure if it's the recruiting profile or the campus environment or what, but this stuff was the least of our worries when he was here.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »
Annndd, nailed it:  http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11816835/devin-davis-indiana-hoosiers-fault-car-accident-police-say

Heh, so Doyel left CBS and ended up at the Indy Star?  When he nails it, he nails it.  Not sure if it's the recruiting profile or the campus environment or what, but this stuff was the least of our worries when he was here.

You answered your own question.

If you look at the campus and predominantly "off-campus" areas of IU (basically, draw a triangle along 3rd St, College Ave and State 46) you're talking about 2-3 sq miles.  The same areas at Marquette covers about 0.25 sq mi.  So you have a little more than 4x the number of students at IU on about 10x the area of Marquette.  Larger areas with less density means more "places to hide" which can foster greater acts (in magnitude and frequency) of buffoonery.

You also don't have the "townie-factor" at Marquette.  Well, you do, but the townies around our campus aren't exactly the "let's all get drunk/stoned and friendly" types... they play a greater role in keeping students in line (and watching their six) than being a catalyst for mischief like they do in B-Town.

feedback