[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: National Signing Day  (Read 9511 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: National Signing Day
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 12:48:18 PM »
#4 and rename the two tallest buildings in downtown Milwaukee after Henry and Diamond.

Diamond Tower and Henry Hall?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 01:46:06 PM »
Or Stone soured on MU because of something else?

MU's chances were never great with him, but they were dead once Buzz left. Kind of like how Henry didn't list MU when Buzz was here, but the door opened when Wojo was hired.

Different coaches, different priorities. No one was "soured."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 02:16:09 PM »

Yo, it wasn't "some guy." It was me.

You tell him, Doc!

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 02:26:05 PM »

Yo, it wasn't "some guy." It was me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_LZn95QumW8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&amp;amp;controls=0&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; width=&quot;420&quot; height=&quot;315&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_LZn95QumW8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&amp;amp;controls=0&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; width=&quot;420&quot; height=&quot;315&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot;</a>

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »
This board baffles me. MU is bringing in Ellenson...a legit 5-star stud. And all most guys want to obsess about is someone MU has no shot at.

Who is "most"?

I see very little obsessing.

Is discussing the same as obsessing? Is the fact that the state has two top-10 bigs at the same time, one who already has committed to MU and the other who is considering Buckyland, not at least a little interesting?

Jeesh.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 03:22:15 PM »
MU has a live Twitter feed set up for the national signing day

http://youtu.be/AKOuIt8zdKY
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 03:34:35 PM »
Who is "most"?

I see very little obsessing.

Is discussing the same as obsessing? Is the fact that the state has two top-10 bigs at the same time, one who already has committed to MU and the other who is considering Buckyland, not at least a little interesting?

Jeesh.

Are you kidding? I see a 10+ page thread devoted to Stone. I think Vadger fans are right...MU is obsessed with UW.

Listen, people can discuss whatever they want. I simply prefer to focus on MU. Not on who may, or may not, be signing with the Vadgers.

My mini rant is over. Proceed.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »
I'm willing to overlook it,  Stone is a BEAST!!!!
Can you imagine a lineup of Fischer, Stone, Ellenson, Burton and any guard on our roster?

We could call it the "Hey, lookie here, we got three tall guys" offense.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »
Are you kidding? I see a 10+ page thread devoted to Stone. I think Vadger fans are right...MU is obsessed with UW.

Listen, people can discuss whatever they want. I simply prefer to focus on MU. Not on who may, or may not, be signing with the Vadgers.

That thread is nearly three months long. Not like it's an 11-page thread over the course of 72 hours. That would be obsession.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »

R-E-L-A-X.  Stone is not a Vadger, and most likely will not be a Vadger.  If we were speculating on Frank Kaminsky transferring to MU, I might see your point.  We are simply wondering, "What if a Top 2 big, in our backyard, considered matriculating cross-town and calling MU home for a year or two.  Not the craziest notion in the world considering we were in serious contention at this time last year.  I personally met both him and Duane at the Syracuse game 2 years ago.  I'm pretty sure he wasn't there for the Bradley Center popcorn.

What would you rather we discuss on Signing Day Eve, the projected allocation of minutes at Point Guard?  Because, that hasn't been debated nearly enough!

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 06:02:05 PM »
R-E-L-A-X.  Stone is not a Vadger, and most likely will not be a Vadger.  If we were speculating on Frank Kaminsky transferring to MU, I might see your point.  We are simply wondering, "What if a Top 2 big, in our backyard, considered matriculating cross-town and calling MU home for a year or two.  Not the craziest notion in the world considering we were in serious contention at this time last year.  I personally met both him and Duane at the Syracuse game 2 years ago.  I'm pretty sure he wasn't there for the Bradley Center popcorn.

What would you rather we discuss on Signing Day Eve, the projected allocation of minutes at Point Guard?  Because, that hasn't been debated nearly enough!

It's fine. You guys can talk about Stone as much as you want. I get it.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 06:59:23 PM »
So glad you figured it out.  The internet is a big place, how do you find the time to read up, and comment, on topics for which you have no interest?   ?-(

And Willie, I just subbed in Steve Taylor, Jr.  My lineup is now Fischer, Stone, Ellenson, Burton and Taylor at point.    ;D

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2014, 07:02:43 PM »
So glad you figured it out.  The internet is a big place, how do you find the time to read up, and comment, on topics for which you have no interest?   ?-(

And Willie, I just subbed in Steve Taylor, Jr.  My lineup is now Fischer, Stone, Ellenson, Burton and Taylor at point.    ;D

Nice to see we're upgrading our PG from last season!

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2014, 07:43:08 PM »
I personally met both him and Duane at the Syracuse game 2 years ago.  I'm pretty sure he wasn't there for the Bradley Center popcorn.

I thought the same thing bout JPT and after seeing him at most every game and selection shows etc. I have seen Diamond at more games than even JPT. So what I know understand is that they ARE there for the BC popcorn........and the comped tix of course but nothing more than that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2014, 11:02:26 PM »
I thought the same thing bout JPT and after seeing him at most every game and selection shows etc. I have seen Diamond at more games than even JPT. So what I know understand is that they ARE there for the BC popcorn........and the comped tix of course but nothing more than that.

Maybe JPT will come "home" after UNC gets nailed for nearly two decades of academic fraud in the basketball program.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2014, 11:14:46 PM »
Maybe JPT will come "home" after UNC gets nailed for nearly two decades of academic fraud in the basketball program.

Could MU accept his credits from UNC? What's the difference between them and Jae's first junior college?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2014, 11:32:14 PM »
Could MU accept his credits from UNC? What's the difference between them and Jae's first junior college?

Was he in the African American studies program at UNC.  Otherwise, a big difference.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2014, 09:06:32 AM »
It's fine. You guys can talk about Stone as much as you want. I get it.

That thread is nearly three months long. Not like it's an 11-page thread over the course of 72 hours. That would be obsession.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »

I am not as well read on the UNC situation so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this all take place before JPT got to UNC? I thought it had stopped right before he got to campus. If not, and if he was in African American studies, than no, Marquette probably won't take him. I think a lot of programs would shy away from him. It might be in his best interest to attempt to go pro if UNC does get slammed.

This is assuming that the NCAA doesn't fry South Carolina Upstate for the things UNC did of course
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2014, 09:10:04 AM »
Was he in the African American studies program at UNC.  Otherwise, a big difference.

Exactly. As long as Tokoto wasn't taking fake classes -- and those classes appear to have stopped being offered well before he got to UNC -- there shouldn't be an issue.

I don't actually expect this to happen, but it isn't a completely out-of-left-field thought.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2014, 09:10:13 AM »
#donedeal.  I like a kid who decides that important things happen first thing in the morning.  Welcome Henry.  Looking forward to 3 more today and to Wojo's presser.

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2014/11/12/7203205/marquette-basketball-recruiting-wojciechowski-ellenson-cheatham-noskowiak-heldt

feedback