Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Who's next on the recruiting trail?  (Read 22800 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Who's next on the recruiting trail?
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2014, 08:42:17 AM »
In all seriousness, how big of a priority would Stone be at this point? With Fischer, Heldt and HE, will we need another big (yes, I know and accept that HE does not play like a typical big)? Might Wojo have other desires for that open spot? Is Stone such a 'sure thing' that you go for him regardless of the make up of the rest of the roster? I think I recall decent points on both sides of that question.

Good lord yes.  If Stone wanted to commit here you take him in a heartbeat.  A consensus top 10 player?  You can figure out how to use him and spread out the minutes later on. 

Furthermore if he is truly a one-and-done, you will then have another scholarship available in 2016.

warriorgnp

• Walk-On
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2014, 09:39:28 AM »
1st post over here.

Sam Hauser is visiting this weekend.  Could we be getting a 3 man a year later?  Is a 3 a need with Burton, JJJ, Wally...on the roster?  Perhaps if we can land Hauser, a rugged forward in the STJ mold is the greater need?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2014, 09:41:25 AM »
Well of course we could use him , but even if we couldnt u do it to totally mind fook wiskconsin
While I agree with the premise, it is not necessary to totally mind fook them. They are already!! And always will be.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2014, 09:49:11 AM »

Good lord yes.  If Stone wanted to commit here you take him in a heartbeat.  A consensus top 10 player?  You can figure out how to use him and spread out the minutes later on. 

Furthermore if he is truly a one-and-done, you will then have another scholarship available in 2016.
Man, I must be slipping...I agree with Sultan. Hell yes you get Stone. Maybe Stone could look at what is happening with Wojo and MU and sign with the Duketucky of the Midwest. Play with studs and get ready for the big time. What a dream that would make.

There is nothing wrong with playing BB with mostly studs from Wisconsin at a storied program that is 10 minutes from your family. Where else can you also get kielbasa, beer and Summerfest that quickly? Maybe Sheboygan?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2014, 10:13:27 AM »
Time to even out the classes a little, I would hold the scholarship to spring or the following year.  That way they can have a class of 2 in 2016.  Plus having a real good team in 2015 it
might attract another top recruit.  Wojo can be a little picky, take your time, no rush, we will have 11 solid players in two years even if he does not sign anybody.  Plus what is everybody
going to talk about then if he signs 2016 kids really early?

I'm of the opinion that you should never bank a perfectly good scholarship. Sign a work in progress. If he doesn't work out, convince him that he will find more playing time elsewhere and sign the same 2016 kid you were going to sign anyway. Plus, transfers, injuries, early entrants, and dismissals happen. Space will become available if you need it to be available.

Now if we wanted to sign a quality graduate transfer with the last schollie, I'd be cool with that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2014, 11:21:21 AM »
You are not going to know in a year's time whether a work in progress is going to work out. That type of recruit is not expected to play his first two years. Look at Dukon (sp) at UW. You should be committed to a player you sign and not have a revolving door policy. On the flip side a project player should understand and be willing to be the 13th man for possibly all four years. He should go elsewhere in the first place, if he is not willing to be a bench warmer.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »
Y'all, Stone ain't comin'. At least, not here.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2014, 02:40:19 PM »

I hear Looney might though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »
That would be news to me
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2014, 02:44:38 PM »
That would be news to me

Must not be waxin' his teeth anymore, aina?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »
In all seriousness, how big of a priority would Stone be at this point?

High priority. He'd have excellent trade value.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
I hear Looney might though.

Not sure if you were serious or not, but I had actually heard some rumblings last month that things aren't off to the greatest of starts in Westwood. Didn't think much of it, especially with a freshman being away for the first time.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2014, 05:55:06 PM »
Negative
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2014, 09:36:48 PM »

A lonely voice of sanity crying out in the wilderness of Ellenson euphoria. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback