Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ellenson's visit to East Lansing  (Read 39964 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Ellenson's visit to East Lansing
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2014, 12:52:55 AM »
I guess the question then becomes why post on Scoop?  Why follow Scoop?  After all, it's a forum about a bunch of 18-22 year olds, no?  And sometimes even younger with recruits.  Do I sit around and follow every post these kids make on Facebook or Twitter?  No.  But am I going to criticize someone who provides some information to us from those things?  No, because after all here I am posting on and reading MUScoop, a forum about 18-22 year old basketball players.

Really?  Simple, I follow the name on the front of the jersey, not the ones on the back.  I wish all the ones that come to MU to do well, matriculate, live productive lives, represent the university well.  At the end of the day, I'm a MU alum and I wish for MU to do well, that includes athletics.   

To each their own, everyone follows this stuff differently, but as 4ever put it so well, the sun is going to rise and set each day.  I will be cheering for MU, either way.  Not hard.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2014, 12:55:18 AM »
The guy cant help himself, has to be the center of attention even if it is negative. Sad.

Irregardless - Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead

You were wrong, just as you were wrong about a banning last week, just as you were wrong about the Big Ten not taking Prop 48's the week prior, and on and on.  Your ratio of wrong per post is piss poor. In all this time, all those usernames, I have NEVER seen you admit to being wrong...ever.  Same goes for your buddy.  We're all wrong at times, it's ok to admit it.

Good night blackswan, ahoyaballscout, mrhayward, canadiandimes, etc....sleep tight.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2014, 05:50:31 AM »
I thought i was wrong once, but i was mistaken

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2014, 08:02:39 AM »
You're above it all, Chicos. A true renaissance man. A rugged, Clint Eastwood/John Wayne man's man who couldn't be bothered with any of this nonsense.

Except you've spent ~10k of your 20k posts in pedantic arguments defending Crean's honor at every turn for 7+ years, and another ~5k useleslly referencing z-list celebrities you "know" or shoehorning your job into discussions. So please, come off it.

Perhaps the funniest thing I've read in my 5 year Scoop history. 

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
In all this time, all those usernames, I have NEVER seen you admit to being wrong...ever.  Same goes for your buddy.  We're all wrong at times, it's ok to admit it.

I assume that I am the buddy to whom you refer. Per usual, you are wrong. I have admitted being mistaken and apologized for it multiple times on this forum. I won't call you a liar (as you would in my shoes). I'll just say you're patently, demonstrably wrong. What new?

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2014, 12:10:09 PM »
Irregardless

Boo and hiss!

Boo and hiss!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2014, 07:44:21 PM »
I assume that I am the buddy to whom you refer. Per usual, you are wrong. I have admitted being mistaken and apologized for it multiple times on this forum. I won't call you a liar (as you would in my shoes). I'll just say you're patently, demonstrably wrong. What new?

Maybe you just like admitting you are wrong to certain people but not others, tougher to swallow your pride in some cases. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2014, 07:47:41 PM »
Perhaps the funniest thing I've read in my 5 year Scoop history. 

Mine is still the BMA exchange with you....not sure there was ever a more funny moment.  The difference between that one and the one you think is funny, is that BMA's was sourced in truth...nothing funnier than truth sourced comedy.....or is it the "underlying truth"....definitions are so fleeting around here.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
Mine is still the BMA exchange with you....not sure there was ever a more funny moment.  The difference between that one and the one you think is funny, is that BMA's was sourced in truth...nothing funnier than truth sourced comedy.....or is it the "underlying truth"....definitions are so fleeting around here.

LOL - BMA's rant toward me was funny...while ironically hypocritical.  I too found it rather funny...perhaps even more funny has been you and a couple of others trying to recycle that thread to try to spite me.  Wouldn't surprise me if you had that specific quote bookmarked.  LOL.

Now, with regard to you feeling this latest comedic post regarding you isn't sourced in truth - not sure what alternate reality you are living in - but if you are going to deny that for 7+ years and ~10,000 posts you've authored don't have Tom Crean involved in one way or another - well, that isn't being real Chicos.  Of course the poster used ~ as an approximation..so a little bit of wiggle room.

I certainly don't mind your posts on the Z-list celebs you interface with on occasion, nor do I mind your posts referencing your position at DirecTV - and you bring good info when it comes to the landscape of TV's influence on sports/college sport etc. 

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013