[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: McQuiad Picks MSU  (Read 4743 times)

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
McQuiad Picks MSU
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:50:32 AM »
Matt McQuiad (Marquette offered in April, I believe) picked Michigan State today (after de-committing from SMU).

Do they have any open scholarships left?  This directly relates to Henry Ellenson's recruitment, no?

WarriorInNYC

• All American
Re: McQuiad Picks MSU
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:40:21 AM »
I'm not sure if they do or not.  I tried to go through some of the MSU boards to see what their scholarship situation was like, but couldn't find anything definitive.

I also didn't quite feel like signing up for one of their boards to ask.

Looking at their current roster on espn.com, it lists they have 3 seniors and already have 3 commits for 2015, so it looks like they may be out of scholarships???

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »
Are we really worried about MSU?

EWWWW Kaaay is the elephant in the room.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 10:08:37 AM »
They may have one schollie left since they're still pursuing Henry and Caleb Swanigan.

EDIT: Per Verbal Commits they have one scholarship left for 2015.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:46:39 AM by Heavy Ellenson Gear »
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 10:09:39 AM »
Are we really worried about MSU?

EWWWW Kaaay is the elephant in the room.

Yup, but as mentioned before, they have so many others that they are looking at that they are favorites for. Plus who know who stays or leaves there, no real stability in terms of knowing playing time. MU really seems like the best fit. He would be starting from day 1 with a program that would be all in for him.

Im usually one of the few students who really pays attention to recruiting, but there has been a buzz going around campus of Ellensons visit this weekend. Go get em Wojo.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 10:12:42 AM »
I wouldn't not pay attention to either MSU or UK.  Those are some pretty big boys...

It doesn't matter what school you are or how many scholarships you have (or don't have), you make room for a player like Henry Ellenson on your roster.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 11:15:10 AM »
I wouldn't not pay attention to either MSU or UK.  Those are some pretty big boys...

It doesn't matter what school you are or how many scholarships you have (or don't have), you make room for a player like Henry Ellenson on your roster.

For MSU, yes.

For UK, eh
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »
For MSU, yes.

For UK, eh

UK doesn't have to worry about making room for a top 5 player because the underclassmen on their roster make the room for them by entering the draft.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 12:37:40 PM »
UK doesn't have to worry about making room for a top 5 player because the underclassmen on their roster make the room for them by entering the draft.

True, but my point was that they don't feel the need to bend over backwards to get a Henry Ellenson when they are in all likelihood landing the likes of Malik Newman, Jaylen Brown, Antonio Blakeney, Carlton Bragg, and Doral Moore. Not to mention that they already have Charles Matthews.

How many people can Kentucky realistically send to the pros after next season? They have 10 players with pro potential (Everyone but Hawkins, Floreal, and Willis). But all ten of them won't get playing time. Probably closer to 7-8 of them. And Kentucky is good, but will the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd guy off the bench decide to go pro? I think between 3-5 go pro leaving Kentucky with 3-5 schollies left for 2015. Assuming no one gets Caliparted of course.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 01:53:04 PM »
Creighton also lost out on Roosevelt Smart to Loyola. I know McDermmott was in on him, not sure how badly he wanted him though.
TAMU

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »
Matt McQuiad (Marquette offered in April, I believe) picked Michigan State today (after de-committing from SMU).

Do they have any open scholarships left?  This directly relates to Henry Ellenson's recruitment, no?

I cannot believe that in this day and age anyone still thinks that being "out of scholarships" would have any impact on whether a team would recruit and/or sign a player.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 03:51:34 PM »
I cannot believe that in this day and age anyone still thinks that being "out of scholarships" would have any impact on whether a team would recruit and/or sign a player.

It depends on the coach, the player, and the time of the year. In the current situation, the number of scholarships that Michigan State has available has ZERO impact on whether they are going after Ellenson.
TAMU

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
Good get for MSU. They need someone who can shoot. McQuaid had ties to the state so it made some sense also.