[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.  (Read 29516 times)

MUDPT

• All American
Re: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2015, 09:06:58 AM »
Bought 3 this year with a 3 year old now, had to move sections as the seats we wanted, there were only 2 available in that row.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2015, 09:35:07 AM »

Thank people like GooooMarquette for screwing it up.  At least we know there will be two empty seats in Row A for most games. I had to take 441 B 11/12. I've had the seats for years but it was nicer when we had center of the section.

Nope - I wasn't the one to take seats 11 & 12.  I'm sure you'll find your villian at the first game....

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »
I noticed a lot more people doing "skip dibs" on the non-license seats this year (i.e. those seats where you can actually choose the specific seats), in other words, I'm seeing more incidents where several non-contiguous single seats in a row are available one hour and gone the next... seats that no one would in their right mind would pick unless they either a) were buying just one seat or b) actually knew who was in the seats around them.

No... Benny has not done this.  I just email my cousin my seats after selecting, and he picks his a few hours later.  Some years we're next to each other, other years (like this one), I'm in seats 1-4, he's a couple seats over in the row behind us... since we're in the upstairs slums (read: lots of no-shows), we usually end up sitting next to each other any way.  But I'm noticing it becoming more common at re-seating, especially in Sections 441, 403 and 410-412.

How I think it works is like this: you have your appt. at X time.  Your buddy has his appt. materially later than you (one hour to several days).  You guys want to get your seats together, but you want to take advantage of the selection at the earlier appt., so the one with the earlier appt. selects seats leaving a "gap" that anyone except your buddy would find undesirable.

Examples:

A) You want six seats together.  At your selection time you select four seats: 2-3-5-6, and your buddy selects seats 1 and 4 at his.

B) You want five seats together (3 for you, 2 for him) in a row with only six seats (1-6) left.  You pick 2-4-5, he picks 1 and 3.

C) More common, but more risky: You want four seats together on the aisle.  You pick seats 3-4, he picks 1-2.  (since this only deters people looking for more than 2 seats, probably used only when appt. times are close together).

And so forth.  Of course, you risk someone who only wants a single seat picking one of the "dib seats" (or maybe just a troublemaker... no one here, of course) and screwing it up for both of you.

That said, I don't have a problem with it because a) there is some risk involved and b) if you want a better selection at your appt. time, up your points.  Anyone else noticing this, or am I just too cynical?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2015, 11:13:20 AM »
I will say this Benny.  I think chick and I benefit from the fact that we only purchase  2 tickets.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2015, 04:02:03 PM »
I will say this Benny.  I think chick and I benefit from the fact that we only purchase  2 tickets.

I suppose I'm fortunate that the only check I'm writing to Marquette annually on behalf of my kids is for their full-price MBB season ticket.  I probably should see the benefit in that.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »
I suppose I'm fortunate that the only check I'm writing to Marquette annually on behalf of my kids is for their full-price MBB season ticket.  I probably should see the benefit in that.

Not a bad B-Day gift idea for post graduation.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2015, 06:54:44 PM »
I noticed a lot more people doing "skip dibs" on the non-license seats this year (i.e. those seats where you can actually choose the specific seats), in other words, I'm seeing more incidents where several non-contiguous single seats in a row are available one hour and gone the next... seats that no one would in their right mind would pick unless they either a) were buying just one seat or b) actually knew who was in the seats around them.

No... Benny has not done this.  I just email my cousin my seats after selecting, and he picks his a few hours later.  Some years we're next to each other, other years (like this one), I'm in seats 1-4, he's a couple seats over in the row behind us... since we're in the upstairs slums (read: lots of no-shows), we usually end up sitting next to each other any way.  But I'm noticing it becoming more common at re-seating, especially in Sections 441, 403 and 410-412.

How I think it works is like this: you have your appt. at X time.  Your buddy has his appt. materially later than you (one hour to several days).  You guys want to get your seats together, but you want to take advantage of the selection at the earlier appt., so the one with the earlier appt. selects seats leaving a "gap" that anyone except your buddy would find undesirable.

Examples:

A) You want six seats together.  At your selection time you select four seats: 2-3-5-6, and your buddy selects seats 1 and 4 at his.

B) You want five seats together (3 for you, 2 for him) in a row with only six seats (1-6) left.  You pick 2-4-5, he picks 1 and 3.

C) More common, but more risky: You want four seats together on the aisle.  You pick seats 3-4, he picks 1-2.  (since this only deters people looking for more than 2 seats, probably used only when appt. times are close together).

And so forth.  Of course, you risk someone who only wants a single seat picking one of the "dib seats" (or maybe just a troublemaker... no one here, of course) and screwing it up for both of you.

That said, I don't have a problem with it because a) there is some risk involved and b) if you want a better selection at your appt. time, up your points.  Anyone else noticing this, or am I just too cynical?

This is pretty spot on, and I know people who have done it before. Friend had a wife with an MU degree so was materially ahead of the other person in B&G points. Wanted 4 seats, so the one with more points bought 3 leaving a single. Other guy grabbed the single and paid buddy for 1 of the 3 tickets.

feedback