'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cool story about Matt Heldt in JS  (Read 4586 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Cool story about Matt Heldt in JS
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:33:12 AM »
I can't help but think that this experience played a big role in Matt not just being another out state big man who grew up dreaming of playing for Wisconsin.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 10:23:03 AM »
Does anyone know if Mac steered or directed MH to MU?  Does Mac have connections with MUBB?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
This was an excellent article. The story sheds a positive light on Matt. I think he is an under ranked recruit. Very excited to see what he turns into after a year of training under Todd.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »
Does anyone know if Mac steered or directed MH to MU?  Does Mac have connections with MUBB?
Dwight and Vander played for Mac. I don't recall for how long. I used to go into the Silver Spring Center and those two were the main guys touted on their bulletin board. Mac was a defensive back for the Badgers and his son Chris played bball for Miami of Ohio. Spartan players are generally seen as more MU guys than Bo guys. Spartan rosters are also typically stacked with highly athletic guys who play physical defense and don't run tons of sets. On typical Spartans teams you would see one, maybe two white guys. Most of the time, those white guys are either the shooters or the giants. Heldt left Mac a couple years back to try a different team and didn't like it. He came back to Spartans and had a great summer and earned his scholarship.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »
Dwight and Vander played for Mac. I don't recall for how long. I used to go into the Silver Spring Center and those two were the main guys touted on their bulletin board. Mac was a defensive back for the Badgers and his son Chris played bball for Miami of Ohio. Spartan players are generally seen as more MU guys than Bo guys. Spartan rosters are also typically stacked with highly athletic guys who play physical defense and don't run tons of sets. On typical Spartans teams you would see one, maybe two white guys. Most of the time, those white guys are either the shooters or the giants. Heldt left Mac a couple years back to try a different team and didn't like it. He came back to Spartans and had a great summer and earned his scholarship.

Exactly. 16U w/NN & BP........ funny how that got left out of the story.

Nonetheless...
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 11:05:21 PM »
Exactly. 16U w/NN & BP........ funny how that got left out of the story.

Nonetheless...

Were NN and BP on the team Matt switched to and then returned from because he didn't like it as well as the Spartans?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 08:44:48 AM »
Were NN and BP on the team Matt switched to and then returned from because he didn't like it as well as the Spartans?

Those 3 were together in 2013 w the Wisconsin Playground Warriors 16U team.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.