'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: ESPNInsider: Ellenson picks Noskowiak as player he would most like to team up w/  (Read 26180 times)

chapman

• All American
Wojo:  "So I understand you visited Michigan State last week."
Ellensen:  "Yep.  Had a nice visit and went to a football game."
Wojo:  "Football, huh?  So about how many fans were there?"
Ellensen:  "I dunno.  Maybe 70,000 or so.  Fans really got into it."
Wojo:  "Wow!  Must've been a huge game.  Did they play Notre Dame?  Michigan?"
Ellensen:  "No.  I think it was some division 2 school or something."
Wojo:  "They must take their football team pretty seriously over there.  They get crowds like that for hoops?"

;)

How about just:

"Hi Henry, I'm the player you want to play with most!"

"Sup little bro?"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Flights from Rice Lake? Really, the Rice Lake Worldport?

Seriously, I was in Rice Lake on Friday and proudly wearing my Marquette gear... just in case!

Did you help yourself to some of that world famous Norske Nook pie? It is particularly succulent I hear.

Death on call

HutchwasClutch

• All American
MSU hosts Eastern Michigan on Sept 20th.  

Marquette hosts Providence in Men's Soccer on Sept 27th

I like our entertainment more.

I don't and anyone who's honest knows that's not a minority opinion by any stretch.  Football Saturday's at any big time school is fun and exciting, regardless of the opponent.  Nothing at all against MU soccer, but soccer is soccer, the sport pales in every way, shape, and form to football.  I think it's doubtful they'll even drag him to a soccer game that weekend.  I wouldn't want him to leave with the contrast of excitement and campus enthusiasm between college football and college soccer in his head.  There's no way we can match that.  Find other things for him to do that weekend around campus and downtown.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:36:07 PM by HutchwasClutch »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Good news.
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11506

"Conspiracy theorists could be more intrigued by the fact that Ellenson named his AAU teammate with Playground Elite, Noskowiak, as the guy he would most like to play with. That is noteworthy because Noskowiak has already committed to Marquette, which is among the final three for Ellenson".

This is just looking so damn good!!!  Nick, his big brother, Coach Wojo, connection of his family with MU (yeah I know his dad transferred), home state advantage.  I would honestly be shocked if we don't get him.  

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Any y'all not got a woody over this? Chick, you're excused. And, no one upload a selfie to the Cloud, hey?

I heard Chico got his hands on some pics of Lenny in the can...

Death on call

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
I heard Chico got his hands on some pics of Lenny in the can...

Not breaking news. Lenny sent those to everyone.

Texas Western

• All American
I don't and anyone who's honest knows that's not a minority opinion by any stretch.  Football Saturday's at any big time school is fun and exciting, regardless of the opponent.  Nothing at all against MU soccer, but soccer is soccer, the sport pales in every way, shape, and form to football.  I think it's doubtful they'll even drag him to a soccer game that weekend.  I wouldn't want him to leave with the contrast of excitement and campus enthusiasm between college football and college soccer in his head.  There's no way we can match that.  Find other things for him to do that weekend around campus and downtown.
Completely agree with you . I have been to Spartan Stadium many times when MSU was winning big like they will against Eastern and it is an amazing sight with the band and planes flying over head etc. Nothing we have can compare. Although I don't think it will sway Ellenson. If that was the experience he wanted we wouldn't even be in the equation and the Badgers would be. The bigger issue is that at MSU and Kentucky he is not guarantied significant minutes. With us he is and he gets to play with his brother and good buddies in a focused educational environment.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
I have been to Spartan Stadium many times when MSU was winning big like they will against Eastern and it is an amazing sight with the band and planes flying over head etc.

Please. Clearly you have never been to The Big House

Death on call

Johnny B

• All American
Have you been there? It's a pretty nice spectacle to observe, somthing MU couldn't do, but why does Henry care about football teams?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Chick is the resident female on scoop. I'll let you figure out any other important facts about her on your own.
Does any one know what happen to the smooth?
Goal is National Championship

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Have a feeling attending the Big House this year might be easier than ever. 

Johnny B

• All American
Have a feeling attending the Big House this year might be easier than ever. 
Just took a bad loss at Oregon.

mr.MUskie

• All American

Yeah, she's been pretty quiet lately.  Where are you Smoothie?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Just took a bad loss at Oregon.
Wrong Michigan team
Goal is National Championship

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter

Johnny B

• All American
Wrong Michigan team
Wow i feel dumb,guess i just watched Michigan St. all day and no michigan. I guess i didnt really read Big HOuse right.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified

Did Stone Cold take her out?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Yeah, she's been pretty quiet lately.  Where are you Smoothie?

The heartbreak of stubble

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American

Could be drinkin' solo or chasin' the volleyball dude who serves up the nasty ball.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
I've been to the Big House, Spartan Stadium, and South Bend.   IMO, the Domers do football Saturdays the best of the 3.   I like MSU and don't really care for UM, so my admittedly biased opinion puts them about even.   I don't really care about college football, but I am a sucker for free tickets and going on college campuses on a football Saturday.   The atmosphere is fun.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
Sorry, but ND sucks now. 
They have clamped down big time on tailgating,  very corporate now.  Wine and cheese  kinda atmosphere. 

If you rolled the clock back to the 70's and 80's, then I would agree with you.

PE8983

• Team Captain
"Wine and cheese"
You have no idea of what you're talking about. I was out there yesterday, and it's out of control. A bigger beer drunk fest than I have ever seen at one of their games. Almost unbearable and not worthwhile going to.
If anything, it's gone the other way, as they have cut down on the RV's in the lots. A lot of those people were your "wine and cheese" crowd. Tickets are harder than ever to get, and now people just go out to party and tailgate, and then watch from cars. 20k extra seats have only made it worse.

real chili 83

• All American
I think I do.  I grew up there, and went to games from the 60's through the 80's.  Yes, it has changed.

Blackhat

• All American
Did Stone Cold take her out?

Yeah, I took her out for some beer and wings.    Not gonna lie, she got kinda clingy. 

LloydMooresLegs

"Wine and cheese"
You have no idea of what you're talking about. I was out there yesterday, and it's out of control. A bigger beer drunk fest than I have ever seen at one of their games. Almost unbearable and not worthwhile going to.
If anything, it's gone the other way, as they have cut down on the RV's in the lots. A lot of those people were your "wine and cheese" crowd. Tickets are harder than ever to get, and now people just go out to party and tailgate, and then watch from cars. 20k extra seats have only made it worse.

Night games make for ugly tailgating. Start at 8:00am and it's going to get ugly. 

feedback