collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tom Brady beats the NFL  (Read 8563 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Tom Brady beats the NFL
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2015, 07:29:19 PM »

Actually I said it was like speeding.

I agree with you.  When you say you were speeding you are saying you broke the rules.

Rogers said he broke the rules.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2015, 07:30:52 PM »
I agree with you.  When you say you were speeding you are saying you broke the rules.

Fine.  But the Bears still suck.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2015, 07:59:19 PM »

Fine.  But the Bears still suck.

Bears is just another way to say suck.  You're statement is redundant.

brandx

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »

Please show us proof that he ever used an over-inflated ball in an NFL game.

That would be breaking the rules and you have yet to give proof. Repeating it often does not make it so.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2015, 10:24:59 PM »

That would be breaking the rules and you have yet to give proof. Repeating it often does not make it so.
that would require a $3m investigation by the NFL.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2015, 01:11:45 AM »

He said so

brandx

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2015, 07:44:38 AM »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »
As my dad said, you could make a trained chimp commissioner of the NFL and he would make just as much money for the league. Goodell is a joke.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2015, 09:27:35 AM »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »
Page 1

As I know you are one to be hyperaccurate....that "quote" is a 3rd party attribution that Rodgers claimed to overinflate balls prior to inspection.  So:

-Rodgers is not quoted directly, so not a quote from him
-The quote in no way says he played with overinflated balls, simply that they were overinflated at the time of inspection

You are making a declarative and definitive statement based on hearsay and inference....hardly "proof" but thanks for playing  ;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2015, 11:03:35 AM »
As I know you are one to be hyperaccurate....that "quote" is a 3rd party attribution that Rodgers claimed to overinflate balls prior to inspection.  So:

-The quote in no way says he played with overinflated balls, simply that they were overinflated at the time of inspection

You are making a declarative and definitive statement based on hearsay and inference....hardly "proof" but thanks for playing  ;D
I'd say this meets the accuracy threshold required for the Brady witch hunt.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »

Is Rogers guilty now?

------------------

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/aaron-rodgers-likes-his-footballs-overinflated/

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesn’t think there should be a maximum air pressure.

“It’s not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure. We’re not kicking these footballs,” Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.

--------------

And I guess Simms and Nantz are liars ...

Reiss notes that, during the November 30 game between the Packers and Patriots on CBS, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms discussed the preference by quarterback Aaron Rodgers for overinflated balls.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:38:01 AM by Heisenberg »

brandx

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »
Page 1

Honesty is important, Heisenberg.

You can't go through life speaking as though you are writing a Faux News headline.

Aaron NEVER EVER said he played with an over-inflated football. Period!! To say otherwise is simply lying.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »
Honesty is important, Heisenberg.

You can't go through life speaking as though you are writing a Faux News headline.

Aaron NEVER EVER said he played with an over-inflated football. Period!! To say otherwise is simply lying.

See two posts higher please.

brandx

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »
Is Rogers guilty now?

------------------

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/aaron-rodgers-likes-his-footballs-overinflated/

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesn’t think there should be a maximum air pressure.

“It’s not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure. We’re not kicking these footballs,” Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.

--------------

And I guess Simms and Nantz are liars ...

Reiss notes that, during the November 30 game between the Packers and Patriots on CBS, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms discussed the preference by quarterback Aaron Rodgers for overinflated balls.

Again, you are using Fox tactics. For Aaron to have ACTUALLY USED an over inflated ball in a game, he would have had to have someone secretly inflate the balls after the officials checked them. You could just read what he said, but apparently you did that and yet you are still making things up.

I am asking you for proof that Aaron tampered with footballs after the officials checked them and declared them game ready. You said he did - now let's see the proof.

As I said, honesty is important.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »
Again, you are using Fox tactics. For Aaron to have ACTUALLY USED an over inflated ball in a game, he would have had to have someone secretly inflate the balls after the officials checked them. You could just read what he said, but apparently you did that and yet you are still making things up.

I am asking you for proof that Aaron tampered with footballs after the officials checked them and declared them game ready. You said he did - now let's see the proof.

As I said, honesty is important.

He admitted he preferred illegal (over-inflated) balls. 
He said he tried to get illegal (over-inflated) balls pass the inspection.

He admitted motivate and intent.  That is enough to indict him, counselor.

Next would be to hire Ted Wells to investigate him.

brandx

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2015, 01:25:58 PM »
He admitted he preferred illegal (over-inflated) balls. 
He said he tried to get illegal (over-inflated) balls pass the inspection.

He admitted motivate and intent.  That is enough to indict him, counselor.

Next would be to hire Ted Wells to investigate him.

"He admitted he preferred illegal (over-inflated) balls.
He said he tried to get illegal (over-inflated) balls pass the inspection."

That is not a violation of any rule. And it is third person hearsay. And we do not even know how he said what it is claimed he said.

And there has never been any allegation that he used an over inflated football in a game.

None.

Ever.

So why would Wells need to investigate?

Yet you take it and say he is a cheater. So take your lie and put it on the Fox website. At least there, no one will question you.

I am asking you for proof that Aaron tampered with footballs after the officials checked them and declared them game ready. You said he did - you are lying.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2015, 02:14:37 PM »

That is not a violation of any rule. And it is third person hearsay. And we do not even know how he said what it is claimed he said.

And there has never been any allegation that he used an over inflated football in a game.

None.

Ever.

Yet you take it and say he is a cheater. So take your lie and put it on the Fox website. At least there, no one will question you.

I am asking you for proof that Aaron tampered with footballs after the officials checked them and declared them game ready. You said he did - you are lying.

The allegation that Aaron Rogers used an illegal (over-inflated) balls came from ... wait for it .... Aaron Rogers on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show on January 20.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Look I get it, Rogers is special and allowed to brag about breaking the rules and no one cares whereas Brady is not and gets the book thrown at him.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2015, 02:33:02 PM »

None.

Ever.

You are truly grasping at straws with all these technicalities. Both Rodgers and Brady are very good quarterbacks, why are you trying so hard to prove that Rodgers is morally better?

brandx

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2015, 03:57:21 PM »
You are truly grasping at straws with all these technicalities. Both Rodgers and Brady are very good quarterbacks, why are you trying so hard to prove that Rodgers is morally better?

I'm not.

But if someone says that Rodgers inflated footballs after the game officials checked them out, I would like to see evidence.

He has none.

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »
Let us once again turn to The Onion for it's healing powers

http://www.theonion.com/article/naked-dripping-wet-tom-brady-thrilled-judges-decis-51242

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
I'm not.

But if someone says that Rodgers inflated footballs after the game officials checked them out, I would like to see evidence.

He has none.

Initially, no one accused Brady/Patriots of manipulating the balls after inspection.  That came later via the investigation.  All that was accused was Brady was using balls that "felt deflated." That was enough to investigate.

Rogers January 20 radio admission established motivate and intent to break the NFL rules on inflation.  So their is actually more justification to investigate Rogers than Brady the day after the Indy game.

Someone get Ted Wells on the phone!