collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Frames for my MU sheepskin  (Read 5980 times)

jficke13

• All American
Frames for my MU sheepskin
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »
Since my firm hasn't fired me yet, I finally got around to framing up the sheepskin and putting them up in my office. Thought some of you guys would appreciate the style. Also, I can make similar frames for anyone else that has need of them as well.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ppa42fp

I can't figure out embedding pics into this thread for some reason. I'll update it if I can figure it out.

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Frames for my MU sheepskin
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 11:24:37 AM »

I think my diploma is in a milkcrate with a bunch of other random paperwork. This frame looks a lot better than the milkcrate. I used some sheepskin while in school though.  8-)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »
I used some sheepskin while in school though.  8-)

I sat through enough Air Force STD briefs to know you are playing Russian Roulette, mister

Death on call

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:46:06 PM »
Gee, my Diploma is all in Latin.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 08:42:55 PM »
Since my firm hasn't fired me yet, I finally got around to framing up the sheepskin and putting them up in my office. Thought some of you guys would appreciate the style. Also, I can make similar frames for anyone else that has need of them as well.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ppa42fp

I can't figure out embedding pics into this thread for some reason. I'll update it if I can figure it out.

Not bad at all. What would you charge?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 08:53:10 PM »
I have no idea where my diploma is.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 09:20:50 PM »
Not bad at all. What would you charge?

Depends a little on what kind of wood you would want them made out of. The stuff I used for mine, afromosia, is really expensive. Ballpark? $100, adjustable up or down if you request either particularly expensive or cheap wood.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 10:23:11 PM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 10:32:22 AM »
Handed mine to my Mom 44 years ago - haven't seen it since. She's been dead almost 7 years so I don't expect to ever see it again.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »
Mine's in that blue puffy holder with the Marquette logo on the cover that they give you at graduation and that sits on a bookshelf next to my Marquette yearbook.  My high school yearbook and diploma reside next to them on the same shelf.

The tassel from the graduation hat is a different story.  It faded from orange to brown as it hung on a closet door knob near the window and then (10-12 years ago) my wife gave it to my then young daughter because she wanted to play with it and it got completely pulled apart.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 11:26:37 AM »
Mine's in that blue puffy holder with the Marquette logo on the cover that they give you at graduation and that sits on a bookshelf next to my Marquette yearbook.  My high school yearbook and diploma reside next to them on the same shelf.

The tassel from the graduation hat is a different story.  It faded from orange to brown as it hung on a closet door knob near the window and then (10-12 years ago) my wife gave it to my then young daughter because she wanted to play with it and it got completely pulled apart.

About the same set up I have although my grade school one is next to my HS one which is next to my MU one. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 11:38:10 AM »
Sitting in a box waiting to be hung in the new house.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 01:59:03 PM »
Unless you're a doctor, dentist or lawyer hanging it in your office to add gravitas to your surroundings, hanging a diploma on your wall is lame.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 02:24:17 PM »
Unless you're a doctor, dentist or lawyer hanging it in your office to add gravitas to your surroundings, hanging a diploma on your wall is lame.

At work, yes I agree.

At home, do what you want, they're your walls.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »
About the same set up I have although my grade school one is next to my HS one which is next to my MU one. 

Forgot about that 8th grade one!

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 05:18:11 PM »
Did MU at least use a decent linen or parchment paper for your diploma? I went elsewhere for grad school and got some cardstock piece of crap for my troubles.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:20:23 PM by Cooby Snacks »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 05:50:41 PM »

Agreed. I have the misfortune of being a lawyer, so I plead what little innocence I can on the d-bag front, i.e., me hanging my diplomas is not the lamest thing that I do.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
Did MU at least use a decent linen or parchment paper for your diploma? I went elsewhere for grad school and got some cardstock piece of crap for my troubles.

Yes. It's some kind of fabric-y paper that's nice and translucent when you hold it up to the light, but feels sturdy? Not sure, never took a class on paper.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 07:31:22 PM »
My advanced degree is on a peeled back label from a long neck.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 07:46:01 PM »

Want a stylish frame for it? Dare I say it'd be slicker than putting a diploma from a university behind glass.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 09:47:20 PM »

It still pisses me off that Marquette demolished the Lanche. What was a real outrage was when the U tried to sell bricks from the carcass. Kinda like the SS selling eyeglasses.

Death on call

feedback