collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: No. 1 party school ... Syracuse! (Mad town 8)  (Read 10967 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: No. 1 party school ... Syracuse! (Mad town 8)
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 08:41:17 PM »
I also seem to recall that a keg was about 30 bucks.  Perhaps the years have distorted my memory.  Hard to believe they are over $100 now.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »
All it took to have a keg in your room in Schroeder (10s) was to put a call into Chopper, the Pabst rep.  Friday afternoon, a keg would mysterically show up at your dorm room.

When I was at MU all it took was emptying your Hockey or Lacrosse bag and knowing when TAMU was going to be away.   ;)
Maigh Eo for Sam

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 08:10:16 AM »
I also seem to recall that a keg was about 30 bucks.  Perhaps the years have distorted my memory.  Hard to believe they are over $100 now.

When I was in school (2006-2010) kegs were still only $45. Most times you had a shell to return and there were always taps circulating which made it cheap. I have a brother who just graduated in May and another who is gonna be a junior at MU and I can assure you the party scene is still solid.

Also, I think one reason MU doesn't show up on these lists is because students do a lot of their partying/drinking downtown which wouldn't match the campus/school description.
Bring back FFP!!!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »
When I was at MU all it took was emptying your Hockey or Lacrosse bag and knowing when TAMU was going to be away.   ;)

We just had to invite our RA, Rocky Rockenbach down for a brew, and you were good to go.  Times were different back then.

Rocky was a good egg.  RIP.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 08:36:36 AM »
When I was in school (2006-2010) kegs were still only $45. Most times you had a shell to return and there were always taps circulating which made it cheap. I have a brother who just graduated in May and another who is gonna be a junior at MU and I can assure you the party scene is still solid.

Also, I think one reason MU doesn't show up on these lists is because students do a lot of their partying/drinking downtown which wouldn't match the campus/school description.

Students go downtown now?  From 98-02, we maybe went to Water Street 1x per month?  The only regular spots downtown, was Have a Nice Day Cafe on Thursdays, when someone would win a free beer party from 7pm-9pm, and rock bottom, I think on Wednesdays, had all you can eat wings, and all you can drink beer from 6pm-9pm for $10.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 09:02:11 AM »
We went downtown all the time (Thursday-Saturday) and then would head back to campus around 1:00am for bar close. And I know my brothers and their friends do the same.

Only time we would stick around campus on a weekend would be house parties then close the campus bars. Obviously everyone has a diffrent experience but from mine and 3 brothers (one older, 06 grad) that was our normal routine.
Bring back FFP!!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 09:29:04 AM »
Students go downtown now?  From 98-02, we maybe went to Water Street 1x per month?  The only regular spots downtown, was Have a Nice Day Cafe on Thursdays, when someone would win a free beer party from 7pm-9pm, and rock bottom, I think on Wednesdays, had all you can eat wings, and all you can drink beer from 6pm-9pm for $10.

My oldest daughter graduated in 2000 and I think they went downtown fairly regularly, especially from junior year on when she and some of her friends started interning at firms in the city. We still have an "I closed Wolski's" bumper sticker on the wall of our garage. In the Dark Ages (my time at MU), we didn't spend much time in the city until our senior year (Filling Station, Stone Toad, a few others).

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »
It was all about going downtown when I was a sophomore because fake ids were the newest coolest thing
Maigh Eo for Sam

reinko

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 12:11:53 PM »
We went downtown all the time (Thursday-Saturday) and then would head back to campus around 1:00am for bar close. And I know my brothers and their friends do the same.

Only time we would stick around campus on a weekend would be house parties then close the campus bars. Obviously everyone has a diffrent experience but from mine and 3 brothers (one older, 06 grad) that was our normal routine.

We were pretty lazy too.

Anyone remember $2 import night @ the Brown Bottle??

feedback