[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo issued the Ice Bucket Challenge - Update: Completed w/Video  (Read 6995 times)

chapman

• All American
Update: Challenge completed, Wojo challenges Steve Novak, Jabari Parker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drOr8eKkID0

------------------------------

Watching the Brewers at Cubs.  For those who aren't aware, the Ice Bucket Challenge has been going viral as a way to raise awareness for ALS.  A challenged person has 24 hours to be videotaped with a bucket of ice water being poured over his or her head.  Those who complete the challenge can issue it to three more.

Brewers field reporter and MU alum Sophia Minnaert completed the challenge earlier today at Wrigley, and after they showed the clip she issued her challenges, one of which was Wojo.  Coach has 24 hours to accept the challenge!

The challenge entered the Brewers/Wisconsin area through former Brewers prospect/Bachelorette winner Josh Murray, who challenged Braun.  Braun challenged teammates Gomez, Lohse, and Lucroy.  Gomez challenged Minnaert; Lucroy challenged Aaron Rodgers, who also completed the challenge today.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:43:52 PM by chapman »

bilsu

• All American
Re: Wojo issued the Ice Bucket Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
Maybe Wojo will issue Ners a challange.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:47:07 PM »
I guess it's a good cause and all, but man... I find it stupid. Have seen a few videos and they all suck. At least puke or something.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 07:49:22 PM »
I guess it's a good cause and all, but man... I find it stupid. Have seen a few videos and they all suck. At least puke or something.

+1000- millions already had "awareness" of ALS before our society had to dream up another vapid, cheap symbolic gesture that's going to do little or nothing to help the poor people afflicted with this terrible disease. But hey, whatever keeps the attention and spotlight coming your way.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:52:08 PM »
+1000- millions already had "awareness" of ALS before our society had to dream up another vapid, cheap symbolic gesture that's going to do little or nothing to help the poor people afflicted with this terrible disease. But hey, whatever keeps the attention and spotlight coming your way.

Well expect for a massive increase in donations.

http://nesn.com/2014/08/ice-bucket-challenge-leads-to-massive-surge-in-donations-to-als-association/

People are way too cynical.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »

The challenge entered the Brewers/Wisconsin area through former Brewers prospect/Bachelorette winner Josh Murray, who challenged Braun. 

Speaking of vapid, nothing screams vapid more than a Bachelor/Bachelorette contestant.  Way to go Josh. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 07:56:41 PM »

Well expect for a massive increase in donations.

http://nesn.com/2014/08/ice-bucket-challenge-leads-to-massive-surge-in-donations-to-als-association/

People are way too cynical.

All right, great, I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. It's obviously done quite a bit of good.

I still maintain it's mostly a bunch of people that crave attention, something not in short supply today in our world.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 07:59:11 PM »
Gomez would challenge Minnaert
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 07:51:50 AM »

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 08:53:26 AM »
So, where's the best place for Wojo to do this to get a nice video clip?  Maybe in front of the Al statue in the Al with his hands raised?  Or maybe in front of a limo in Henry Ellenson's front yard at midnight?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 08:56:59 AM »
So, where's the best place for Wojo to do this to get a nice video clip?  Maybe in front of the Al statue in the Al with his hands raised?  Or maybe in front of a limo in Henry Ellenson's front yard at midnight?

In front of Bert's house in the Quon?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 09:02:09 AM »
I don't care where he does it.  However I care deeply about where the Fox Sports Wisconsin girls do.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »

I'm on your side. Seems cheap. But, yes, I guess I'm being too cynical. Still, it seems most people just pass it off to someone else instead of donating the $100 so I don't get it.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 10:15:34 AM »
I'm on your side. Seems cheap. But, yes, I guess I'm being too cynical. Still, it seems most people just pass it off to someone else instead of donating the $100 so I don't get it.

Some individuals like to be on camera giggling & showing off. Fine to have fun; just not sure there's much correlation to b/w the supposed "goal" of the "campaign" and what most people are doing.

Chug milk til you puke or shuttup, I say!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brandx

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 12:29:22 PM »

Just a feel-good thing although I don't know why. Doesn't accomplish anything.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 03:43:46 PM »
It brings laughs, attention, and discussion.   There are worse things in life.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

chapman

• All American
Re: Wojo issued the Ice Bucket Challenge - Update: Completed w/Video
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »
Updated the OP - Coach comes through!  Tyler Thornton was also challenged and accepted in the video.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »
Anyone have any clue where someone might find the video of Sophia?  Purely to raise awareness.

Awareness is what I named my junk

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »

Not to complain, Coach, but I didn't see a whole lot of ice cubes in there. I just see water.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:12:16 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.