[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gabe Levin  (Read 9855 times)

teamdee

• Scholarship Player
Gabe Levin
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
Levin is ready for primetime, he's looking really good in practice.  WIN THE DAY.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Gabe Levin
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:07:11 AM »
Glad to hear. Averaging nearly a double double as a freshman has made me cautiously optimistic.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
Thanks for the update TeamDee.  Look forward to seeing the young man on the court in a year and a half.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:43:59 AM »
I remember the same being said of Dan Fitzgerald.   I liked Dan, but MU is going to need more from Mr. Levin. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:48:51 AM »
I remember the same being said of Dan Fitzgerald.   I liked Dan, but MU is going to need more from Mr. Levin. 

Levin played 30+ mpg and was an 11/7 guy at LMU.
Fitz played 14 mpg and was a 4/2 guy at Tulane.

I think Levin will be better.  Although I will say that I think Fitzgerald was the victim of excessive expectations.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 02:24:30 PM »
I certainly hope he will be better.   I just am reluctant to go down the "the new guy is tearing it up, just wait" road again just now.   So, young Mr. Levin, keep tearing it up in practice against Steve, Juan, and Deonte.   I look forward with interest to seeing you in 15-16.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 03:13:58 PM »
I certainly hope he will be better.   I just am reluctant to go down the "the new guy is tearing it up, just wait" road again just now.   So, young Mr. Levin, keep tearing it up in practice against Steve, Juan, and Deonte.   I look forward with interest to seeing you in 15-16.   

I think TeamDee is speaking the truth.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 07:58:54 PM »
You also have to remember he will only be a sophomore and should continue to improve.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 09:19:15 PM »
Levin is ready for primetime, he's looking really good in practice.  WIN THE DAY.

How is his injury?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 09:26:31 PM »

Levin played 30+ mpg and was an 11/7 guy at LMU.
Fitz played 14 mpg and was a 4/2 guy at Tulane.

I think Levin will be better.  Although I will say that I think Fitzgerald was the victim of excessive expectations.

Agree that Fitz had the good look on paper but just didn't have the takeover skills in the games.

Levin's minutes are promising. Seeing D1 ball from the bench and playing it on the hardwood are two different things.
SS Marquette

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 10:39:21 PM »
Super excited about him! Posted on our HS alumni page on Facebook calling all OPRF alums to support him as much as we did Shumpert at GT.  Hopefully it'll get some new fans for our team!
Maigh Eo for Sam

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 09:33:18 PM »
Will never forget Fitzgeralds undefended travel to help blow the game against Louisville.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 11:13:59 PM »
looks solid im not sure well see.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 08:52:15 AM »
Taylor will be back for his senior year, Burton will be back as well.  Now if you sign Ellenson, he will for sure get starting time, Levin will only get 10-15 minutes maybe as a soph, so in saying
that, not sure how much impact he will have.  Does anybody see something different?  Junior and Senior year might be different once Taylor leaves. 

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 08:56:08 AM »
you might be assuming that Taylor is better than he has been, Levin could just beat him out for more PT, you never know. 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »
Taylor will be back for his senior year, Burton will be back as well.  Now if you sign Ellenson, he will for sure get starting time, Levin will only get 10-15 minutes maybe as a soph, so in saying
that, not sure how much impact he will have.  Does anybody see something different?  Junior and Senior year might be different once Taylor leaves. 
When Levin signed he said Wojo might use him at the two.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 04:25:30 PM »
He's a switchable. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 07:51:07 PM »
When Levin signed he said Wojo might use him at the two.

I'm thinking that the difference between Buzz and Wojo is that Buzz would have told Levin that he was "definitely" going to use him at the two.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 09:12:14 PM »
I'm thinking that the difference between Buzz and Wojo is that Buzz would have told Levin that he was "definitely" going to use him at the two.

I watched him at Loyola which played Pepperdine and he really showed me nothing from the outside, can drive to the hoop, maybe a 3 but a 2 will take a great deal of change in his game.
I do not see it, good free throw shooter, did not even look to shot from outside, time will tell.  Has some talent, not sure if he is better than Fitz or not.  Noswosiak, Wilson, Cheatham, JJ
and Dawson will be your guards in the future.   There is talent there.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 08:03:10 AM »

Mr. Maymon is insisting that Levin be used at the 2!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 08:12:01 AM »
looks solid im not sure well see.

Punctuation can be your friend Johnny B.  Are you not sure if Gabe will be solid?  Or are you not sure we'll see if he's solid?  I'm hoping it's the former.  I'd hate to see him transfer before playing.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 08:25:35 AM »
I watched him at Loyola which played Pepperdine and he really showed me nothing from the outside, can drive to the hoop, maybe a 3 but a 2 will take a great deal of change in his game.
I do not see it, good free throw shooter, did not even look to shot from outside, time will tell.  Has some talent, not sure if he is better than Fitz or not.  Noswosiak, Wilson, Cheatham, JJ
and Dawson will be your guards in the future.   There is talent there.
I have never seen Levin play. However, if you would of watched Burton in most games last year you would not of seen him take any outside shots and would have easily formed the opinion that he could not play the two. Watch Burton in the pro am and you can see he handles the ball well and can shoot from the outside. Where and how a player plays is greatly influenced by how the coach wants to use the player. In Burton's case Buzz buried him under the defensive boards and had him inbounding the ball. The result was that he virtually never got out on the fast break. Burton's skills and athleticism were well hidden last year.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
I have never seen Levin play. However, if you would of watched Burton in most games last year you would not of seen him take any outside shots and would have easily formed the opinion that he could not play the two. Watch Burton in the pro am and you can see he handles the ball well and can shoot from the outside. Where and how a player plays is greatly influenced by how the coach wants to use the player. In Burton's case Buzz buried him under the defensive boards and had him inbounding the ball. The result was that he virtually never got out on the fast break. Burton's skills and athleticism were well hidden last year.

Like I said, time and a lot of practice, you never know.  Has time on his side.  Still lots of guards in 2 years, a wing, I see that.  That is what he was doing at Loyola.